Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 05:34 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,731,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Then perhaps you are TOTALLY CLUELESS that the bonus's were contractually agreed to PRIOR TO any issues with AIG. And that if AIG had not paid them as agreed - AIG would have then become obligated for 3 times the bonus amount plus other damages - and that all legal reviews back this up.
And how exactly was AIG going to pay those "retention" bonuses? The money injected into AIG wasn't its own, or earned, but taxpayer's to help the business survive not run an "executive welfare program".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 05:35 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Gd.. just because it was in some stupid contract doesn't make it right
"Some stupid contract"??? Boy, I am certainly glad you are no longer in the real estate business !

And, when the "stupid contracts" were written (you really need to go and study the time line TM - CLEARLY), there was "money".

These were not "stupid contracts" - they were LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACTS - that even the Atty General of the United States said were LEGALLY BINDING.

"some stupid contract" - dishwasher jobs for you TM!

Old 03-25-2009, 05:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,891,310 times
Quote:
What the **** does class envy have to do with a bunch of executive jerk offs who recieved bonuses they didn't deserve for a company they tanked

That's not class envy.. that's freakin common sense.. I didn't complain about it when we didn't know how badly the companies were doing.. but after the horrible job they all did.. they don't deserve to make a freaking DIME..let alone millions
You dont think people deserve to work for more than $1 a year? Please stop your envy for people who work hard and deserve to be paid.

Regardless as to why a company is having hardship, its employees are entitled to a paycheck..

Old 03-25-2009, 05:39 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,891,310 times
Quote:
"Some stupid contract"??? Boy, I am certainly glad you are no longer in the real estate business
Wow, she was in the real estate business and she thinks contracts are "stupid"... ooh brother

Old 03-25-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wow, she was in the real estate business and she thinks contracts are "stupid"... ooh brother
Scary. REALLY Scary.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:44 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,033,313 times
Quote:
What the **** does class envy have to do with a bunch of executive jerk offs who recieved bonuses they didn't deserve for a company they tanked

That's not class envy.. that's freakin common sense.. I didn't complain about it when we didn't know how badly the companies were doing.. but after the horrible job they all did.. they don't deserve to make a freaking DIME..let alone millions
So now everyone at AIG works for free because they are owned by the government. I thought we abolished slavery? I presume you have the same opinion of other government funded agencies as well? No, I don't mean bailed out companies, I mean the same sorry establishments we have been paying for with tax dollars for years...starting with the current crop in Congress....a crop so old and tired it is past rotting in the field and is just a withered remnant of what it should be. Why should they get a pay increase this year....don't we all agree as a body they are doing a pretty crappy job?

The bonus was the only salary for this guy and others, many of whom were not in the authority positions to make policies and decisions that tanked the company. So, now this guy has worked a year for $1, he was promised a bonus and then told he would have to give it back (or the government would steal it back) or be put out to be tarred and feathered by the hysterical masses. It's government led extortion and we all should be ashamed at how our government behaved in this matter, whether you think they should have gotten the bonus or not!!

Old 03-25-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
So now everyone at AIG works for free because they are owned by the government. I thought we abolished slavery? The bonus was the only salary for this guy and others, many of whom were not in the authority positions to make policies and decisions that tanked the company. So, now this guy has worked a year for $1, he was promised a bonus and then told he would have to give it back (or the government would steal it back) or be put out to be tarred and feathered by the hysterical masses. It's government led extortion and we all should be ashamed at how our government behaved in this matter, whether you think they should have gotten the bonus or not!!
So now - the guy who worked a year for $1.00, on good faith of the bonus, now has no money to pay for his home, the kids colleges, his credit cards etc - and now he loses the home, cars etc.

Yep - TM is all for that I'm sure.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:53 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,033,313 times
Quote:
So now - the guy who worked a year for $1.00, on good faith of the bonus, now has no money to pay for his home, the kids colleges, his credit cards etc - and now he loses the home, cars etc.

Of course she is. And then she'll demand government funded health care for his entire family since he doesn't have a job and can't pay for his own insurance anymore.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:12 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,166,155 times
Quote:

Give me a break. This guy is no better than the pimp standing outside the foodmart, paying 10 cents on the dollar for food stamps. There would be no money unless AIG could collect welfare.

Yea yea that's it we'll pay this puke off with food stamps. God knows the clown hasn't done a days work in years.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:16 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,931,403 times
I suspect that the level of support for employment contracts at AIG would never be enjoyed by members of the UAW on this forum. Strange that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies