Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2009, 08:48 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Have you sent your 3% extra to the government? If not, your a hypocrite for demanding others to do so..
Democrats don't give, they just whine, whine, whine, and they don't even need the cheese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 08:50 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
He can give all he wants as can any other rich liberals, sadly most don't and that is the rub. Do as I say not as I do. What hypocrisy!

Last edited by Soccersupporter; 03-29-2009 at 09:03 AM..

Old 03-29-2009, 08:55 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
You're funny. The only people "stealing" anything are the people who pay the most taxes. And most of them pay less tax than I do. They have the loopholes. I don't.
Who are they stealing from? They are getting no welfare services that the taxpayers pay for! Do you even think before posting? Really they pay "LESS" than you do....

Old 03-29-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
He can give all he wants as can any other rich liberal, sadly most don't and that is the rub. Do as I say not as I do. What hypocrisy!
Oh they will give and give if it is the "taxpayers" money. But will not reach into their own pockets to do so.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:57 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Actually I did the fundamentals correctly. I worked hard, saved for a down payment on a house. I did make some errors in judgement and had a lack of knowledge. For example; not being aware of how credit works. (I thought NOT having any lines of credit.. or no CC,w as a good thing.. I was wrong. ) and also i was nieve in what was going on in the market with mortgages..etc. I didn't see the collapse coming. I just assumed that with established credit after 2 years I could refinance into a fixed rate at or below what I was paying (6.95% - it was an ALT A loan). Had I established lines of credit prior to purchasing my house I would have been able to buy that house at a rate similar.. or more likely BETTEr than the initial rate for the first 2 years and I would have been fine. My mistake was giong ahead with the purchase of the home with the ARM. Lessons learned..

And so that everyone knows...I didn't just walk away. I short sold to a nice young couple that is very happy with the place...they are enjoying the fruits of my labor. as well as their own

But the point was..we work hard and aren't looking to have the biggest house, the best cars or wear designer clothes. We don't live a lavish lifestyle and aren't really trying to either.

I do believe that had my father been alive when I purchased the house, he might have been able to school me and guide me. We never talked money in our household and I really never got an education on how money works. My dad may have known better and might have advised me not to do it and why. But alas, my father had passed away.

I had a crash course .. and learned a harsh lesson. BTW.. I was hit twice in this economy.. First with the collapse of the housing market adn all my savings and homeownership dream smashed and second in the hit our busienss has taken (the one with my husband). We'll survive and it will pick up again when the economy does..but boy .. what a whallop we have been taking!
So many people learned that harsh lesson. We should fight to have real life education in our schools, classes in finance, taxes, bill paying, and the realities of life should be taught right alongside history and mathematics. It's easy to blame the average american for "not knowing better," but up until this mortgage mess, most people thought they could trust the authorities at their bank, and real estate company. The fact that people had that trust is only shocking in hindsight. If we taught our children the realities of finance instead of protecting them from life they would likely grow to fight for a better government because they would know what that means.

5,224 posts, read 5,012,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Oh they will give and give if it is the "taxpayers" money. But will not reach into their own pockets to do so.

You have nothing to back that up.. just silly rhetoric. We're actually having a decent debate here and then you guys resort to this nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Democrats don't give, they just whine, whine, whine, and they don't even need the cheese.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:03 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
That comment sounds ridiculous considering that "the rich liberal" being discussed is saying he can afford to and will reach into his/her pocket, and pay his/her fair share of the tax burden rather than having people who struggle day to day assume a higher tax burden. That poster is not the one doing the whining.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
So many people learned that harsh lesson. We should fight to have real life education in our schools, classes in finance, taxes, bill paying, and the realities of life should be taught right alongside history and mathematics. It's easy to blame the average american for "not knowing better," but up until this mortgage mess, most people thought they could trust the authorities at their bank, and real estate company. The fact that people had that trust is only shocking in hindsight. If we taught our children the realities of finance instead of protecting them from life they would likely grow to fight for a better government because they would know what that means.
I totally agree.

Funny.. money conversations at home were so taboo back then..

I will be sure my child knows how money works.. and I'm still learning.. in my 30's!! EEK.

Rather than take "shop".. where I learned how to saw wood (like I really needed to do that).. I would have been better served by even a simple finance class. And Ibelieve that all students need it before entering college.. where they are succeptable to credit cards being handed out on campuses!!

Old 03-29-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
That comment sounds ridiculous considering that "the rich liberal" being discussed is saying he can afford to and will reach into his/her pocket, and pay his/her fair share of the tax burden rather than having people who struggle day to day assume a higher tax burden. That poster is not the one doing the whining.

I can't rep you yet.. but I wanted to on this one..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies