Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:48 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
This is so disturbing. Children shouldn't have to be involved in this. I'm going to get fire from all Pro-Israel people here, but the truth is, we can't condone this kind of behavior. There is no excuse! And this goes for Palestine too! Both of them need to keep children out of this.
Oh for pete's sake. Anyone who has been to Israel, lived in Israel, or simply has common sense would know that no soldier would ever point a rifle at a toddler. Give me a break. How about we see the UNEDITED photo? Because something tells me there are a couple of smarmy Arab men standing right behind that child, and they are the target of the soldier's gun.

Anyone remember Tuvia Grossman and the NY Slimes? Remember the photo showing an Israeli policeman with a raised baton over the head of a bleeding man, with a caption that described the situation as an Israeli security guard beating a Palestinian on the top of the Temple Mount (only, um, there was a gas station in the background -- oops! No gas stations on the Temple Mount.) Turns out that the bleeding guy was a Jewish yeshiva student who had been pulled from a taxi cab by marauding Arabs and who would have been murdered in minutes if not for the police getting to the spot on time. The UNEDITED version of the photo showed the marauding Arab mob standing directly behind Tuvia Grossman, and they were the target of the policeman's baton. The NY Slimes was forced to retract this photo lie a few days later. And they are notorious for doing such things. I hate to see any reader here innocently falling for this nonsense.

The terrorist sympathizers, both on this board and elsewhere, are masters of deceit. Anyone interested in learning more about the manipulation of photographs and "journalistic" inaccuracies should visit the CAMERA website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 09:48 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The conflict "way back" has nothing to do with the innocent Palestinian families and children there now. Basic human rights and needs trump all else. I would believe the God that created ALL people would agree with me on that.

God did create all people and loves them all. He hates evil which is what suicide bombing, using children is. God has not taken sides in this conflict. You must understand the history behind this problem to understand how to treat it. This is the kind of thing that needs to happen to make progress.

Jewish and Arab children learn in the image of Abraham - ISRAEL21c

To believe what you wrote would mean we must give America back to the Native Americans and the rest of us should get back on the boat.

Are you comparing Israel to the American Indian? Most people look at it the other way. Israel has as much a right to the land as the Palestinians. They have to forget their history of hate in order to move forward. The Arab world must jointly admit that Israel has the right of existence before there can be progress.

I believe in upholding human rights and needs of all people, PERIOD!

As do I. Israel is a sovereign nation, has an established government and is prosperous. The Palestinian people are another story. They have a bunch of goons running whatever you want to call their alleged government. It is very unstable and completely non effective in helping the Palestinian people.
There is so much bad blood between the Arabs and the Jews which goes back to Biblical times. Until through education and understanding both nations begin teaching their children to understand each others plight there will be no peace.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Typical. Shoot the messenger. What about the human right's violations. Don't you have an opinion about that. What importance is it who is reporting the violations. The violations are what is important and what we intend to do about it. If not the UN, then who?
I have no problem with the reports. I have a problem with the UN corruption which is fact.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:51 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Oh for pete's sake. Anyone who has been to Israel, lived in Israel, or simply has common sense would know that no soldier would ever point a rifle at a toddler. Give me a break. How about we see the UNEDITED photo? Because something tells me there are a couple of smarmy Arab men standing right behind that child, and they are the target of the soldier's gun.

Anyone remember Tuvia Grossman and the NY Slimes? Remember the photo showing an Israeli policeman with a raised baton over the head of a bleeding man, with a caption that described the situation as an Israeli security guard beating a Palestinian on the top of the Temple Mount (only, um, there was a gas station in the background -- oops! No gas stations on the Temple Mount.) Turns out that the bleeding guy was a Jewish yeshiva student who had been pulled from a taxi cab by marauding Arabs and who would have been murdered in minutes if not for the police getting to the spot on time. The UNEDITED version of the photo showed the marauding Arab mob standing directly behind Tuvia Grossman, and they were the target of the policeman's baton. The NY Slimes was forced to retract this photo lie a few days later. And they are notorious for doing such things. I hate to see any reader here innocently falling for this nonsense.

The terrorist sympathizers, both on this board and elsewhere, are masters of deceit. Anyone interested in learning more about the manipulation of photographs and "journalistic" inaccuracies should visit the CAMERA website.
Another post...Shoot the source. Don't argue about what is actually happening. That is textbook.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:55 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Another post...Shoot the source. Don't argue about what is actually happening. That is textbook.
I AM talking about what's happening. What's happening is a propaganda war against Israel, and all manner of lies, deceit, and manipulation is being employed by terrorist sympathizers. Wake up kid -- you never know when the lies will be about YOU.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
So this justifies killing innocent people. Anyone who committed the atrocities above should be dealt with, but killing and imprisoning innocent people is not the answer. It only makes the problems worse. By your logic anyone who MIGHT be capable of killing should be killed before they have a chance. That is a good strategy...kill them all because eventually they may harm someone else. Why take the chance. The problem is that there some actual innocent Arabs and persians, but who really care about that right.
Nothing justifies the killing of innocent people but it seems that nobody cares about the atrocities towards Israel which started long before Israel was a nation governing themselves of anyone else. Just the facts.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I AM talking about what's happening. What's happening is a propaganda war against Israel, and all manner of lies, deceit, and manipulation is being employed by terrorist sympathizers. Wake up kid -- you never know when the lies will be about YOU.
You will never get this poster to admit anything, just look for Hot Air, the posts are full of it.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Who are these terrorist sympathizers instigating this propaganda. Your above post sounds like propaganda to me. Don't get me wrong I am not supporting the terrorists, but that is not justification for killing innocent people.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Nothing justifies the killing of innocent people but it seems that nobody cares about the atrocities towards Israel which started long before Israel was a nation governing themselves of anyone else. Just the facts.
What atrocities before Israel was a nation. I am not following? I am not jewish so that could be the disconnect. Are you saying there was an Israel before there was an Israel and they were victimized. I am not being facetious...I just don't understand what you are saying.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:33 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Little need to refer to all as terrorist sympathizers, or anti-semites.
Take the consolation that nothing will change for the Palestinians, regardless of opinions. Israel will prevail and will not be deterred in their treatment of Palestinians. America will bless everything Israel does while providing money. More Israeli settlements will be built regardless of opinion, even America's opinion.
Your side is (and will be) winning all the time. You have nothing to worry about.
I guess that those who look upon the Palestinians as human beings will just have to accept the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies