Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:50 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,288,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The rich didn't give me squat. The stockholders of the company I work for (and I am one too) gave me a job. .
Who do you think the stockholders are?

I say again - the rich give you a job - and they can take it away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 09:51 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,786,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Or go to Asian countries where they're permitted to make billions with little interference.
That would be even better. Maybe China. If they did what they do here in China, they'd be shot dead by sunset.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,288,696 times
Great - KevK doesn't like the "rich" - 'course, he can't define the word "rich"

Old 03-22-2009, 09:55 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,981,953 times
Quote:
That would be even better. Maybe China. If they did what they do here in China, they'd be shot dead by sunset.
You'll get no argument from me on the Enron, Fannie/Freddie execs, etc. They should all be summarily shot for crimes against humanity.

But, you are talking about the rich. The rich who have defrauded America are a mere subset of the overall wealthy class.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:59 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,172,047 times
Quote:
The one thing Obama has really let us down on is not taking harder after the rich who continue to rob us blind and steal our country. He promised higher taxes and more regulation on the rich and has yet to deliver on either. Instead the rich are continuing right on with their robbery and theft from the working people just like they did under the Republicans.
How long are we going to put up with this crap? Until we all live under bridges while the rich we serve all live in Buckhead mansions? When are we going to stand up and say enough is enough and DEMAND the government go after the rich and rob them for a change?
Sorry, Kev, but there's too many subservient Repub Wealthy Worshippers, people who adore the wealthy more than their god.
They truly believe that

A. ALL wealthy people struggled from the ghetto and through hard labor, skill and brains became wealthy. (ya know, like geogie bushbaby, Jr. did)

B. ANYTHING the wealthy do, including screwing America through either incompetance or greed, is perfectly all right because they EARNED it!

Old 03-22-2009, 09:59 PM

20,296 posts, read 37,229,536 times
Without the rich, we have no jobs. Not only that, but the rich pay most of the taxes, although a lot of people can't or don't believe it. To make it simple, think of Federal taxes as follows: a box full of money. This is the total tax revenue collected by the government. The total amount of money collected from the poor workers (most of us when compared to the rich) does not account to much (perhaps under one-third of the box). The rest of the money in the box is from the rich.

I imagine that the main reason why there isn't a flat tax is because the more complicated the system is, the more money the Government collects with the myriad of rules. Lets say that there is a flat tax at 25%. In this case, the poor worker who makes $100 per year pays $25.00 in Federal taxes. The rich guy who makes $1,000 per year pays $250 per year. So, it would take 10 of us poor workers to pay the amount 1 rich guy would pay.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:01 PM

20,350 posts, read 19,956,127 times
Define "rich", kevk. That way I'll know whether I need to look out for a good forking.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:02 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,635,536 times
At what pay scale is rich? 50,000- 100,000 just wait due to inflation and the value of the dollar falling you will be at that level soon and can pay taxes at that level. When the taxes are 50% of anything over 60,000 and inflation will put people making 30 G's into that bracket fast. The fed just started printing money to cover it's bills that will kick start inflation big time. Of course a loaf of bread will be $100.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:06 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,069,536 times
I'd also like to know who 'the rich' are.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:07 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,478,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Horse s hit!

The rich give you a job.

They can also take it away
I dunno about you but business isn't a charity. I have a job because I produce something of value. The same can't be said for the pirates on Wall Street that created wealth out of thin air then ripped the blanket from under our feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies