Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 05:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Wait a second: Obama invited the guy to the White House. He's engaging (or confronting, if you want to see it that way) someone with whom he disagrees.

That's not something many other presidents of this era did with any regularity. Is it a bad thing?

It's a bad thing if you're doing it to squash opposition and dissent.
There's a number of subtle changes going on..War on Terror is being changed to some other verbage for example and that directive came from the White House.

Freedom of Speech is nothing to be toyed with and I hope I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 05:04 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It really depends on what he's going to say and do...I'm going to be real curious as to what he says. And does: words and actions may be two different things. He may talk nice, and sick the ATF cat stompers on him or something like that.....
Well, we'll have to see. I highly doubt the President would be so open about a meeting if his intentions were nefarious.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's a bad thing if you're doing it to squash opposition and dissent.
There's a number of subtle changes going on..War on Terror is being changed to some other verbage for example and that directive came from the White House.

Freedom of Speech is nothing to be toyed with and I hope I'm wrong.
As I said in my response to arctichomesteader, we have no way of knowing what Obama's intentions are. We'll find out soon enough. As I said, it's pretty unlikely, imho, that any president would openly attempt to meet with someone if their attempts were dishonorable.

Even if Obama were to meet with him and say "cut it out, man!", that's not an attempt to quash opposition and dissent. Now, if he actually took steps to censor the guy, that'd be something else, entirely. That wouldn't require a face-to-face meeting, though.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Well, we'll have to see. I highly doubt the President would be so open about a meeting if his intentions were nefarious.
Well if he got a personal invitation that must mean Wash DC is flooded with teabags !!!

Go Americans !!!! That means we need to double up and send them once per week. Our voice was heard.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:12 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
I hope he goes with his lawyer.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:14 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:

Maybe he is going to make him an offer he cannot refuse.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Maybe he is going to make him an offer he cannot refuse.
Yep. Maybe.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:24 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
It really depends on what he's going to say and do...I'm going to be real curious as to what he says. And does: words and actions may be two different things. He may talk nice, and sick the ATF cat stompers on him or something like that.....
Obama will tell him that the the Govt. is expecting terrible riots this summer - and that if he doesn't shut the fook up, he'll serve a very long prison sentence - that is - if he lives.

Or, that he will be deaded in an obviously suspicious enough way that most people will believe Obama deaded him to set an example.

But, Obama will probably try to get him to put out more tapes, but pleading peaceful means of accomplishing political goals.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:29 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I hope he goes with his lawyer.
What good's a lawyer when there is no law?

What if Obama informs him that Obama is the DECIDER?

What if Obama informs him that Emanual Rahm is the DECIDER?

I don't know what I would do if I were in his shoes.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
What good's a lawyer when there is no law?

What if Obama informs him that Obama is the DECIDER?

What if Obama informs him that Emanual Rahm is the DECIDER?

I don't know what I would do if I were in his shoes.
Yep. What if.

You know, when Obama meets with this guy and nothing shady happens, you'll ignore that the meeting ever took place and look for the next chance to sow paranoia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies