Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hatred towards homosexuals is because
It is ingrained into the culture of the USA to hate homosexuals 4 5.63%
It is ingrained in Christian, and other religions to hate homosexuals 17 23.94%
It is a perfect combination of both in which both intensify the hatred 29 40.85%
It is an innate human reaction 21 29.58%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
The simple math... debating what they want on earth...

They don't get to choose because someone else wants to choose for them.

The problem is a boundary dispute that religion has seen fit to assert itself in secular law which is the arm of man, not the hand of god. Religious are obliged to honor free will in all beings because once that line gets crossed, the religion itself gets used for nefarious purpose to manipulate the masses. The relationship between they and their maker is abused. Religion as government is the taliban.

I did not reject religion. I reject organizations who abuse religion. This includes the catholic church I was raised. I believe Quakers are the closest thing to walking their talk Christians out there. Other side of the spectrum; I'm not here to badmouth anyone's religion, but if you're too busy chasing after the beam in others eyes, you'll never deal with your own. That is, and always was, your lifelong work.
I don't claim to know it all, and I don't presume you to think you know it all either. I'll take my 50/50 chance on knowing where i'm headed versus the 100% option anyday. I suppose we'll all find out in the end won't we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 08:49 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Absolutely aerodc, but I want no part in taking away anyone's free will. I don't want to vote about who gets rights, that's a non vote in america. Everyone gets rights, endowed by their creator. They pay their own bills in life just as we all do when everyones rights are respected. I have to trust their creator speaks to their heart, or will someday.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 PM

97 posts, read 124,048 times
i dont think all people hate gays. i dont agree with the choice personally. but for the same reason that i dont really want to hear about hetro sex in vivid detail , you know there are some homily folks out there, i dont want to hear about gay sex in vivid detail either. and besides, science has shown that for a spiece to continue you have to be able to pro-create.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:27 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
spider mother nature or hand of god, I have no idea why homosexuals exist, I only know they do. Either way the plan plays out, it seems there's a mechanism of population control built into homosexuality by default. Homosexuals are born of hetero unions 100% of the time.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 AM

13 posts, read 25,733 times
If homosexuals do NOT Repent and change there ways, They will Not go to Heaven.
There are NO! Gay Christians.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:00 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel x View Post
If homosexuals do NOT Repent and change there ways, They will Not go to Heaven.
There are NO! Gay Christians.
I'm not going to argue only because I don't think there are ANY christians. It's just a label and means nothing and there is no heaven. Repent and Amen away....you will end up where everyone else does in the end.

Last edited by Ceece; 06-05-2009 at 11:08 AM..

Old 06-05-2009, 10:11 AM

13 posts, read 25,733 times
If your child steals something and it gets back to you, Will YOU Hate your child or just hate the wrong that he did?.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:26 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Without being taught by mom, dad, or other people would it be a natural innate reaction to hate a gay person??
That is a ridiculous statement. In general people don't teach their children to hate gay people. Even people (myself) with Christian beliefs that homosexuality is a sin don't hate homosexuals. The Bible's teaching about sin are clear but they are also clear about love.

1 John 4:8–9 (NIV)
8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

It all boils down to the old saying, hate the sin love the sinner. This does not solely apply to homosexuality but all sin including the ones we all commit.

A true act of love is treating someone with respect and kindness even though he/she knows you do not approve of his lifestyle and/or choices. It is not loving to allow a person to remain stuck in sin. It is not hateful to tell a person he/she is in sin. In fact, the exact opposites are true. We love the sinner by speaking the truth in love. We hate the sin by refusing to condone, ignore, or excuse it.

Anyone that claims to be a Christian and goes around hating people because of their sin is definitely not following Christ's teaching.

Romans 3:23 (NIV)
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Old 06-05-2009, 10:29 AM

297 posts, read 349,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If you insist:

Jesus didn't preach hate, therefore Christians do not hate the homosexual. Christians hate the sin, not the sinner.
In theory, perhaps. Have you read some of the posts by devout "christians" in these threads lately?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:32 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Absolutely true.

They refuse to understand that if you believe a behavior is wrong that you will inevitably condemn and judge the person. That's common sense. The Bible says no homosexual will enter heaven, obviously anybody who was trained or brainwashed with Christianity is going to judge, shun, and condemn anybody that doesn't agree with God.
No sinner will enter heaven. Since everyone is born with sin and indeed does sin. what is the answer?

Like Jesus said he is the only way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies