Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hatred towards homosexuals is because
It is ingrained into the culture of the USA to hate homosexuals 4 5.63%
It is ingrained in Christian, and other religions to hate homosexuals 17 23.94%
It is a perfect combination of both in which both intensify the hatred 29 40.85%
It is an innate human reaction 21 29.58%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 04:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

Hence the reason why I said there are a lot of fools in our society. duh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobegone View Post
So you admit that you have prejudice against gays, but you will vote for their equal rights under the law? I think you just about summed up how the majority of pro-gay straight people really feel. They secretly hold fear and loathing and prejudice toward gays, but they vote in favor of gays because it's "the right thing to do."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 04:38 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It's a religious institution, that's all.

Of course people have the right to defend it, but does defending it have to include disallowing those same rights to other people just because of how they're wired and whom they choose to spend their lives with?

I totally agree that gays should have the same marriage rights as anyone else. Any gay should be allowed to marry the person they choose provided that person is of the opposite sex.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:38 PM

46 posts, read 18,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Actually I'm for you not being gay, but that's your choice. I spent a long time in the restaurant business and was a waiter for about twenty years. I've worked with a gay or two. Generally speaking, gays are better workers and definitely team players. I'd rather work with a gay guy than a heterosexual guy in most cases. I've also found them to be more honest, again, in most cases. Furthermore, since you have identified yourself as being gay, you already know that gays tip better than heterosexuals by far, and they're more polite than the hetero folks who keep saying gimme at the start of every sentence. I'd rather wait on gays than straits. Having said that, the gay sex thing is simply unnatural, and in my opinion, disgusting. Some people like raw oysters. Doesn't mean I hate people who eat raw oysters. I just don't want my favorite hang to become a raw bar. And marriage is for heterosexual unions only.
I won't even bother getting the shovel. It's going to take me far too long to get through this much bulls*it.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:40 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
They secretly hold fear and loathing and prejudice toward gays, but they vote in favor of gays because it's "the right thing to do."
So you're insisting you know us more than we know ourselves? Don't expect any credibility posting garbage like that.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:41 PM

Absolutely. Apparently the poster doesn't know how catty gay men can get lol

Quote:
I won't even bother getting the shovel. It's going to take me far too long to get through this much bulls*it.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:42 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
So you admit that you have prejudice against gays, but you will vote for their equal rights under the law? I think you just about summed up how the majority of pro-gay straight people really feel. They secretly hold fear and loathing and prejudice toward gays, but they vote in favor of gays because it's "the right thing to do."
Nope; I will admit to being influenced by cultural conditioning and growing up in a very insular community and being able to openly admit to that rather than doing the old song and dance about how much I loved the Fab5 and have scores of gay friends?

Cultural conditioning is a strong, strong thing and anyone who won't admit that has no chance of rising above it.

I don't know what most pro-gay straight people secretly believe, but wouldn't you rather that they voted in favor of gay people having basic civil rights rather than against it?

Old 03-27-2009, 04:43 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Like I said it is not about marriage.

It is about the teachings that are taught to the children that gay and being gay is wrong, hateful , horrible, disgusting, effeminate, evil, pitiful, etc. That is where the wrongness begins.

I personally don't care if you got a little sugar in your tank. Just leave marriage alone. You can't alter it to fit your needs without changing it for everyone else.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:44 PM

I don't give a crust about marriage. It is complete BS for the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I personally don't care if you got a little sugar in your tank. Just leave marriage alone. You can't alter it to fit your needs without changing it for everyone else.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:48 PM

74 posts, read 129,279 times
Not all Christians hate homosexuals. I am Christian, not as strong as others maybe, but I personally have absolutely nothing wrong with any person who is gay. It may be as strange and not understandable to them how others are attracted to the opposite sex as it is for others to see how they can be attracted to the same sex. Some people choose to eat meat some choose to not. Some like red apples some like green. Some people can accept others differences others can't. That is how I think about it all!

Old 03-27-2009, 04:52 PM

You are a very rare person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMegan View Post
Not all Christians hate homosexuals. I am Christian, not as strong as others maybe, but I personally have absolutely nothing wrong with any person who is gay. It may be as strange and not understandable to them how others are attracted to the opposite sex as it is for others to see how they can be attracted to the same sex. Some people choose to eat meat some choose to not. Some like red apples some like green. Some people can accept others differences others can't. That is how I think about it all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies