Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:16 PM

346 posts, read 407,930 times

Advertisements

You lefties seem to think that IF these people would have called nine one one all would be well. Guess what that is not the case as she was being raped at the time. A gun would have stopped the whole thing but your too damn stupid to realize it. I guess if your on the wrong end of one of these crimes you'd rather have a phone then a gun??? LOL. Fools one and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 09:21 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
Zactly. Get a gun. I don't depend on the police to come save me. Hell especially in Mass who have given us Kerry, Kennedy and Fwanks. Bunch of fools. Oh and this rapist too. Hope your a good ankle grabber while your waiting around for the cops to show up fool.
Exactly, so why should any of these good Liberals have stopped to help this woman? If she didn't help herself, it's totally on her, right?

And name calling got old in elementary school, though some apparently didn't get that notice. Home training is nice.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:28 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Liberalism caused this. Basically, Liberalism is anti-gun and pro-promiscuity. I bet you a lot of those drivers knew what was going on but probably did not stop because they thought the two parties involved were just "having some rough fun". It is a godless, morally decadent ideology where "anything goes" as long as it is not affecting me. Shocking!

Old 03-29-2009, 09:29 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
But, you may be on the right track - This might just be a new variant of Road Rage.
Maybe his dad taught him never to shoot a girl, that's reserved for boys.

His dad might have taught him that with women, you just beat and rape them.

I haven't seen any news reports of road rage between men and women, or between women and women - I've only seen it reported between men.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
You lefties seem to think that IF these people would have called nine one one all would be well. Guess what that is not the case as she was being raped at the time. A gun would have stopped the whole thing but your too damn stupid to realize it. I guess if your on the wrong end of one of these crimes you'd rather have a phone then a gun??? LOL. Fools one and all.
It would have been a start. But, then who says you couldn't dial 9-1-1 and then pull out the gun? Keep in mind, we still don't know if those driving by knew what was happening. If you don't know it is happening, you certainly can't do anything about it - unless you pull over with a gun drawn for every car and/or accident you see at the side of the road .

Old 03-29-2009, 09:52 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Actually, a cop stopped by but the guy told him he was rushing her to the hospital to say goodbye to her mom. Since the police are now supposed to be "compassionate", he let the perp go.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:51 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
The Caption:
No One Stopped To Help Woman Attacked On Busy Road | AHN | March 29, 2009, insinuates that hundreds of people saw and understood that a crime was being committed, but drove by uncaring - so as to further insinuate that that we live in a very ugly society. This was done in order to create enough indignancy-emotion to sell a newspaper.

The facts in the actual article do not match the insinuation of the caption.

The story doesn't seem to fall together like the scene in this movie where the event is not, and does not need to be, distorted by a "selling caption":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4HLT...eature=related

I think there is more "Eastwood" out there than people realize.

I might me wrong.

What are your thoughts?

Old 03-29-2009, 11:55 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
If anybody actually read the article, it was pointed out that the motorists probably didn't see what was going on. Middleborough is a perfectly respectable Massachusetts town.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:02 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Not surprised here. It happened in a Blue/Liberal state. If this would happened in a place like Texas or Oklahoma, the woman would have been saved and hopefully the attacker would have been shot to death. Liberals have no HEART.
That's really funny. Considering that Texas is a state with rampant sexual abuse, and a state which even allows for canned hunting/abuse of animals. Yeah, there's a state full of "heart." What bullcrap.

A few statistics for you:

More than 226,000 children and 104,000 adults are raped every year in Texas. That's considerably more than a quarter million people raped every year in Texas--and twice as many children as adults.

Texas Association Against Sexual Assault (TAASA) - Ending Sexual Violence in Texas

Meanwhile: The number of rapes in Massachusetts for 2007 was 1,634.

Massachusetts Crime Rates 1960 - 2007

Yeah, those blue states are really dangerous, aren't they?

Old 03-30-2009, 08:35 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default headline

Headline should have read, 'Traffic accident scam results in sexual assult and beating". Should have provided some instant and useful info to help folks avoid similar situations. Follow up story should point out how crimes can be perpetrated even in high traffic areas without public notice.

The lead in would have been appropriate for the assult on Kitty Genovese which rocked the country in a time when it was expected folks should come to the aid of others in need. A situation where people clearly saw what was happeneing but chose not to get involved.

Most of those estimated 300 drivers were talking on their cell phones and barely noticed the cars in front or behind them.

The legal system is designed to seek justice after the crime was committed and has little impact on preventing crime except by chance. It would be legally dangerous for a citizen to get involved even if they saw what may have been an assault. Of course make a 911 phone call if it looks waranted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies