Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2009, 07:13 PM
fre

109 posts, read 76,688 times

Advertisements

At the Tea-Baggers' Meeting: Brainwashing Devices Are Coming - Political Machine - Politics Blog, Opinion and Analysis - AOL News

Apparently they're protesting a 50 yr Communist plot for Obama to brainwash America through through the schools and the new digital tv signal. Gives ya a chill when they shout "Burn the books!"
So these are the teabaggers.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:18 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Strange, I haven't heard of any Democrats in support of the tea parties...the exact opposite is true of the Republicans. We even have GOP Sen. David Vitter proposing to make a law honoring April 15 as National Tea Party Day. Then there are such "non partisan" figures as Michelle Malkin, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh all supporting and actively promoting the tea parties.

No matter how the organizers attempt to frame it, these are obviously partisan events, a way for an irrelevant party to make noise and attack Obama.....

How about independents? I think this message will be appealing to them. I think the bail outs and the staggering deficit should be a concern to everyone.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:45 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
How about independents? I think this message will be appealing to them. I think the bail outs and the staggering deficit should be a concern to everyone.

The tea parties are partisan events and the tea baggers are almost exclusively right wing...As way of proof, take a look :

How much clearer can it get?

Firedoglake » What Part of “FNC TAX DAY TEA PARTIES” Don’t You Understand?

Old 04-11-2009, 08:40 PM

500 posts, read 702,922 times
Wow the party of "tolerance" isn't so tolerant when it comes to opposing views.
LOL @ Kweef Olbermann's twin sister whining.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:48 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times
I don't give a damn if it turns out partisan.

Even Democrats should realize that overspending is wrong. Get mad about folks standing up against Democratic insanity if you want to. But, don't put down people who have had enough of the BS.

Sorry to tell ya, but not everyone wants to suck Obama's dick.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:03 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
^ really? where were you when Bush & Co took us from a surplus to the largest deficit ever when he left office? I suppose you don't mind blowing $10 billion a month for six years and a bold faced lie of a War in IRAQ. You conservatives are the biggest bunch of hypocrits ever! and you call yourself Americans, HA!

Old 04-11-2009, 09:11 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ really? where were you when Bush & Co took us from a surplus to the largest deficit ever when he left office? I suppose you don't mind blowing $10 billion a month for six years and a bold faced lie of a War in IRAQ. You conservatives are the biggest bunch of hypocrits ever! and you call yourself Americans, HA!
Obama has commited over a trillion dollars a year to illegal aliens and a war in Afghanistan. Yes, a WAR.

A Democrat endorsed WAR. By the way, your Democratically led Congress endorsed the war in Iraq.

On another note: You don't even care about deaths in foreign lands. You just want to spew hatred for folks who are not as left as you.

Don't forget to wear a helmet when you ride your bike.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:51 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Thet really had to dig to come up with her ;I'd think they could do alot better.At least get someone whose show isn't mistaken like comedy central.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:14 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Are you saying that unqualified people should hold jobs? Basically be hired because they are Vietnamese? Or grew up along the Amazon?

Diversity? Hang it up pal. This is America, and we are Americans, not anything else. Not European. Not communists. Not Japanese.

Progressivism is nothing more than a philosophy. It exists in your mind. It doesn't work on the ground. Don't wish for terrorists to burn conservative's churches. Don't teach your kid to be a *****. He might die from a homosexual related disease. Don't allow folks like Hillary Clinton to run your country. She runs around the globe blaming the United States for everybodie's unease. Isn't there somebody out there that can fix it? I think so.

Democrats love each other to the extent that it is disgusting. Get some balls and learn how to live again. Not how to take.
The only "true" Americans are the native-Americans. I suspect that you are either European-American, Mexican-American, Asian-American, African-American. The white Americans are mostly European-Americans. A white European-American is no more American than an African-American or an Asian-American or any one else who was either naturalized as a citizen or born in this country.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:20 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,519,538 times
The local tea baggers refused to let any Libertarian speakers take the podium at their event.. if they are truly non-partisan watch dog group against governmental spending excesses, this would not have happened. They need to not be so covert/deceptive and just call themselves Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies