Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 09:30 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times

Advertisements

Comes news that Bill O'Reilly (sexual harrasser and writer of deviant sexual literature) is boycotting Sean Penn's movies. This might be one of the contributing reasons to Penn's increasing popularity the past few years. I mean in addition to being a great actor and director!

Bill, I could use the money, how about denouncing me!

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 09:44 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

YouTube - Sean Penn: The Truth About Chavez and Castro

The dude is an utter moron. Penn-"He is clearly not a dictator by any means."
Quote:
"He's an amazing actor. I can't take that away from him," she said of Penn, who worked with her on the 1988 cop film Colors. "It's just that he has no clue at all what's going on in Venezuela. He's been praising Hugo Chavez, who is a dictator and a killer. He should shut up about what he doesn't know." Alonso, who was raised in Venezuela, was apparently upset by a glowing article that Penn had written for The Nation magazine about her homeland's charismatic but increasingly dictatorial left-wing President.
'Shut up about Chavez the killer' Venezuelan co-star tells Sean Penn - Americas, World - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/shut-up-about-chavez-the-killer-venezuelan-costar-tells-sean-penn-1639783.html - broken link)

Old 03-30-2009, 09:45 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
LOL! It take money to make money - buy a ticket to Venezuela, if Hugo invites you over to tea, you're in!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:48 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
LOL! It take money to make money - buy a ticket to Venezuela, if Hugo invites you over to tea, you're in!
And, if Hugo thinks he can use you to further his own goals, he will.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:58 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Comes news that Bill O'Reilly (sexual harrasser and writer of deviant sexual literature) is boycotting Sean Penn's movies. This might be one of the contributing reasons to Penn's increasing popularity the past few years. I mean in addition to being a great actor and director!

golfgod

I doubt he cares about a nobody as much as you care about him.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:20 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
Wow, Sean Penn is an idiot!

Old 03-30-2009, 10:34 AM

553 posts, read 836,833 times
THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: ARE THERE ACTORS WHOSE POLITICAL OPINIONS DISTURB YOU SO MUCH YOU WON'T SEE THEIR MOVIES?

O'Reilly: Just Sean Penn.

THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: SOMEONE WILL READ THAT AND ACCUSE YOU OF ENCOURAGING A NEW BLACKLIST ERA.

O'Reilly: Not at all. He's a great actor, and if you hire him, you'll get a good performance. I'm just not going to give a guy who gives aid and comfort to people like (Iran president Mahmoud) Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez and Saddam Hussein, when he was alive, my 10 bucks. That's my right as an American.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:55 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,390,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: ARE THERE ACTORS WHOSE POLITICAL OPINIONS DISTURB YOU SO MUCH YOU WON'T SEE THEIR MOVIES?

O'Reilly: Just Sean Penn.

THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: SOMEONE WILL READ THAT AND ACCUSE YOU OF ENCOURAGING A NEW BLACKLIST ERA.

O'Reilly: Not at all. He's a great actor, and if you hire him, you'll get a good performance. I'm just not going to give a guy who gives aid and comfort to people like (Iran president Mahmoud) Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez and Saddam Hussein, when he was alive, my 10 bucks. That's my right as an American.
Just as Sean Penn is allowed to voice his opinion, O'Reilly also has that right.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:58 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post

golfgod
I'll denounce you. I Sonrise, hereby declare that I will no longer read Golfgods leftist posts that give no respect to differing opinions. There, you're denounced.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:59 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Just as Sean Penn is allowed to voice his opinion, O'Reilly also has that right.
Not to the left. Must me new around these parts, huh?

Liberal Tolerance= America's greatest oxymoron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies