Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 09:02 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,848,234 times

Advertisements

Well done friend. I hope I am standing with you at the next tea party.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:37 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,699,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLIGuy View Post
Count me in. It's about time the silent majority has awakened.
0.2% of the population is hardly a majority, silent or not...

Old 04-21-2009, 04:41 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,503,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I proudly attended a Tea Party on April 15th. My wife, two children of mine and two grandchildren also attended. We hope to attend more...

They are celebrations of Free Speech.

However, they sure have Obama-Lovers upset for some reason.

They are most certainly NOT celebrations of free speech. What party has been consistently against more governmental interference/spending even once elected. Certainly not the Republicans. These folks refuse to let any non Republcan speak. If they were truly for smaller government and non-partisan, why would it matter?

Old 04-21-2009, 07:28 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,836,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The United States of America is not a Democracy! We are a Republic!

LOL!

I'd imagine you'll get 1% of the vote when Americans figure out just what you mean by that foolish B.S.
You are quite ignorant of what the USA actually is...

Old 04-21-2009, 07:33 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,952,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
You are quite ignorant of what the USA actually is...
It's a democracy when your super bowl hometown team has the majority.

If it's a democracy, why do electoral colleges vote in our president as opposed to the people? Why aren't gun laws voted on by the people? How about gay rights on a federal level? Abortion?

Democracy is mob rule. The left is just delusional that it can be an "orderly mob rule".

Old 04-21-2009, 08:32 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,596,467 times
This was my fave tea party sign:

Old 05-13-2009, 09:19 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,891,958 times
Default And yet they still get it wrong....

BTW, this country (America) is NOT a democracy. Look it up; we're not ruled by simple majority votes. This country is a Republic, ruled by laws. You know, like that silly Constitution thingy, not by the torch-and-pitchfork crowd.

An Important Distinction: Democracy versus Republic

If it resorts to that, there WILL be bloodshed in the streets. Predictably.

(and to think... an ex-Canuck, me, had to tell them this! Amazing!)

Last edited by rifleman; 05-13-2009 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: typoz

Old 05-13-2009, 09:33 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,201,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
BTW, this country (America) is NOT a democracy. Look it up; we're not ruled by simple majority votes. This country is a Republic, ruled by laws. You know, like that silly Constitution thingy, not by the torch-and-pitchfork crowd.

So you think we are a nation of laws right? Good then I would imagine that you wouldn't object if we hold hearings against the previous administrations torture program!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:36 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,325,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
So you think we are a nation of laws right? Good then I would imagine that you wouldn't object if we hold hearings against the previous administrations torture program!
Hearings are fine. Show trials aren't.

If they want to charge them, charge them, let them have their day in court. But so far it has been about embarrassing the Bush administration, not about solving anything, or finding facts. That is what I am against.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:50 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,400,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

I don't recall anyone saying the US was a democracy. As a former Canadian, you are probably not aware that under the First Amendment of "that silly Constitution thingy" the people have the right to peaceably assemble, and "to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

That is another difference between conservatives and liberals, when conservatives protest they don't destroy property or harm people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.