Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 12:09 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,853,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Obama laughed. The world is ending. Run for the hills.
He is the president of this country, There is a time and place for everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 12:25 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,195,329 times
I seriously don't get what the big deal is. My husband is VERY skeptical of everything from both the right and the left and he didn't think this was a big deal. The man is not allowed to laugh? seriously?

Old 03-23-2009, 12:27 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,784,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He is the president of this country, There is a time and place for everything.
Yes, and he has been amazingly on-mark/politically correct probably 97% of the time in his media-blitzed first 100 days - but the man is human. I didn't see anything wrong with what he did in the interview, but am just saying that for those who did.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Yes, and he has been amazingly on-mark/politically correct probably 97% of the time in his media-blitzed first 100 days - but the man is human. I didn't see anything wrong with what he did in the interview, but am just saying that for those who did.
Let me ask you this would you admit anything he did was wrong? What would he have to do wrong for you to admit that maybe just maybe that was the wrong thing to do

Old 03-23-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Let me ask you this would you admit anything he did was wrong? What would he have to do wrong for you to admit that maybe just maybe that was the wrong thing to do
Yes ... and I have been vocal that Mr. Obama needs to be a man and admit that taxes on everyone need to go up a percentage point or two after the economy recovers - instead of giving this pie in the sky crap that makes it look like you will never see a tax increase in your lifetime unless you are rich. But otside of his unwillingness to make that unpopular statement, he has done nothing yet to make me question him. Of course, it is a given that I agree with him on most of his policy/beliefs ... so that obviously "blinds" my vision according to those who do not agree.

As for the "laughing" at that point of the interview, come on.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Yes ... and I have been vocal that Mr. Obama needs to be a man and admit that taxes on everyone need to go up a percentage point or two after the economy recovers - instead of giving this pie in the sky crap that makes it look like you will never see a tax increase in your lifetime unless you are rich. But otside of his unwillingness to make that unpopular statement, he has done nothing yet to make me question him. Of course, it is a given that I agree with him on most of his policy/beliefs ... so that obviously "blinds" my vision according to those who do not agree.

As for the "laughing" at that point of the interview, come on.
Thank you for answering now let me ask you something else and be truthful about it ok. Had Bush done this while talking about we are in our worst economic crisis in our lifetime like Obama has done many times. Would you still be saying its no big deal

So you think Obama is misleading the country over taxes and still support and believe in him? How do you know he isnt just misleading you also

Old 03-23-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Thank you for answering now let me ask you something else and be truthful about it ok. Had Bush done this while talking about we are in our worst economic crisis in our lifetime like Obama has done many times. Would you still be saying its no big deal

So you think Obama is misleading the country over taxes and still support and believe in him? How do you know he isnt just misleading you also
To tell the absolute truth, I would have the same position on this had Bush laughed at that point of the interview. I am not a Bush-basher ... unless it deals with policy-disagrements.

And to your second question, yes, I do trust him (Obama). Why? Can you imagine the public/media bs if what needed to be said was said. We run from the idea of taxes like it's airborne aids. When governing or managing, sometimes you just have to pick your battles when you know what is best for the crowd. And outside of that one fact, I do not find Obama to be misleading at all.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:04 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,470,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have as much confidence in Obama's ability to lead today as I did during his campaign.
Me too.
Quote:

These indignities are something that a powerful Black man has dealt with before and will have to deal with on a continual basis. He can handle it!
HE'S BLACK!?

Quote:

George W Bush was a C level student at Yale who got what he had based on his family name. And even he didn't have the level of harsh critique of Obama so very early in his presidency....and he was a documented idiot!

Maybe if some of you had spent more time bashing GW we wouldn't be in such a mess as a country.
Maybe you could tell us the grade level Barry achieved at Occidental...Columbia...Harvard...?

Oops, no you can't because he won't tell you. But you know it was high, cause he was.

I wonder how he paid for all those high priced schools???? Oh, he won't tell you that either.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:36 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,243,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Yep.....there it goes....place the race card. Bring race into it. No one cares!

The fact is, he laughed and giggled like a buffoon when the time called for seriousness. Not very presidential to most.
The right wing O hating whiners are really pathetic. Any excuse to find a flaw no matter how trivial. He doesn't smile at the right time, he laughs at the wrong time, his hair isn't right, his suit is the wrong color... whine whine whine. Truly pathetic. He's been in office 40 days and he hasn't cured the biggest financial crisis in 80 years? How long before Limbaugh starts whining, IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH, 45 days?

Old 03-23-2009, 04:40 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,323,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
His remarks came in a"60 Minutes" interview in which he was pressed by Steve Kroft for laughing and chuckling several times while discussing the perilous state of the world’s economy.

"You're sitting here. And you're -- you are laughing. You are laughing about some of these problems. Are people going to look at this and say, 'I mean, he's sitting there just making jokes about money' -- How do you deal with -- I mean: explain. . ." Kroft asked at one point.

"Are you punch-drunk?" Kroft asked.
I watched that interview start to finish and I have no idea where you come up with this stuff. Why not watch the whole interview rather then just believing some partisan pundit's spin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies