Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2010, 10:30 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Obama is not doing the greatest job thus far but on his worst day, it's better than the idiot frat boy's best day.
He is doing a "great" job (over)spending even more than Bush did.

Quote:
I repeat, after 8 years of a blithering idiot named George it is nice again to hear an educated and articulate President speak.
Ever hear him speak without a TelePrompTer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 10:34 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
He's not reading during question and answer, he's thinking without dead silence or putting his foot in his mouth like the decider. If you can find a way to deny that Pres. Obama has an outstanding command of the facts and put that on display tonight, you're simply looking for something wrong and willing to contrive being angered as usual.
Preceding every other sentence with "let me be clear" doesn't make him a great speaker. Obama has a great command of what he calls facts, just because he proclaims it doesn't make it true or a fact.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:35 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
He is doing a "great" job (over)spending even more than Bush did.

Ever hear him speak without a TelePrompTer?
Beavis and Butthead would probably speak better - lol!

I would say something else instead but sometimes it's better keeping it away from forums.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:36 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
ugh, ugh, ugh, I am eloquent, ugh, ugh, and articulate, ugh, ugh, LOOK! What I say is all that matters to you lowly serf...ugh, *closes eyes in pain searching for next idea*, ugh, No, I will not address the, ugh, ugh, matter at hand but drift off into a, ugh, ugh, campaign speech that is totally unrelated to the question...

Old 04-01-2010, 10:39 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
How do you read an answer to a question you don't know will be asked?
And who wrote his books for him and how did he become editor of the Harvard Law Review? Someone do that for him, too?
Since he's sealed most of his past how would we know how he became editor? He hasn't released any of his school records, and apparently no one who attended Harvard or Columbia when he was there remembers him so it's hard to find out exactly how that happened. Maybe the same way he got into Harvard with supposedly below acceptable grades from Columbia? Maybe it's because his LSAT or SAT scores are so high, oh but he's locked those away too, must not be to proud of them.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:43 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Hitler was a great speaker too

Old 04-01-2010, 10:44 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Since he's sealed most of his past how would we know how he became editor? He hasn't released any of his school records, and apparently no one who attended Harvard or Columbia when he was there remembers him so it's hard to find out exactly how that happened. Maybe the same way he got into Harvard with supposedly below acceptable grades from Columbia? Maybe it's because his LSAT or SAT scores are so high, oh but he's locked those away too, must not be to proud of them.
Heck, he might have a "phony birth certificate" that he used and "phony something else(s)" for "others" - who knows.

What in the heck is he hiding?

He's certainly not "genuine" to me.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:03 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Obama is not doing the greatest job thus far but on his worst day, it's better than the idiot frat boy's best day.
I'd rather take the veteran pilot with 10,000 hours under his belt, who shows up in torn pants, a bottle of scotch in his hand, and missing 80% of his teeth then a fresh out of college pilot with 500 hours, who dresses well, speaks well, and looks the part.

Unfortunately you are a sucker for presentation over substance. This is a serious problem with the younger voting population. Fortunately, I judge more on accomplishments and experience than presentation.

Quote:
I repeat, after 8 years of a blithering idiot named George it is nice again to hear an educated and articulate President speak.
Bush was also one of the most organic, friendly, down-to-earth presidents we have ever had. I'd take his experience and personality any day over this sack of sterile needles known as Obama.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:16 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
"It sure is nice to listen to an intelligent President"

What, been listening to old Reagan speeches? That's about the only way that happens.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:22 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Heck, he might have a "phony birth certificate" that he used and "phony something else(s)" for "others" - who knows.

What in the heck is he hiding?

He's certainly not "genuine" to me.
agree with you. I think you need to call the FBI and get them on this right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies