Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:39 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times

Advertisements

Since they were in her car, is it possible that no one was paying attention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 12:39 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Since they were in her car, is it possible that no one was paying attention?
Absolutely. Of course no one knew. It's absurd to suggest that motorists cavalierly just drove right by a woman they knew was being raped.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:32 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Absolutely. Of course no one knew. It's absurd to suggest that motorists cavalierly just drove right by a woman they knew was being raped.
Come on. Be reasonable. It was tragic what happened to this woman but most people driving, whether on the street or freeway aren't paying attention to what's happening outside their view. These days you have to keep your eyes on the road and just do a quick glance at the emergency lane or else you could rear end someone. They probably noticed that someone stopped to help and moved on.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:40 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
You lefties seem to think that IF these people would have called nine one one all would be well. Guess what that is not the case as she was being raped at the time. A gun would have stopped the whole thing but your too damn stupid to realize it. I guess if your on the wrong end of one of these crimes you'd rather have a phone then a gun??? LOL. Fools one and all.
My grandfather was a homicide detective for many years. He was certainly not a fool. I remember him saying once: "Any weapon you have on you may be turned against you." A gun isn't a panacea. Just because you have one doesn't mean you'll get to use it against the perp; it might just turn out to be the opposite.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Hopefully they can collect DNA evidence and find the man. I wouldn't be too quick to judge the motorist who drove by. By what was in the article, this wasn't in full view since the beating and sexual assault happened inside the victim's car. However, if the video shows motorist passing as the assault is taking place out on the roadway then those motorist are cowards to not even have called 911.
and what happens when those cops come out, how do the local young men treat those cops. interesting how the people that hate the cops and wish them dead, will always say call the cops. would you cheer if the rapist killed the cop that came to help? no no i correct that i already know the answer. gosh i miss oakland.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:50 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,738,314 times
I will admit I am from MA and I heard about it on the news. This happened on a busy busy highway where the speed limit it 65 MPH and I am sure a lot of people did not see it happening as he apparently had her down on the seat.
If I drove by a car and another car was parked behind it, not in my wildest dreams would I think that something like that was happening.
She was NOT outside her car so noone driving by would know that she was in trouble.

The media also likes to spin things.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:58 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Come on. Be reasonable. It was tragic what happened to this woman but most people driving, whether on the street or freeway aren't paying attention to what's happening outside their view. These days you have to keep your eyes on the road and just do a quick glance at the emergency lane or else you could rear end someone. They probably noticed that someone stopped to help and moved on.
Um, that's what I just said--more or less.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:08 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,841,383 times
Who the heck would have known that a woman was being raped in her car? I can honestly say that I would have driven right past without a second thought.
I don't know about where you guys are from but Fender bender/rapes are pretty rare here.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:13 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,377,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I will admit I am from MA and I heard about it on the news. This happened on a busy busy highway where the speed limit it 65 MPH and I am sure a lot of people did not see it happening as he apparently had her down on the seat.
If I drove by a car and another car was parked behind it, not in my wildest dreams would I think that something like that was happening.
She was NOT outside her car so noone driving by would know that she was in trouble.

The media also likes to spin things.
uh,.. this was on rt 28 where it passes through Middleborough near the intersection of Bridge street,.. I believe the speed limit is 45....... It is an area where it's not unusual to see cars pulled over to the side of the road. It's right near the Ocean Spray plant. There's a gas station accross the street with cameras, no one there noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:15 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,738,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
Zactly. Get a gun. I don't depend on the police to come save me. Hell especially in Mass who have given us Kerry, Kennedy and Fwanks. Bunch of fools. Oh and this rapist too. Hope your a good ankle grabber while your waiting around for the cops to show up fool.

That is uncalled for. This is not about politics a woman was brutally attacked and raped by a stranger! What does it have to do with Democrats and Republicans.
AND to the other poster, not all of us carry guns!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies