Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 02:59 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,630,563 times

Advertisements

Why are you guys giving this loser your time? He's a fake and a troll.

Move on to a thread with substance. Because this one is void of any from these two posters....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 03:00 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post

Move on to a thread with substance. Because this one is void of any from these two posters....

Old 03-28-2009, 03:02 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You merely exposed your ignorance of the constitution.
My mention of war and welfare were not to suggest they were the domain of the Supreme Court. As I wrote... I was merely trying to define the limits of your "common good". But, nice way to deflect the argument in another direction with a personal attack. How quaint to change the subject.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:04 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
But the OP (and yourself) only want affirmations.
Wrong. As usual.

The main reason I posted this because I wanted to see what kind of reactions it would get.

If I wanted "affirmation" for being gay, I sure wouldn't look for it here!

Old 03-28-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
In fact, what you wrote borders on abuse because, like a lot of spouse abusers, they blame their victim for what they do. You blame gays for being too ______ which forces you to vent your rage towards them.
Absolutely true. It's classic. It's basically a "sit down and shut up" attitude. It's a passive-aggressive technique that people use all the time in order to be abusive without being overt about it.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:

You're an interesting character. If I'm a "fake and a troll", then why did you send me a private message this morning asking if I'd like you to pray for me?

(It's true, folks.)

Old 03-28-2009, 05:29 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Rep. Barney Frank may have gone too far in calling the Supreme Court justice a 'homophobe,' but the jurist's opinions on homosexuals should raise some concerns.

March 28, 2009

Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) has been widely criticized for referring in a recent interview to "that homophobe Antonin Scalia," an injudicious exercise in name-calling that obscures Frank's larger and more valid point: that the opinions of the tart-tongued Supreme Court justice leave little doubt of his utter lack of sympathy for gays and lesbians.

"Homophobia" used to mean "fear of homosexuality," but it's now used to describe any overt hostility toward gays. Scalia's defenders argue that he has never actually denounced homosexuality or expressed such hostility. In fact, in his dissent in a 1996 decision striking down an anti-gay referendum in Colorado, Scalia wrote: "Let me be clear that I have nothing against homosexuals, or any other group, promoting their agenda through normal democratic means." Scalia says he objects to pro-gay-rights decisions for the reasons he rejects Roe vs. Wade: His colleagues are legislating from the bench.

But Frank thinks there is more to Scalia's attitude than pure constitutional scruples. The language of the justice's opinions, he said, "makes it very clear that he's angry, frankly, about the existence of gay people."

More: Does Antonin Scalia hate gays? - Los Angeles Times

Yes. He certainly is a homophobe and rabid Catholic who has spoken at Catholic conferences about the evils of pro-choice and homosexuality.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:41 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,630,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You're an interesting character. If I'm a "fake and a troll", then why did you send me a private message this morning asking if I'd like you to pray for me?

(It's true, folks.)
Yes, it's definitely true folks....with regard to his most recent other whole thread about how he feels so inadequate in life with being surrounded by heteros...I actually was thinking about it and felt a twinge of sorrow, sadness for this dude.

I PM'd him, after I had posted some not so nice comments...I felt I was being too lofty-and here's my exact post in fact with his response. I am not ashamed of it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves
honestly I feel for you. you seem lost and sad, probably even depressed.

are you in therapy? I highly advise it....as a nurse, it seems like you are a perfect example of one in need of it.

It can be a good thing.

I didn't mean to be harsh on you...and I am sorry for what I said if it was hurtful.

I'm not a prayer freak or anything but would you like me to pray for you?

Huh? Are you referring to the comment I made in response to your comment about gays getting an island for themselves? I was just sparring with you. It didn't hurt my feelings. I just thought your comment sounded like something from someone with very outdated thinking about gays.

Mark

After I sent him this, and got his response...minutes later, I then saw his brand new post about Scalia and decided he was just a troll.

He's not on here for anything but to shove his gayness down our throats and now to bash a Supreme Court justice.

Let him and the other dude commiserate by themselves and respond to each others posts while we move on to topics of more interest.

Maybe they should hook up. Seriously, not saying to be sarcastic. But, they could each validate each other since they both feel slighted by society.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
He's not on here for anything but to shove his gayness down our throats and now to bash a Supreme Court justice.
LOL. Good try. Please ignore me if you don't like my posts. If you respond, it shows that you're still interested in what I have to say.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 551 times
May God bless all of you homosexual haters with gay offspring. Before Dick Cheney knew his daughter was gay, he was squarely in your camp. He is now more progressive than our President concerning gay marriage. If his daughter was a victim of lesbian bashing, I think he would reconsider his current opposition to hate crimes legislation. Love can transform the coldest of human hearts. Choose love. Having gay family and friends truly is a blessing from God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies