Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 11:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times

Advertisements

Obama is now addressing two Americas? One English-speaking and one Spanish-speaking??? What is he thinking?

President Obama to give bilingual address | Spero News

And this is particularly disturbing:

“This proves the continuing grow and influence of Hispanics in this country and the importance of speaking to them directly.”

Hispanics in this country who are not citizens should not be given a special audience by Barack Obama. And hispanics in this country who are citizens should know how to speak English.

Furthermore, it's an insult to all other immigrants from all over the world. Frankly, this makes me sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 11:42 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,378,901 times
How do you say Tele-Prompter-In-Chief in Spanish?

Old 03-26-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
How do you say Tele-Prompter-In-Chief in Spanish?
Every President has used a teleprompter, when available. Otherwise, they use a written speech that they reference. Rather beside the point of my post.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:51 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Obama is now addressing two Americas? One English-speaking and one Spanish-speaking??? What is he thinking?

“This proves the continuing grow and influence of Hispanics in this country and the importance of speaking to them directly.”

Hispanics in this country who are not citizens should not be given a special audience by Barack Obama. And hispanics in this country who are citizens should know how to speak English.

Furthermore, it's an insult to all other immigrants from all over the world. Frankly, this makes me sick.
While it doesn't make me sick I agree with you and disagree with Obama...if you're a citizen you should be able to understand ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do they pass the citizenship tests if they're not in the language of the country , ENGLISH!

If they LOVE Spanish so much they should move to a Spanish speaking country.

If they're illegal their EMPLOYER should be thrown in jail....the quickest way to end the illegal problem.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:57 PM

I've just had it. Had it with the invasion of illegal immigrants into our nation; with the sense of entitlement people of other nations have with regard to our nation--like the Indians, who are angry that the HB-1 Visa has come under fire, and like the Mexicans, who somehow feel that it is the responsibility of the U.S. to provide jobs, education and health care to their citizens, and who have no respect for our borders or our culture. I'm sick of it. And now we have a President who panders to it. Very disturbing.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:02 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
During the campaign, Obama openly said that all Americans should learn to speak Spanish. It was laughed off and given a pass.

This is should not come as a surprise.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:03 AM

P.S. I realize that Bush pandered to it, as well. But I think it's time for Americans to let their congressmen and women know--in no uncertain terms--that they will not gain reelection if they sell out the American people and their country for the votes of Hispanics. If Hispanics don't want to learn English, and prefer Latino culture to American culture, let them go home. When Americans abroad have behaved in this way--refusing to learn the language, etc.--they've been rightly called "ethnocentric" or downright "rude." But it's perfectly fine for Hispanics to do this? No way.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:05 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

Just as a point of clarification, Aren't you the same moving forward who hates all things conservative and dumps all over my posts?

What happened?

Did Newt Gingrich give you the Vulcan mind meld?

Well, whatever it is I gotta rep ya for a thoughtful post.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:08 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
moving & whome I agree. It's time this vague class of 'sort of citizen' get defined properly. Illegal is just that, illegal. Hispanics who don't mean to speak english need to leave.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:12 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Just as a point of clarification, Aren't you the same moving forward who hates all things conservative and dumps all over my posts?

What happened?

Did Newt Gingrich give you the Vulcan mind meld?

Well, whatever it is I gotta rep ya for a thoughtful post.
No, "Moving" seems to be able to think for himself and doesn't seem to blindly follow the leader like most repubs do...

I don't blindly agree with everything Obama does...and I'm still a liberal Democrat and will stay that way.

Can you, as a repub, understand that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies