Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 02:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,772,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Where are you getting your "below 50,000" number from? Our local paper covered our local protest and even though more than a thousand people showed up, the newspaper (who oppose the protest) report that more than a dozen people showed up even though their photos clearly showed much more than "more than a dozen". A play on words since more than a dozen is factually correct but is meant to downplay the total number of people who attended.
I've heard plenty of estimates and I was being generous with 50,000.

Case in fact..Philadelphia, the 6th largest city in the United States had 200 people show up for their event before it was already over. Out of a population of 1,447,395 that roughly equals .0138%% of their population is "Mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore!"

With numbers like that, I'm not sure how Obama sleeps at night.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:00 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
you didn't answer my question

Old 04-16-2009, 03:04 AM

Quote:
you didn't answer my question

Uh oh. I guess I was being far too generous with the 50,000.

Quote:
A bare minimum of 25,650 people turned out for tea party protests across the country today, according to news estimates, a survey of reports from local authorities
Tea Pary Turnout: A Rundown of Estimates - The Atlantic Politics Channel

LMAO. Epic fail.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
Uh oh. I guess I was being far too generous with the 50,000.

Tea Pary Turnout: A Rundown of Estimates - The Atlantic Politics Channel

LMAO. Epic fail.
So your source is news organizations that oppose the Tea Party protest. If they're as honest as our local paper then multiply those numbers by 10 and it would be more accurate. Our local paper claimed a little more than a dozen people showed up when more than a thousand were actually at the protest. Nice honest bias free reporting.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
So your source is news organizations that oppose the Tea Party protest. If they're as honest as our local paper then multiply those numbers by 10 and it would be more accurate. Our local paper claimed a little more than a dozen people showed up when more than a thousand were actually at the protest. Nice honest bias free reporting.
LMAO. The Atlantic opposes Tea Party protests? The Atlantic isn't a liberal blog, and you might want to READ the link and see where they got the figures from. Hint: THE AUTHORITIES.

Do you think the authorities are all liberal brainwashed minions who oppose the tea party and made up the low figures from thin air?

LOL, you lunatics make me laugh. Everyone is laughing at you. Now run along and go play with your friends....

Old 04-16-2009, 03:16 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,047 times
Quote:
Case in fact..Philadelphia, the 6th largest city in the United States had 200
I lived there. Welfare city. Entitlement from birth to grave. Try again.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:19 AM

Which "authorities"? Here's a direct quote from the article you linked.
A bare minimum of 25,650 people turned out for tea party protests across the country today, according to news estimates, a survey of reports from local newspapers, TV affiliates, and wire services shows.
No where does it list "authorities" as a source for the numbers. Their source for numbers is local newspapers, local TV stations, and wire services; all of whom generally oppose the Tea Party Protest.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
LMAO. The Atlantic opposes Tea Party protests? The Atlantic isn't a liberal blog, and you might want to READ the link and see where they got the figures from. Hint: THE AUTHORITIES.

Do you think the authorities are all liberal brainwashed minions who oppose the tea party and made up the low figures from thin air?

LOL, you lunatics make me laugh. Everyone is laughing at you. Now run along and go play with your friends....
Now I'm laughing at you and your source.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Now I'm laughing at you and your source.
LOL. What a joke.

So what exactly are you trying to say? The organizers of the Tea Baggings under reported their attendance figures to make themselves look pitiful?

Click on the link and scroll down. Add up all the numbers and ta-daaa, you get your attendance figures!!!! But The Atlantic already added it up, so don't hurt your brain with all the hard math.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:24 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,516,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
A piddly little 27,000 people showed up to tea bag each other out of a nation with more then 300 million people. That number is so small as to be insignificant despite the billions of dollars the GOP and Fox spent organizing, promoting, and propping up that astroturf group. Face reality. Right wingers tea bagging each other just didn't catch on; it was a dismal failure.
You must be talking about most of the Democrat policies. Heck, look what has happened to California if you want proof of failed Dem policies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies