Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 02:08 PM

541 posts, read 1,224,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Well, you didn't say MARRIAGE in your original statement; you said "relationships". There is a difference. You're spinning your own statement. I guess it's difficult for you to admit that you made a mistake.
So what you're saying is that action on the side constitutes a relationship?

Old 03-27-2009, 02:10 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
You told someone else to "tend to your own harvest". Wouldn't that be good advice for yourself to heed?

You reap what you sow, bro. With a thread titled such as this, you should have fully expected the vitriol you received. I truly hope you find yourself in a better place tomorrow than the place you were the day you started this thread. Good luck.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:12 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Most all heterosexuals will deny homophobia exists and that it is prevalent too. They deny how it colors their view of a gay person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atyourbest View Post
I often wonder if this may be a legitimate feeling that has arisen among many gays and lesbians. I can speak for myself in saying that I have never been too fond of heterosexuals. Regardless of how "tolerant" and "accepting" they claim to be, you're always aware of the fact that you have "other" status in their eyes, and your sexual orientation is what distinguishes you. In this sense, you are invariably a spectacle, an ongoing but never fully understood or acknowledged experiment in humanity.

This is what living in a straight society that relishes male-female relations has done to gays and lesbians. Once the social-sexual categories of straight, gay, and bisexual were defined decades ago, the battle lines were drawn and everyone unconsciously chose sides. Gays must "prove" that we are deserving of equal rights. We must "prove" that we did not make a choice. We must "prove" that our love is the same as our heterosexual counterparts. And in the midst of this, we are contradicted, mocked, scorned, and distorted.

I find myself becoming increasingly agitated, and that is why I have ran out of patience and don't feel the need to try anymore. I simply cannot and will not respect a dissenting opinion on being gay, and I cannot accept the question of "why" I am gay. Maybe, just maybe, the appropriate question is and always has been: Why are you straight?

Old 03-27-2009, 02:21 PM

46 posts, read 18,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You told someone else to "tend to your own harvest". Wouldn't that be good advice for yourself to heed?

You reap what you sow, bro. With a thread titled such as this, you should have fully expected the vitriol you received. I truly hope you find yourself in a better place tomorrow than the place you were the day you started this thread. Good luck.
I am not your "bro," and you can go straight to hell.

Or better yet, bash my teeth. Come on, show me how much of a big, tough straight guy you are.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:23 PM

46 posts, read 18,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Most all heterosexuals will deny homophobia exists and that it is prevalent too. They deny how it colors their view of a gay person.
Yes, but they will never admit it or recognize it.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:26 PM

Many GLBT people have internalized oppression, that is why your friend is in the circumstance.

There are straight people whom are truly care free and progressive minded enough not to give a flip about sexual preference or sexual orientation, however, I think there are still strong cultural and group biases against homosexuality that can and will cast any gay or lesbian in a negative and derogatory light no matter their skills or friendliness.

Remembers gays and lesbians have to put up with these extremely negative biases:

1. It is just wrong/unnatural/strange
2. It is against the teachings of Moses, Jesus, and God.
3. It is perverted
4. It is a type of pedophilia
5. It is a mental illness/emotional problem that can be fixed with conversion therapy.
6. It spreads AIDS
7. It will send you to Hell
8. It decreases the population
9. It is dirty/unclean/amoral/wicked behavior
10. You will look bad or be looked down upon if you associate with one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
An extremely poor assumption at best. One of my closest friends is a lesbian, and this question of tolerance and accepting couldn't be more remote. In fact, my friend hasn't managed to find a good friendship from within GLBT community much less one that she and I have developed.

If you can't reciprocate, it is a problem with you, not with plenty of hetero/homosexual people out there, who couldn't care less about their sexuality but friendship.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:30 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobegone View Post
I am not your "bro," and you can go straight to hell.

Or better yet, bash my teeth. Come on, show me how much of a big, tough straight guy you are.
Last time i'm posting to this thread.

It's clear you have problems man. I made a sincere gesture in my last post and i'll make one more: Move past your hatred. This is the United States, there's room for all of us here. Good Luck to you.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:31 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What public sex spectacles have you personally observed?

If you don't like public sex, then don't watch. You act like there's gay guys having sex right outside your front door every week.
Um, these events are held via parades and gatherings throughout American cities. The one in DFW goes on for A WEEK. What, so the rest of us are supposed to stay out of our cities because the homosexuals want to party in public?

And please don't invoke naivette. You know perfectly well what goes on. I even saw pics of a "pride event" where the vendors on the street were selling sex toys that had a crucifix for a handle. That is HIGHLY offensive and has no place on a public street or sidewalk.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:31 PM

I wonder why that is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobegone View Post
Yes, but they will never admit it or recognize it.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMartel2 View Post
So what you're saying is that action on the side constitutes a relationship?
Are you trying to be a jerk or does it just come naturally to you?

Relationships constitute relationships. "Action on the side" is your silly terminology.

Opposite-sex couples have long-term relationships without getting married too. I'm sure this isn't news to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies