Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:45 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I can post these types of articles all day and some people will still remain ignorant and believe there is only one villain in the Middle East problem. Ignorance is no excuse but so many use it.

A female suicide bomber detonated her explosives at the entrance to a Jerusalem supermarket earlier today, killing herself and two other people, and injuring about 20, according to police and rescue workers.
It is believed the woman was
The 18-year-old
suicide bomber is just 18
Have you ever wondered what makes an 18 year old so desperate that they make themselves a suicide bomber?

-Could it be the >65% unemployment and >50% poverty rate in Gaza and the West Bank caused by the military occupation and confinement from Israel. Are the Palestinians without hope for a future?

-Could it be that Israel has long denied the Palestinians of basic human rights such as timely medical care, housing (Israel has bulldozed many Palestinian homes illegally to build Jewish settlements.), and resources?

-Could it be that Israel has done everything possible to make daily life extremely difficult for the Palestinian people? (One example is the multiple check points Palestinians must go through to reach areas with hospitals etc....).

By denying that Israel has denied Palestine basic human rights is to deny human rights PERIOD. This is a step back for mankind!

Last edited by jojajn; 06-03-2009 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: punctuation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 07:48 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,440 times
Default Disgustind an abhorrent post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You dismiss all the reports, pictures, BBC news reports, and videos showing the terrorism Israeli soldiers are committing on Palestinian civilians and children by flippantly calling the UN a corrupt organization?

Denial of a problem was what ultimately led to the Holocaust!

Denial
A favorite technique of extreme leftists and Islamic extremists (ie Achmadinajad) is to equate, explicitly or implicitly, the mideast situation with the Holocaust. Their purpose is to delegitimize Israel's existence.

It is a disgusting and abhorrent technique. This poster should be ashamed.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:51 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Israel: Criminal, Brutal, Racists

U.N. report condemns Israel for Gaza operation - CNN.com

"The report said a working group had documented and verified reports of violations "too numerous to list."

Examples

1) Israel Defense Forces soldiers ordered an 11-year-old boy to open Palestinians' packages, presumably so that the soldiers would not be hurt if they turned out to contain explosives, the 43-page report said.

They then forced the boy to walk in front of them in the town, it said. When the soldiers came under fire, "the boy remained in front of the group," the report said.

2) Affter a tank round struck near a house, a father and his two sons -- both younger than 11 -- emerged to look at the damage.

"As they exited their home, IDF soldiers shot and killed them (at the entrance to their house), with the daughter witnessing," the report said.

3) "Israeli soldiers entered a family house in the Zeitoun neighborhood of Gaza City. Standing at the doorstep, they asked the male head of the household to come out and shot him dead, without warning, while he was holding his ID, hands raised up in the air, and then started to fire indiscriminately and without warning into the room where the rest of the family was huddled together.

"The eldest son was shouting in vain the word 'Children' in Hebrew to warn the soldiers. The shooting did not stop until everyone was lying on the floor. The mother and four of the brothers, aged 2-12 years, had been wounded, one of them, aged 4, fatally."

4) 431 Palestinian Children killed
The establishment of israel was itself a crime, so they have been committing crimes every day since April 14, 1948.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:54 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,324 times
Quote:
You dismiss all the reports, pictures, BBC news reports, and videos showing the terrorism Israeli soldiers are committing on Palestinian civilians and children by flippantly calling the UN a corrupt organization?

Denial
No I don't deny anything. I am not ignorant like some people. I realize that both sides are to blame. I also realize that the people paying the price on both sides are not the people making the decisions in any way.

Now let's see how genuine you are. Are the Israeli innocent people that are killed by suicide bombers just casualties or are they also innocents killed by terrorist? Do you have any sympathy for what Israel has to go through living among people that want them wiped off the face of the planet?

Oh and BTW the UN is a corrupt organization and it is well documented.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:54 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
A favorite technique of extreme leftists and Islamic extremists (ie Achmadinajad) is to equate, explicitly or implicitly, the mideast situation with the Holocaust. Their purpose is to delegitimize Israel's existence.

It is a disgusting and abhorrent technique. This poster should be ashamed.
I agree with what the responder is saying, and I support Israel's existence.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
No I don't deny anything. I am not ignorant like some people. I realize that both sides are to blame. I also realize that the people paying the price on both sides are not the people making the decisions in any way.
This assertion is lost among the diehard apologist race baiters.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:56 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,324 times
Quote:

Denial
So what state od denial are you living in since you ignore, do not address, the suicide bombers in any of you posts?

Old 06-03-2009, 07:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Israel is a military industrial theocracy that is more concerned with power, territory and money than anything else. If the world has decreed a "homeland" for the Jews should the world decree a "homeland" for all the other faiths? I wonder where they would put the Christian "homeland".

Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
The establishment of israel was itself a crime, so they have been committing crimes every day since April 14, 1948.
At least this one is honest. The Israel haters' posts on this forum are meant not to criticize, but to delegitimize the State of Israel. Israel's very existence is a crime. Therefore any action by Israel, no matter how legitimate, is a crime.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Israel is a military industrial theocracy that is more concerned with power, territory and money than anything else. If the world has decreed a "homeland" for the Jews should the world decree a "homeland" for all the other faiths? I wonder where they would put the Christian "homeland".
You Nazi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies