Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 02:11 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post

Helping other countries out is different from wanting to invade them for your own selfish reasons.
And which characterizes our imminent escalation in Afghanistan? Who in Afghanistan is asking for this escalation? What are our unselfish reasons for invading them?

In reference to the latter point, has there ever been a foreign policy intiaitive undertaken by the United States which did not contain some measure of self-interestedness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 02:17 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
and all along I though that Bush was POTUS on the months preceeeding 9/11. So I guess it did not happen on his watch since you claim that he kept us safe. I was also under the impression that the seventeen of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi and Bush attacked Iraq not Saudi, so I guess the Saudi hijackers were from Iraq???? He never did smoke bin Laden out of that cave though, unless I'm mistaken about that too. One thing I am sure of is that he did appease bin Laden by shutting the U.S. Military Base in Saudi.
Those attacks were being planned for YEARS. The few months he was in office, there was probably chatter, but the same chatter as the entire 8 years Clinton was in office.

We got caught with our pants down. There's nobody that would have been in power that would have prevented that, based on the way our government was operating through ALL administrations.

The attackers were Muslim Extremists. Just like the one's we're fighting IN Iraq. We never went to war WITH Iraq. Otherwise we would have just decimated the area, regardless of civilians.

We are at war with terrorists, who's main operating area was IN Iraq. Their dictator happened to be a terrorist.

The left keeps drawing a distinction between Iraq, Afghanistan and terrorism.

We're fighting terrorism, wherever it is. This isn't a traditional war with borders. We're fighting a group of people that claim no country. They claim Islam.

It's the same old moveon talking points. That's in. Learn to think for yourself.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:20 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,611,332 times
I am simply trying to provoke some citical thinking here, since alot of the times it seems this board is a laundry list of Ad Honemium attacks and baseless accusations. To be fair, I feel Obama is suffering the same treatment as well.

In short, I'm asking the American voter (you), to "Back it Up" w/ facts...

Old 03-23-2009, 03:23 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Those attacks were being planned for YEARS. The few months he was in office, there was probably chatter, but the same chatter as the entire 8 years Clinton was in office.

We got caught with our pants down. There's nobody that would have been in power that would have prevented that, based on the way our government was operating through ALL administrations.

The attackers were Muslim Extremists. Just like the one's we're fighting IN Iraq. We never went to war WITH Iraq. Otherwise we would have just decimated the area, regardless of civilians.

We are at war with terrorists, who's main operating area was IN Iraq. Their dictator happened to be a terrorist.

The left keeps drawing a distinction between Iraq, Afghanistan and terrorism.

We're fighting terrorism, wherever it is. This isn't a traditional war with borders. We're fighting a group of people that claim no country. They claim Islam.

It's the same old moveon talking points. That's in. Learn to think for yourself.
Maybe you should take your own advice! There was no Al-Qaeda in Iraq. Provide a link that states that they were there before Bush invaded. Saddam had no ties with Al-Qaeda and did not tolerate Muslim extremism. Only a person that has had their brain sucked out by Limbaugh would insinuate such an ignorant and obtuse thing. You bought into the BS and that is the bottom line. Bush never came to govern or keep anyone safe. Cheney and Rumsfeld were pulling all the strings and they are war criminals. Raisin Brain Bush was along for the ride and to avenge Saddam's attempt to kill his daddy. He wanted to be "The Commander Guy" or the "Decider Guy". What a sociopathic ******* he really is!

Old 03-23-2009, 03:28 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
I didn't say Al-Qaeda. I said muslim extremists and terrorists. All of them.

Saddam was pretty extreme in the way he killed kurds and tortured his own people. That, to me, qualifies as a muslim extremist. He didn't tolerate OTHER extremists that would have interfered with his tyranny.

I love how if you disagree with a liberal, you apparently can't think for yourself. Such a compelling argument. And I love how certain people were so much more educated than the public about the way the government was run and who was pulling strings. Good to know that a random message board liberal had such high clearance.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:31 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
I am simply trying to provoke some citical thinking here, since alot of the times it seems this board is a laundry list of Ad Honemium attacks and baseless accusations. To be fair, I feel Obama is suffering the same treatment as well.

In short, I'm asking the American voter (you), to "Back it Up" w/ facts...
Well why don't you participate? What is your opinion? Its your thread, you haven't provided your opinion.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:32 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I do not have the time to provide you with a political education. I do reccommend the last thre books by Chalmers Johnson. IIRC "Blowback" and "Sorrows of Empire" are two of the titles.

Allow me to translate. "I can't think of a single thing otherwise I would have provided it for you".

Old 03-23-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
It's not what did Bush do .. it's what he allowed Cheney to do.

For example.....

Old 03-23-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Bush screwed up because he had a "hard on" for Iraq, and used 911 as an excuse to attack.
Why did so many well known Democrats vote to approve the war? Did they also have a prominent buldge for Iraq?

Old 03-23-2009, 03:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I didn't say Al-Qaeda. I said muslim extremists and terrorists. All of them.

Saddam was pretty extreme in the way he killed kurds and tortured his own people. That, to me, qualifies as a muslim extremist. He didn't tolerate OTHER extremists that would have interfered with his tyranny.

I love how if you disagree with a liberal, you apparently can't think for yourself. Such a compelling argument. And I love how certain people were so much more educated than the public about the way the government was run and who was pulling strings. Good to know that a random message board liberal had such high clearance.
Okay, here it is....I am about to puke if one more person treats these issues as if it is a football game and you are choosong a favorite team. I have no label. I vote with careful consideration to a person's actions, not their talk. I voted for the idiot Bush, but after the facts started to reveal themselves, I was intelligent enough to understand that we were lied into an illegal occuaption. 9/11 has never been avenged or for that matter properly investigated. Don't talk to me of dems, libs, repubs because in truth it totally negates anything of intelligence that you have to say. I am an independent that would prefer a different party to any that we have had and I will not swallow BS when the truth is staring me in the face. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, Gonzales, Rice, John Yoo and the rest are war criminals. They have committed crimes against this country and humanity in a blatant and arrogant fashion and until they are brought to justice, this country will be built on a foundation of crap. If there are people of any party affiliation that have had involvment, they should be tried and punished alongside these traitors!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 03-23-2009 at 04:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies