Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 11:17 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
On the contrary - YOU are the one who needs to put down the bottle - because it is definitely imparing your reasoning ability.

NYC is not remotely going back to the way it was in the 70s... Please explain why you think it is - because I KNOW you are dead wrong...

As long as Bloomberg is in charge (and he is running for re-election) then what you claim will never come to pass. The city will only get better.

Where are you getting your compltely pessimistic and defeatist attitude from? What have you been reading to make you feel so???
The only thing impaired is your reading comprehension. A millionaires tax will chase the wealthy from NYC where the top 1% pay 48% of the taxes. Add to the woe. wall street is dead. Bonus season will never be the same further eroding tax receipts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 11:19 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,590 times
Quote:
I know people who have relocated to DFW from NYC - and most of them can't wait to get back to NYC...

They go crazy with all the extreme right-wingers down there, and the uber-pompous mega-churches drive them nuts - the religious hypocracy is so thick you could cut it with a knife they tell me... and from what I see on tv of the masses from these mega-churches - I have to believe they are right.

Yup - DFW probably has nice homes and shopping malls - but there's a lot more to a nice place to live than that.

Rule number one: Never ever live in a bible belt state...
I guess if you are against right wingers, then Dallas is not for you. But considering most of the people they want to tax to death are right-wingers (rich ones), I don't think they would have a problem.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:20 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I went to high school in the Houston area and people there were so much more friendly, laid-back and normal. Before, I used to go to this ShopRite in NJ and the cashiers always had an attitude, they won't even say Hi to you, super ghetto and rude. In Texas, I used to shop at HEB and the cashiers were so nice, they would always smile and say "How are y'all doing?", "Did y'all find everything alright?". Living in TX for 3 years just made me realize how bizarre and abnormal NJ really is.
Yup - they're nice to you in the stores...

And then they go chain people to pickup trucks and drag them to their deaths for fun.... there have been a few of those over the years.

Really nice place to live - and the real scary part is - most of them own guns.

Last edited by mrbob; 03-28-2009 at 11:28 PM..

Old 03-28-2009, 11:21 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,873 times
Quote:
Oooohhh - caught him in the inconsistency of his own words - nice one!!!

However, he will just spin it and say he was against it before he was for it - or something lame to that effect!
They seem to have a problem with the facts.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Then stay in Texas. We don't want you anymore than you want to come here.
what I don't understand is that California and NY screwed up their own states so bad, then want to move here and change our culture.
If you come here, expect people to actually wave and greet you, say y'all and everything soda is a "coke".
If you can't stand that, then stay there and deal with the higher taxes.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:22 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
The only thing impaired is your reading comprehension. A millionaires tax will chase the wealthy from NYC where the top 1% pay 48% of the taxes.
No it won't - you're just blowing smoke - just a totally lame scare tactic - like the elites always use whenever you dare talk about raising taxes and taking a few pennies of their fortune away...

Maybe YOU should take a refresher course in Reading for Understanding...

Old 03-28-2009, 11:23 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Nobody mentioned only 40000 NYC residents pay for 50% of all taxes in NYC. You get a few here and a few there leaving for friendlier climes and suddenly down the road NYC and NY is in a even worse position.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
The only thing impaired is your reading comprehension. A millionaires tax will chase the wealthy from NYC where the top 1% pay 48% of the taxes. Add to the woe. wall street is dead. Bonus season will never be the same further eroding tax receipts.
Jesus himself couldn't chase the wealthy from NYC and you being in Hoboken, Nj. already know that.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Yup - they're nice to you in the stores...

And then they go chain people to pickup trucks and drag them to their deaths for fun.... there have been a few of those over the years.

Really nice place to life - and the real scary part is - most of them own guns.
there are racial crimes in New York, they are just usually reversed.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
what I don't understand is that California and NY screwed up their own states so bad, then want to move here and change our culture.
If you come here, expect people to actually wave and greet you, say y'all and everything soda is a "coke".
If you can't stand that, then stay there and deal with the higher taxes.
Really NY is screwed up bad? We have problems but then who doesn't(including texas). Lets not forget that both time California was in this situation they were republican governed. Arnold currently and Pete Wilson previously, I'm jus saying..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies