Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:20 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Please, give an EDUCATED opinion on where you think the economy will be in 2012. Please, no BS like "Obama will take care of everything". I think unemployment will be at about 13-14%. The commercial real estate market will crash causing many defaults and even more economic stagnation. The real estate residential market will lose another 20% of its value and even in 2012, we will be nowhere near bottom. Crime and suicide will increase dramatically and many Americans will start considering immigrating to other countries. Obama will try to run for reelection but will lose to a Republican candidate.
Why don't you just shoot yourself and get it over with.

The economy is going to go through several years of 1% to 4% growth. The real estate market is in a DEPRESSION that will not show any significant signs of improvement until 2014.

Empolyment will struggle to get below 8% in the next two years. There will be continued pressure on wages as outsourcing continues and lack of strong consumer demand slows the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,553,359 times
Obama is out. The "hope for change" is all hype. People are fed up. What has he done for the AMERICAN people? Nothing. Anyone that runs against him will get into office.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:33 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,038 times
Dubya was no genius, but you can point to Clinton for the start of our problems.

-NAFTA
-Rubin/Summers quashing of any regulation of the derivatives market.
-Community reinvestment act.

I just can't understand how the Obama fan boys don't realize that he is an empty suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
It took Bush 8 years to wreck the economy horribly, sending us to a sure-Depression. He also neglected every single domestic agenda to focus on those bogus wars that we're still grappling with (but to a lesser degree thanks to Obama). Interesting that Pubs didn't complain about the deficit when Bush when Bush was in office, but waiting for Obama to take command. Absolutely pathetic watching their sudden concern.

Given that Obama has absolutely no help from Republicans in crafting solutions to problems, only obstructionist tactics, overly negative narratives (like the OP's statements), and sudden deficit concern, he must find a way to resuscitate the economy while concurrently grappling with all the other Bush/Republican-created domestic problems. His first term has been spent putting out fires created by Bush/Republicans while at the same time making improvements in every area. He has done a great job.

This means that the economy will be better and on the road to recovery in 2012. Obviously, it took Bush 8 years to wreck the economy while you Pubs sat around picking your noses. It's going to take Obama time to fix the mess. Pubs don't have a chance to beat this man. Keep dreaming...

Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
Please, give an EDUCATED opinion on where you think the economy will be in 2012. Please, no BS like "Obama will take care of everything"
In other words, tell you what you want to hear.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:48 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Please, give an EDUCATED opinion on where you think the economy will be in 2012. Please, no BS like "Obama will take care of everything". I think unemployment will be at about 13-14%. The commercial real estate market will crash causing many defaults and even more economic stagnation. The real estate residential market will lose another 20% of its value and even in 2012, we will be nowhere near bottom. Crime and suicide will increase dramatically and many Americans will start considering immigrating to other countries. Obama will try to run for reelection but will lose to a Republican candidate.
One question, why?

The economy is making money. Now I don't think everything is going to be "rosey", but its not going to be catastrophic.

We have a good 5 to 10 years before our debt starts to threaten our credit rating, and I believe that the Republican party will hammer out enough of a deal on the 2012 budget that it will reform at least enough to stabilize things.

I don't think unemployment will ever drop below 9% again. Real estate values are rebounding in my area, slowly, but they are going up. Iowa may be a different story.

The situation is that we must reform medicare, social security, and decrease military spending. There are no if's, and's, or but's about it. The house and the President are playing chicken on who says it first. I don't like that, but it is how our system of government with a two party system works.

These cuts threatened to NPR, planned parenthood, etc are simply playing to the christian conservative base, and aren't going to fix anything.

I ask anyone who is a registered Republican or Democrat, lets not worry about 1% of the the budget, lets focus on the 70% of it thats killing us. Its like trying to kill a flea on the 2000 pound gorilla in the room.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:39 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
We will see slow declines to the unemployment rate I suspect around 8% by 2012. Home sales will still be slow but should have a slight upturn. We will have an increase in the deficit but it will be slowed
We will make strides on reducing dependence on foreign oil
interest will be around 6.5%
inflation will be around 10%

Old 03-31-2011, 09:56 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Well, a lot can happen on the upside or downside, but I think our outlooks are a tad different:

Unemployment - 8%

Commercial Real Estate - down a bit from current levels, I'll guess down 15%

Crime and suicide - same as today

Outward migration - nah

Obama will lose - depends, who is he running against?

8% is too optimistic imo. 8.5-8.6% is where I think it'll be by the end of next year. However, I do think 8% will be the new normal in the future.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:00 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Quote:
You want no BS and yet you make a horrible post like that. Other than an emotion driven diatribe against Obama (who is actually just handling the mess), you offer no details as to why you feel all of these bad things will happen. Have you looked at any of the data that's available around economic conditions? I tell my 12 year old niece this in her school work. You have to justify what you claim is true.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Obama will run for reelection and win by a landslide. (Like this time pretty much-except a wider margin)
The OP specificially asked for no BS..

Old 03-31-2011, 10:06 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
the economy is slowly recovering. Unemployment is going no where, and if it does, it might move into the 8% range in 2012.. The commercial real estate is finally stable. I'm starting to see requests for things like CTL financing again in my circles. Homes as well have stabalized, those who couldnt afford their houses have lost them already, and the 2012 election will be so close that trying to suggest who will win, even with phantom opponents is just wishful thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies