Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:05 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj
If Obama really wanted unity he would have smacked down his chief of staff when he made the comment "Rule 1: Never allow a crisis to go to waste, They are opportunities to do big things” White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel told the New York Times right after the election.
A crisis often means that fundamental changes are needed for real improvement so Rahm is absolutely right. Sorry for those of you that simply want to apply patches to improve significantly bad situations.

Quote:
This was a direct shot over the bow and a huge signal of what was to come. Nothing about coming together just we can use this to ram our policies through and it's been that way since.

No it was not. It's sad that you don't seem to care about our crisis because if you did then you would realize that a buge problem created over this decade requires huge solutions.

Quote:
It's a pity really, I wish they could all get together and figure things out for the sake of our nation.

It is a pit that the Republicans don't want to participate. I understand that deregulation is a major part of being Republican, but one would think that a mature adult would recognize what their extreme policies of letting children run wild in a candy store would do this country.

And yet while Obama opened them into the process, they simply united in slapping him down and continue to do.
Very good points!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 11:12 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,011,689 times
Obama as an agitator? Really..LOL

Um.. I think the greedy pig CEO's of companies like AIG did a good enough job on their own of agitating the public. considering tha abhorrent behaviour has been in place long before Obama was president.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:16 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Obama as an agitator? Really..LOL

Um.. I think the greedy pig CEO's of companies like AIG did a good enough job on their own of agitating the public.
You may need to refer to a dictionary.

Agitator is one who "stirs things up". The AIG guys are just plain criminals. Obama, instead of trying to quell anger in America though, has seemed to stir anger. He has an undercurrent of class warfare in everything he says and does.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:17 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,493,997 times
The ideas of "The Unity" ended when the class warfare began. Also, gun bans, 10 trillion dollar deficits and the threatening of NOT paying for our military veterans medical bills didn't help very much.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
You may need to refer to a dictionary.

Agitator is one who "stirs things up". The AIG guys are just plain criminals. Obama, instead of trying to quell anger in America though, has seemed to stir anger. He has an undercurrent of class warfare in everything he says and does.

What.. NO.. he has not stirred up anything.. Do you think we wouldn't be angry regardless of what the President has to say REALLY? WRONG.. I think he is just acknowledging our anger and he gets it.

And.. the President is just as much of a taxpayer as the rest of us.. so he SHOULD be angry about it too.. we all should.

They are criminals.. 100% and we would be upset about their abhorrent behavior regardless of WHO was in office and saying what..

As a matter of fact.. if Obama DIDN'T acknowledge the public frustration and outrage I'd be extremely dissappointed.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
The ideas of "The Unity" ended when the class warfare began. Also, gun bans, 10 trillion dollar deficits and the threatening of NOT paying for our military veterans medical bills didn't help very much.

The class warfar was started by the greedy themselves.. if they hadn't acted with such a callous disregard and disrespect for the rest of the citizens of this country and didn't walk around with the attitude that they were untouchable we , the middle guys, wouldn't be so angry.

If they had actually used their tax cuts for the good it was SUPPOSED to inject in theory.. we, the middle guys, wouldn't be so pissed off! Instead,they've enjoyed 8 years of tax cuts, while the middle has beared teh BURDEN of taxes (burden has NOTHING to do with dollar amounts) while they all sat around and gave themselves (those running these companies) huge fat raises and obscene bonuses while sending our jobs overseas and stagnating income in this country.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
The class warfar was started by the greedy themselves.. if they hadn't acted with such a callous disregard and disrespect for the rest of the citizens of this country and didn't walk around with the attitude that they were untouchable we , the middle guys, wouldn't be so angry.

If they had actually used their tax cuts for the good it was SUPPOSED to inject in theory.. we, the middle guys, wouldn't be so pissed off! Instead,they've enjoyed 8 years of tax cuts, while the middle has beared teh BURDEN of taxes (burden has NOTHING to do with dollar amounts) while they all sat around and gave themselves (those running these companies) huge fat raises and obscene bonuses while sending our jobs overseas and stagnating income in this country.
See this is the problem. The lines have been blurred. You are putting the corrupt CEOs in the pot with the Up and Up Company owner, making millions, and with the double income professional limping in at 250,000 a year.

THE BAD CEOs are a VERY VERY VERY small percentage of the UPPER CLASS.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:34 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Quote:

So then it should also bother you that Obama has been throwing weekly parties in the White House serving 100 dollar a pound Wagu beef......jetting around on Air Force One to be on late night comedy shows......Congress voting themselves a raise....... Right? You should be angry about those things as well.

Obama WANTS you to be angry at CEO's. He wants people to be angry at people with money. He stirs class warfare. Takes the attention off what the government is doing (not doing). It promotes dependency on the government.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
See this is the problem. The lines have been blurred. You are putting the corrupt CEOs in the pot with the Up and Up Company owner, making millions, and with the double income professional limping in at 250,000 a year.

THE BAD CEOs are a VERY VERY VERY small percentage of the UPPER CLASS.

What I dont' get is how can someone be LIMPING at $250K a year!! (unless they live in NYC!) Really..LOL. I'd be MORE THAN COMFORTABLE at $250K a year!! Heck. .I'll take $100K a year and be quite content thank you. When you consider the average American family has an income of $56K a year!

It blows my mind when someone cries about making $250K.. what.. are you upset that maybe you can't buy your kid a BMW??.. when those of us in the middle and those like myself, are grateful to have some money this week to fill my oil tank and put groceries on the table.. it really blows my mind!

I don't Need to make that much money.. but don't whine about making $250K a year and the taxes you have to pay when the average family makes $56K a year and pays taxes and is barely making ends meet.. I mean come on.. a little perspective here.. atleast those at $250K have enought AFTER they pay taxes to afford their health insurance, put money away for retirement and actually invest in something and grow their money.. a little perspective is much needed.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:45 AM

I was being facestious. But my point is you are lumping hard working, above the board people with Ceo's run amuck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies