Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:33 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times

Advertisements

Quite interesting,supposedly the man behind these videos was asked to come to the Whitehouse.

YouTube - We The People Stimulus Package

YouTube - The Second American Revolution
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 08:50 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
That guy's a total moron. He's got no clue.

That he's using the name of a multiple-immigrant to spout his jingoistic stupidity is just the beginning.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:53 AM

That is your opinion....

Of course I disagree and find from reading your rantings and ravings you might more easily be mistaken as one.

In MY opinion of course.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:09 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Was this gasbag silent over the past 8 years when Democracy was REALLY in peril?

Thats the best way to expose a fraud. And so many gasbags like this moron were SILENT while the neocons trashed the Constitution and imperiled the existence of our fragile democracy.

I liked hearing him sputter "Start no War unless you intend to win it", yet not a word about starting an illegal and unprovoked war of aggression on a defenseless Iraq.

What a clown.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:13 AM

LOL.....you mean when Obama was voting to renew the PATRIOT Act?
Or when Obama was voting to bailout businesses?
Could you explain how anything has changed to make things better?

So many here who CANNOT get beyond the Either/Or mentality...

To add...I believe the point about the war WAS pointed towards Iraq/Afghanistan....knee jerk reactions often result in foolish statements like yours.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:18 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Was this gasbag silent over the past 8 years when Democracy was REALLY in peril?

Thats the best way to expose a fraud. And so many gasbags like this moron were SILENT while the neocons trashed the Constitution and imperiled the existence of our fragile democracy.
The Republicans are in desperate denial. Rather than stepping up to the plate and owning the last 8 years, they attempt to shovel it onto the plate of the Democrats. Every time they open their mouths, they prove themselves to be lacking in integrity and dignity. Ever since Reagan took office, the Republican ranks have slowly filled with extreme right-wing religious freaks, apocalyptic nutcases, and other various miscreants and misfits--not to mention the vanguard of their leaders, corrupted by greed and the lust for power. That's why a sociopath like Sarah Palin could "rally the base," because--as she and other Republican leaders well knew--that base is just primed to hate. Problem is, it didn't work. And they are stunned. Positively stunned. They still can't get over that they lost. And as the world falls apart--largely as a result of their greed, blindness, and willful obeisance to a corrupt and frankly stupid leader--they are paddling like crazy to disown any part of it. And their "base" is turning out to be their Frankenstein's monster. They created it, and now they can't control it. No wonder all the true conservatives decamped from this nightmare of a party. They must be stunned, as well--for very different reasons.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

To add...I believe the point about the war WAS pointed towards Iraq/Afghanistan....knee jerk reactions often result in foolish statements like yours.
Of course it was directed towards the illegal war in Iraq, and perhaps Afghanistan. After he got done hiding behind the sacrifices of the military he stated "Start no War unless you intend to win it" when he didnt say a word about starting illegal wars based on carefully calculated campaigns of disinformation and fearmongering. You didnt recognize it then, you dont recognize it now.

Not surprising.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
The Republicans are in desperate denial. Rather than stepping up to the plate and owning the last 8 years, they attempt to shovel it onto the plate of the Democrats. Every time they open their mouths, they prove themselves to be lacking in integrity and dignity. Ever since Reagan took office, the Republican ranks have slowly filled with extreme right-wing religious freaks, apocalyptic nutcases, and other various miscreants and misfits--not to mention the vanguard of their leaders, corrupted by greed and the lust for power. That's why a sociopath like Sarah Palin could "rally the base," because--as she and other Republican leaders well knew--that base is just primed to hate. Problem is, it didn't work. And they are stunned. Positively stunned. They still can't get over that they lost. And as the world falls apart--largely as a result of their greed, blindness, and willful obeisance to a corrupt and frankly stupid leader--they are paddling like crazy to disown any part of it. And their "base" is turning out to be their Frankenstein's monster. They created it, and now they can't control it. No wonder all the true conservatives decamped from this nightmare of a party. They must be stunned, as well--for very different reasons.
I hear Republicans today and I'm reminded of reading about people selling various tonics and potions in the 19th century. The name given these various products was "snake oil", and those pitching them were "snake oil salesmen"

Thats what today's GOP is full of, snake oil salesmen.

Yes, they have created a monster indeed, and it is consuming itself.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:06 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
LOL.....you mean when Obama was voting to renew the PATRIOT Act?
Or when Obama was voting to bailout businesses?
Could you explain how anything has changed to make things better?

So many here who CANNOT get beyond the Either/Or mentality...

I actually thought that the video was right on the money. But I voted Libertarian so what do I know.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:36 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I hear Republicans today and I'm reminded of reading about people selling various tonics and potions in the 19th century. The name given these various products was "snake oil", and those pitching them were "snake oil salesmen"

Thats what today's GOP is full of, snake oil salesmen.

Yes, they have created a monster indeed, and it is consuming itself.
The only one selling anything is Obama and it is not snake oil, it is kool aid. Drink up Odanny, you seem to be on a continious IV drip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies