Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 07:50 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

We're going to need lots of sand for all these solar panels...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 08:05 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
He's leaving a few there for training. Iraq troops will be on the front lines. The only promise that i see he broke was the 3 additional months that they will remain.
50,000 non-combatant troops. That is a few?

Old 03-27-2009, 08:08 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
50,000 non-combatant troops. That is a few?

do you have any idea how many have been there for the last 4 years? So he's suppose to pull them all out at the same time? Believe me I would love for that to happen, but for some reason Bush couldn't and wouldn't do it either.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:10 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Quote:
do you have any idea how many have been there for the last 4 years? So he's suppose to pull them all out at the same time? Believe me I would love for that to happen, but for some reason Bush couldn't and wouldn't do it either.
Let me see, what need is there for 50,000 non-combatant troops? Come on you can do better than that.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:15 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Lot's of open sandy areas for missile silos.... Good position for missile defense.... Knocking on Iran's door for the next invasion.... Well NK might be next, but after that.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:16 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,556 times
Quote:
Let me see, what need is there for 50,000 non-combatant troops? Come on you can do better than that.

Why should I? I said i prefer they all come home, but for some reason they can't. McCain as well as other Democrats and Republicans stated the same thing during the campaigns, sounds like their saying something completely different now that Obama is President.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:02 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
He's leaving a few there for training. Iraq troops will be on the front lines. The only promise that i see he broke was the 3 additional months that they will remain.
A few?????

I believe it is something like 50,000.....that is a more than a few.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:03 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
135,000 at present...so Obama is leaving a full third of the troops there...

Old 03-27-2009, 11:43 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
You listened to the actual statements scattered occassionally in the retoric. Most people didn't. He said we need to concentrate on Afghanastan and as time went on hedged on the idea of just pulling troops out of Iraq. But by then most people were too wrapped up in hero worshipt and catchy slogans.

It was written on the wall that he would not suddenly pull everyone out of Iraq because as much as I decry the war itself, and the lie that got us in there we can't just dissapear. They do want us gone and we must go, but doing it in stages is the only reasonable way to do it. Obama was full of nice slogans and words but basically he's a pragmatist, and he understands the underlying. I'm not sure Bush did.

I agree with the other poster that Afghanastan my be his and OUR undoing. Others throughout history have tried. The Russians tried. And look what happened to them. This land of high mountains and rough terrain is much more like the sinkhole that Viet Nam became than Iraq.

Right now between an economy which is spiraling and wars that are dragging we seem to live under government by guess, since we are in territory where nobody really knows anymore.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:54 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Once again Cindy tells the truth about our politicians.

YouTube - Obama Gets OWNED by CINDY SHEEHAN

I guess Obama joins the rank of warmongers and only 67 days into his first term. That has to be a record!
I think she has been watching like everyone else and is not being quiet about her feelings. At first, seeing the thread, I thought it was odd that she would be getting political when she basically coallesed the anti-war movement and then dropped out when it became politicized with other agendas. But hearing her words *as edited* (and keeping that in mind) I will say that she is addressing one issue which she has always talked about. If she is supporting Ron Paul fine, she was not "branching out" to other issues.

I think this is very notable in that many of those who oppose the war(s) and do not wish to see more have been watching as closely as others have been to the economy. And so far they do NOT like what they see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies