Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 06:11 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,146,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Which is the largest contributor to defecits by far, I guess your the posterchild example of why teabaggers are a laughing stock. Try to twist the facts know matter how obvious they are. You don't care about the defecits or the tax code you only care that its a dem spending. You are the perfect example of the reason teabaggers aren't taken seriously.

I dont like goverment spending at all, and I dont care if it is democrats or republicans doing the spending.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:13 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,884,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I dont like goverment spending at all, and I dont care if it is democrats or republicans doing the spending.
Liberals just dont get that part. I'd want NO federal government spending if I could have it.. Obviously thats not possible but I'll take as little as possible PLEASE..

Old 04-15-2009, 06:13 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,250,588 times
Quote:
So where were the tea parties after the first TARP?

Oh right. That was before we had a black man in the White House.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

So you think its about race and not about the massive spending and massive increase of government you've just discredited your postings by failure to stay focused on the topic..

p.s. you'll find the same people protesting against this were probably the ones protesting TARP under Bush.. ITS WRONG PERIOD...

Old 04-15-2009, 06:15 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,827,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Which again goes to show that neither you, nor the White House has a darn clue, (or you do and dont care) what the tea parties are about. It has nothing to do with wanting tax cuts, it all about responsible governmental spending. Even the CBO proclaimed we havent had that since 2005.

So when the economy is stabalized, then we're allowed to protest, until then we should all keep our big fat Republican mouths shut and just Obama and the Democratic Congress spend like we have an endless pocketbook. Lets not even discuss how to pay back the debts, or about how the CBO projects that Obama will cause negative growth in the GDP due to his budgets and spending. Lets not even bring up that the chief White House financial budgeter (dont recall his name) has proclaimed that if Obamas figures are wrong, and the CBO's budgets are correct, that we will not be able to substain the debt. (lets not even discuss the fact that both of them are only 5% apart).

Right, lets just wait, not protects, and "shut up"..

After all, we'll all be dead before our kids need to be taxed out of existance to pay for the inresponsible spending by the government.
Lol... stop with the talking points and listen to how over the top you're being. If you really think that your scenario is going to happen then put the blame where it belongs conservatism. We were a fiscally responsible country until Reagan was elected.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:16 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,146,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

I throw tea every chance I get on april 15 or somewhere around there if I am working. the point is, is that I throw tea in the Mississippi no matter if it is a democrat, or a republican in office.

please stop using the race card as well, we already know you are losing the battle in the thread, no need to throw something out that you truly dont believe in the 1st place.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Lol... stop with the talking points and listen to how over the top you're being. If you really think that your scenario is going to happen then put the blame where it belongs conservatism. We were a fiscally responsible country until Reagan was elected.
So now Obamas spending is due to Reagan? Wow, you guys are really stretching..

Old 04-15-2009, 06:19 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,827,975 times
Quote:
Then you should be outraged by people like pghquest that are ruining your movement. You should also be outraged by all those that show up and attack Obama instead of the issue. When the GOP politicians that played a large part in the lack of fiscal responosibility at the teaparties it makes the whole movement look bad.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:20 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,250,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you think its about race and not about the massive spending and massive increase of government you've just discredited your postings by failure to stay focused on the topic..

p.s. you'll find the same people protesting against this were probably the ones protesting TARP under Bush.. ITS WRONG PERIOD...
Again: Where were the tea parties after the first TARP.

Of course it's about race. The vast majority of people at these stupid "tea parties" are ignorant, gun-toting, home-schooling, racist nitwits. They don't even remotely understand the economics of government spending. All of which makes them perfect targets, of course, for manipulation by the fear-baiting, rabble-rousing right-wing media and corporate interests, both of which have engineered the whole tea party nonsense.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:20 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,288,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
If this were a pro-liberal-cause event, it would be hailed as a "huge" turnout. Since it's not, it's laughable.

The hypocrisy is dripping.
Pure speculation, my friend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies