Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 07:31 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
"Taxing them to death" Historically speaking Obama's tax rates are the second lowest in the last century. From 1900-1970 the top tax bracket was around 70% with the highest being 92.5% under Eisenhower. Your beloved man god Reagan had a 50% top tax rate from 1980-1986 and a 39.6% top tax rate from 1987 on. Both of those are higher then Obama's top tax rate of 39% which is just three points higher, for those earning $250,000 or more, then Bush Jr's 36% top tax rate.

You really are clueless aren't you? 95% of people in this country have never, I repeat NEVER, paid lower taxes, while the top 5% are still paying almost their lowest tax rate ever. The reality is these are historic low tax rates and Obama literally passed the largest tax cut in US history. Why do you have so much trouble with these basic facts?
Ok smart guy, So who in the hell is going to foot the bill for this bailout? We are $3 trillion in debt, and according to you, Obama's "tax cut" means we are well off. So who is going to pay this?

Old 04-16-2009, 07:31 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Sure they are. Most of those protesters can't even balance their own bank accounts, much less understand the mechanisms of the American economy.

If the government wasn't confiscating our wages, we could balance our bank accounts, we'd have some.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:32 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Who and what was the target? Protesting for "kicks" defeats the purpose. If its a venting session or a glorified Foxnews parade, call it what it is.
An out of control government spending money we do not have and doing it with little or no chance of success....

Of course success in this case would be going back to the same way we were,living on credit.But that is for another thread.

People are POed....and it isn't likely to get better.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:33 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,946 times
Quote:
I said virtually the same thing to my other half tonight. Only I asked: "How is it that it's so easy for these people to be cajoled into protesting against their own interests, on behalf of the rich?" His response: "You need to reread your Gramsci."
Ever wonder why your "other half", guess that is left speak for a guy that won't marry you, stopped boffing you?

Old 04-16-2009, 07:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Obama, has a solid plan to at least try to pay back some of this increase in the federal debt. Bush had none and did not try at all.
That's exactly right -- his plan is to ream the working people of this country, the taxpayers, and that's why taxpayers are protesting.

The government gets it's money from taxpayers. Taxpayers cannot afford the debt he's throwing on.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:34 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Hard to trust a 'news source' that spells 'Party' incorrectly....

Old 04-16-2009, 07:34 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
What of all the other taxes,fees and costs?

Care to tally those up?

I won't even get into the reasoning behind why you think the fedgov. taking 35% of your money is right.....
How long as that been going on and why protest now? We've always had taxes..

Explain how we could pay for the military without taxes...One conservative "claimed" that Obama is cutting the military budget (which he isn't) but doesn't want to pay taxes..

Old 04-16-2009, 07:35 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,946 times
Quote:
Sure they are. Most of those protesters can't even balance their own bank accounts, much less understand the mechanisms of the American economy.
Oh, to be as smart as you! You do realize that you sound like a bag of hot air?

Old 04-16-2009, 07:36 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,083,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i liked most of your post and it was well-written but aren't you even a little concerned that obama was unaware of any protest?
No, I'm never concerned when a president doesn't waste his time paying attention to protest marches. I wasn't concerned when past presidents didn't know about the "Save The Whales" march they held when I was in college or people picketing the local Safeway because they sold dented cans. People who hold protests always think they are "important" and "changing the world." But the reality of protests is, they don't add up to a hill of beans, and by the next day they're forgotten. As I said before, they're an opportunity for people to vent, but that's about all.

Frankly, I'm happy to have a president who's busy paying attention to doing his job. A lot of important things need attention right now, a bunch of unhappy republicans is not one of them.

Obama is also unaware that my neighborhood book club is meeting tonight. (At least, I would assume so.) He's probably unaware that you just wrote an anti-Obama post in city-data. Does he know that someone in an office building in Peoria just griped about taxes? I doubt it. And guess what, I'm not the slightest bit concerned that Obama doesn't know about these things because they don't affect his ability to do his job.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:36 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
An out of control government spending money we do not have and doing it with little or no chance of success....

Of course success in this case would be going back to the same way we were,living on credit.But that is for another thread.

People are POed....and it isn't likely to get better.
Again, was Bush not spending out of control with NO eye to the future?.No protest..Nobody was POed then..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies