Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2012, 04:12 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times

Advertisements

I have listened to the guy plenty of times, when driving through conservatives areas with no other radio choices. He can be pretty funny.

However, the notion of guy who lies and spins constantly to algn reality with the beliefs of his fans is pretty repulsive. He is a snake oil salesman. When I need a snake oiled,I'll give a call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 04:16 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
I'm not a "liberal" and I have infrequently listened to Limbaugh's program. I've formed an opinion. He's a racist. A sexist. A demented man full of hate for others. A substance abuser. A poor quality entertainer. And of those who regularly listen to and support his rantings ... I believe they are developmentally disabled. Sick people. Just like Rush.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:38 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Thumbs down Limbaugh: master of hate radio

When Limbaugh's radio program first came to this area (early 90s) I listened for awhile. It became real clear real fast that he's nothing more than a hate merchant.

Example: he was constantly going on about how Bill Clinton was connected to the death of a guy named Vince Foster. Accusing Clinton of plotting his death.

Vince Foster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He'd killed himself in a DC park, a suicide. But Limbaugh kept going on about how Clinton had him killed because of his affair with Hillary, etc. Real sick stuff. I couldn't listen after that.

And I never liked either of the Clintons and voted against both at every opportunity.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:43 PM

74 posts, read 52,702 times
I'm a Rush baby, still love him. Three generations of my family listen to Rush. Ive listen to him enough to learn that far left lib's and far right conservatives are equally closed minded. My Mom still jokes that the first words liberals teach their kids are "Rush bad".

Old 03-04-2012, 04:47 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times
Is there a thread on the advertisers pulling out of his show? I for one think it is completely ridiculous as once the "outrage" dies down, they will wish they were back. This overreaction happens so often it is a bit scary. Do these companies actually think pulling out will do them more good than just riding the storm out since this will all be forgotten in about two weeks? Someone won't buy from ProFlowers because they advertise on Rush Limbaugh?

Old 03-04-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
However, the notion of guy who lies and spins constantly to algn reality with the beliefs of his fans is pretty repulsive. He is a snake oil salesman. When I need a snake oiled,I'll give a call.
Are you sure you aren't mixing up Rush and Bill Maher?

Old 03-04-2012, 04:55 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Is there a thread on the advertisers pulling out of his show? I for one think it is completely ridiculous as once the "outrage" dies down, they will wish they were back. This overreaction happens so often it is a bit scary. Do these companies actually think pulling out will do them more good than just riding the storm out since this will all be forgotten in about two weeks? Someone won't buy from ProFlowers because they advertise on Rush Limbaugh?

Well, I wont and I bought from them on several occasions. I also told them so!

Old 03-04-2012, 04:56 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Ha. Bet you aren't the majority and bet you didn't like him to begin with. Just a thought. Not to make light of the situation, but I realize there are people like you that won't. There are also defenders who don't care. Most people that buy from proflowers probably have no clue what the guy even said.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Yeah, that's right, stick it to 'em.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:17 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times
Post News, Despite Rush Limbaugh Apology, Advertisers Continue to Flee.

Yesterday, Rush Limbaugh did finally apologize to Sandra Fluke for "[choosing] the wrong words" and "[attempting] to be humorous" — remember, calling her a "****" and a "prostitute" for openly discussing contraception, which 99 percent of women have used at least once. Of course, Limbaugh's famously crass and angry sense of humor is nothing new to his advertisers, who've had to make their peace with it in order to reach his millions of loyal listeners.

Despite Rush Limbaugh Apology, Advertisers Continue to Flee -- Daily Intel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies