Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 08:28 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
My mistake. It seems that most Israeli apologists were a-ok with the 1948 resolution but everything they did afterwards was bs. My apologies if I assumed you felt likewise.
The UN is a meddling organization with an agenda. They are full of bureaucrats that are living off of the members contributions. The US pays entirely too much of the budget and gets all the blame. The UN regularly puts countries on the Human Rights Council that have horrendous records of abuse of Human Rights. The UN needs as much reform as our 2 party political system. They are both full of corruption and good old boys clubs. Reform them both or abolish them. I guess you can see my feelings about the UN now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 08:32 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Then maybe you should try seeing both sides and condemn them both. How about posting links about the horrendous Palestinian suicide bombers too.
Palestinians = suicide bombers.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:37 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Palestinians = suicide bombers.
About 5% of Palestineans are suicide bombers. (rough guess)
About 5% of IDF are AVH stormtroopers.

I commend you on not playing the Al Sharpton inspired Jew race card.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:39 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Quote:
The UN is a meddling organization with an agenda. They are full of bureaucrats that are living off of the members contributions. The US pays entirely too much of the budget and gets all the blame. The UN regularly puts countries on the Human Rights Council that have horrendous records of abuse of Human Rights. The UN needs as much reform as our 2 party political system. They are both full of corruption and good old boys clubs. Reform them both or abolish them. I guess you can see my feelings about the UN now?
110% in agreement.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:43 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
A favorite technique of extreme leftists and Islamic extremists (ie Achmadinajad) is to equate, explicitly or implicitly, the mideast situation with the Holocaust. Their purpose is to delegitimize Israel's existence.

It is a disgusting and abhorrent technique. This poster should be ashamed.
No, not at all! "Never Again" means never again to any human or race. I would not matter to me who is committing the terrorism and who the victims are.

Denying people of basic human rights is just plain wrong! The race is not an issue.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
No I don't deny anything. I am not ignorant like some people. I realize that both sides are to blame. I also realize that the people paying the price on both sides are not the people making the decisions in any way.

Now let's see how genuine you are. Are the Israeli innocent people that are killed by suicide bombers just casualties or are they also innocents killed by terrorist? Do you have any sympathy for what Israel has to go through living among people that want them wiped off the face of the planet?

Oh and BTW the UN is a corrupt organization and it is well documented.
I believe that ANY killing is wrong, especially of innocent families, children, and civilians. I also believe that denying basic human rights to any person or country in inherently wrong.

I Would like to see you documentation that the UN is corrupt. Remember, being corrupt is not just because you happen to disagree with them.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:52 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,330,874 times
Originally Posted by lamontnow
A favorite technique of extreme leftists and Islamic extremists (ie Achmadinajad) is to equate, explicitly or implicitly, the mideast situation with the Holocaust. Their purpose is to delegitimize Israel's existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
No, not at all! "Never Again" means never again to any human or race. I would not matter to me who is committing the terrorism and who the victims are.

Denying people of basic human rights is just plain wrong! The race is not an issue.
HOW DARE YOU!!
So it's another Holocaust. Just a different race! Don't you have ANY shame???

Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post

Do only the Jews now have human rights? I only want basic human rights for all people. We cannot be racist in any situation when it comes to human rights and needs.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
I see you are in a state of denial, you are just deny that fact. Please read my posts and see what was happening even before Israel was a nation, even while the territory was under British rule. This is a conflict that goes way back, way before Israel even governed themselves. You would do yourself a favor if you would do a little research so that you really knew the history of why things are the way they are in the Middle East. To blame Israel for everything is just denial of the facts, plain and simple.
The conflict "way back" has nothing to do with the innocent Palestinian families and children there now. Basic human rights and needs trump all else. I would believe the God that created ALL people would agree with me on that.

To believe what you wrote would mean we must give America back to the Native Americans and the rest of us should get back on the boat.

I believe in upholding human rights and needs of all people, PERIOD!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:02 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I believe that ANY killing is wrong, especially of innocent families, children, and civilians. I also believe that denying basic human rights to any person or country in inherently wrong.

I Would like to see you documentation that the UN is corrupt. Remember, being corrupt is not just because you happen to disagree with them.
The UN has had scandal after scandal. An organization is only as good as its members.

If you have any intellectual honesty, I will assume you do read on.

A Miasmia of Corruption: The United Nations at 50
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies