Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 03:09 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Personally, I like paved roads, public parks, and police protection. But to the anti-tax maniacs, 1 cent would be too much. They want all the benefits of taxes, but they're selfish and don't want to pay their share.
I live paved roads, public parks, and police, fire and military protection. I don't like my money being used to bailout people that made poor decisions with their finances, to fund studies about volcanoes, mice and swine odor, and keep dying industries in business.

I want the barest minimum necessary for society to function, and expect the free market to take care of the rest. Nope, I'm not selfish. And I don't mind paying my share, I just don't want to pay everyone else's too.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
huh? His tax cut is for families earning $250k or less... Why don't you think he was talking about middle class folks?
what imaginary tax cut are you speaking of?

Old 04-16-2009, 03:10 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times
sorry. the rich will continue to get the top notch treatment. all socializing medicine will do is ensure that the almost rich have to wait in line behind poor illegal aliens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You'll be able to get treatment rather than dying without it.

France provides their HIV patients with the top line drug cocktails.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:12 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
sorry. the rich will continue to get the top notch treatment. all socializing medicine will do is ensure that the almost rich have to wait in line behind poor illegal aliens.
It will ensure that people don't get sick or die from lack of health care.

Have you ever been to France? No one is waiting in line.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:17 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times
people don't get sick or die from lack of health care now. if someone is sick, they can go to the doctor on the tax payers dime. they can't be denied care. I don't have health insurance right now. I had to pay $132 out of pocket for my doctors appointment on tuesday. I'm not whining about it. france also only has like 60,000,000 people living there. hell, we probably have 20,000,000 illegals living here. france is also the butt of lots of jokes in this country. people protesting a 40 hour work week? the country is kind of a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
It will ensure that people don't get sick or die from lack of health care.

Have you ever been to France? No one is waiting in line.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:23 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
So explain how we would pay for our troops and the military Sherlock.

Pretty much the same way we do now, I would assume. Check, direct deposit, money transfer. What does how the gubmint disperses funds have to do with how they collect it?

Old 04-16-2009, 03:25 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
She'll probably be in court with her husband who ... wait for it, wait for it...PLEADED GUILTY YESTERDAY FOR TAX VIOLATIONS AND BANK FRAUD.

USATODAY.com - Congresswoman's husband pleads guilty to two felonies
How despicable and shameful for the family of a Congresswoman. Is she involved in any way?

Old 04-16-2009, 03:27 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
people don't get sick or die from lack of health care now. if someone is sick, they can go to the doctor on the tax payers dime. they can't be denied care. I don't have health insurance right now. I had to pay $132 out of pocket for my doctors appointment on tuesday. I'm not whining about it. france also only has like 60,000,000 people living there. hell, we probably have 20,000,000 illegals living here. france is also the butt of lots of jokes in this country. people protesting a 40 hour work week? the country is kind of a joke.

Did we get this far off topic because the left doesn't want to admit to the real attendance numbers? Probably.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:28 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The government is out of touch with those of us that pay the bills. The Obama free loaders would naturally be for him.
This what happens to robots who get all their info and instructions from talk radio.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Recall how all the Obama rallies, before and after his nomination, were driven by recruiters for the candidate including ACORN, MoveOn.org, and other George Soros-funded groups. And they were lauded as "true Americana", "grassroots activism", etc. by the press, with media "journalists" creaming over having "a tingling feeling running up my leg" etc. etc.

Now, when people get together with practically no funding or recruiting, other than telling each other over the Internet what they want to do and when, suddenly the Democrats can't handle it. Their reaction, predictably, is to smear the people taking part, tell lies about them, and call them names. And these things are put forth by the media without any questioning or attempts to establish any facts.

Boy, am I glad we live with an unbiased press. whose only interest is finding out and publishing the truth.

---------------------------------------------------

Illinois Review: Schakowsky Calls Parties "Despicable' and "Shameful"

Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Schakowsky Calls Parties "Despicable' and "Shameful"

CHICAGO, IL (April 15, 2009) – Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-IL, released the following statement in response to “tea parties” being held on Tax Day.

“The ‘tea parties’ being held today by groups of right-wing activists, and fueled by FOX News Channel, are an effort to mislead the public about the Obama economic plan that cuts taxes for 95 percent of Americans and creates 3.5 million jobs. It’s despicable that right-wing Republicans would attempt to cheapen a significant, honorable moment of American history with a shameful political stunt. Not a single American household or business will be taxed at a higher rate this year. Made to look like a grassroots uprising, this is an Obama bashing party promoted by corporate interests, as well as Republican lobbyists and politicians.”

You can reach the Congresswoman HERE ( View from the Hill Online - Representative Jan Schakowsky, 9th District, Illinois (http://www.house.gov/schakowsky/contact.shtml - broken link) ).
This looks pretty "despicable" and "shameful" to me:

10 Most Offensive Tea Party Signs (PHOTOS)

Of course, one has become somewhat accustomed to these morons from seeing them at Sarah Palin's rallies.

The primary effect of the "tea parties" is to broadcast to the world the absolute and stunning stupidity of the Republican rank-and-file.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies