Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyK View Post
Burden? What kind of burden were these people bearing when they were in school for years racking up student loan debt and foregoing a salary? Do you think they get to just write off the loan debt when they finally start making a decent salary?

Burden? How about putting your life savings at stake to start a business and work 100 hours a week to make it succeed?

Burden? How about working yourself silly for years to build a 401k and then lose your job and ask to use that money to satisfy your obligations and then find out you're penalized for being responsible?

Burden? Do you really think the chronically poor bear any weight of the economic downturn? Have they even noticed there's an economic downturn? Will they even notice the day it becomes a depression?

Get real people. Decide what you want. Decide what you want your America to be.
Want the answer to the "burden" questions.. read the thread.. where i and several others point out the burden.

As for the chronically poor.. Im' not talking about the chronically poor . I'm talking about the MIDDLE INCOME households and bracke.. who bear teh BRUNT of the BURDEN.. who ALSO are a crowd of people who fit into your categories of those with student loans... Small businesses don't always bring 6 figure incomes and could be earning someone a middle income and not be in the upper brackets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 02:08 PM

157 posts, read 180,469 times
[quote=jimw144;8096474]That means you overpaid your tax by $4700 thus the return.quote]

That's funny. You really are out of touch. How can you overpay if your entire tax burden is $2300 and you get a check for $4700? Seriously...you guys have no idea how deep the welfare state has warped thinking in this country.

Last edited by KrissyK; 03-29-2009 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 03-29-2009, 02:09 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
People have been realizing for quite a while that voting for liberals=no tax burden.
Liberals???

http://www.taxfoundation.org/UserFiles/Image/Fiscal%20Facts/Countdown2/2-Figure-1.jpg (broken link)

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/1111.html

Old 03-29-2009, 02:15 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times
Quote:
I'm a tax payer. I don't need an echo chamber. My rant comes naturally.

If you'll go back to the beginning of this thread, you'll notice the numbers were from 2003. People have been realizing for quite a while that voting for liberals=no tax burden.

Where do you guys see this ending anyway? Does it make you feel good to put the economic burden of the entire country on the shoulders of a few?

Just confiscate all the wealth and divide it amongst yourselves. That is what you guys want, and you're doing a pretty good job of accomplishing it. I'll give credit where it's due.

I keep waiting to see the "poor" rise up against those illegals that are taking their jobs. Waiting...waiting...waiting. You've convinced an entire group of people that they are above laboring to pay their own way. Again, nice accomplishment. I'll give credit where it's due.
Hm.. well considering that alot of those in the 1% bracket.. uh humm.. CEO's and heads of banks..etc. were teh ones that REALLY REALLY ran amock and caused this economic downturn with their greed.. then came tothe U.S gov't for a bailout.. I won't feel so bad that they have to pay more in taxes.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:19 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times
Quote:
I'm a tax payer. I don't need an echo chamber. My rant comes naturally.

If you'll go back to the beginning of this thread, you'll notice the numbers were from 2003. People have been realizing for quite a while that voting for liberals=no tax burden.

Where do you guys see this ending anyway? Does it make you feel good to put the economic burden of the entire country on the shoulders of a few?

Just confiscate all the wealth and divide it amongst yourselves. That is what you guys want, and you're doing a pretty good job of accomplishing it. I'll give credit where it's due.

I keep waiting to see the "poor" rise up against those illegals that are taking their jobs. Waiting...waiting...waiting. You've convinced an entire group of people that they are above laboring to pay their own way. Again, nice accomplishment. I'll give credit where it's due.

You must think that being poor is some kind of piece of cake. Just ask a poor person whether he/she would like to make more $$$. I dare you. But there are plenty of people who aren't in an INFINITELY FLEXIBLE SITUATION to chase the next higher paying job--family ties that pull people to stay in their home towns, childcare responsibilities preclude taking time out to get retrained, personal medical conditions, limited local economic conditions, etc. The top 25% of white people in American don't know S**T about the poor people in this country.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:24 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Burden? What kind of burden were these people bearing when they were in school for years racking up student loan debt and foregoing a salary? Do you think they get to just write off the loan debt when they finally start making a decent salary?

Burden? How about putting your life savings at stake to start a business and work 100 hours a week to make it succeed?
I spent years in school earning a graduate degree that required a student loan and I started a business, I work very hard. As my business grows, my income increases and my taxes go up, but so does my lifestyle. The burden is how much you suffer in trying to make ends meet on your after tax income. As I work my way up the tax brackets, I pay more because I have more, and I suffer less than many struggling middle class people.

The conservatives who post always talk about the welfare class, and completely ignore the hard working middle class americans struggling to pay the mortgage, and the rest of life's basic expenses.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
You must think that being poor is some kind of piece of cake. Just ask a poor person whether he/she would like to make more $$$. I dare you. But there are plenty of people who aren't in an INFINITELY FLEXIBLE SITUATION to chase the next higher paying job--family ties that pull people to stay in their home towns, childcare responsibilities preclude taking time out to get retrained, personal medical conditions, limited local economic conditions, etc. The top 25% of white people in American don't know S**T about the poor people in this country.
Decisions matter. It's called consequences.

Keep looking for someone to blame for your circumstances. Let us know how that works out for you.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:43 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times
Every time you post, you make my case for me! Thank you!

Old 03-29-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I spent years in school earning a graduate degree that required a student loan and I started a business, I work very hard. As my business grows, my income increases and my taxes go up, but so does my lifestyle. The burden is how much you suffer in trying to make ends meet on your after tax income. As I work my way up the tax brackets, I pay more because I have more, and I suffer less than many struggling middle class people.

The conservatives who post always talk about the welfare class, and completely ignore the hard working middle class americans struggling to pay the mortgage, and the rest of life's basic expenses.

You read what you want to read. I said nothing of the sort.

Further, if you feel good about paying more then you should take the advice of other posters and send a donation to the IRS. Just don't ask me to be as generous. I donate my time and money the way I see fit. I don't appreciate for a second the attitude that I'm somehow responsible for someone else's decisions.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:47 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,941,832 times
Really park twain

My parents came to this country "Legally" with almost nothing...My father worked 3 back breaking jobs and my mother worked in a sweat shop...They never complained or asked for handouts and in the end they did pretty dam good...But I guess they were from a different generation...So do me a favor take your whining somewhere else...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies