Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:49 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I agree. If you disagree with Obama, that DOES NOT MAKE you a racist.

I agree completely.

But there is also no denying that there are whites who are angry that a non white person is in office.

Some people just cannot see beyond skin color and that is very sad.
Sad indeed. And stupid as well.

However, nowhere near the amount required to sway a state let alone the election results. Obama won. End of story. Who cares what a few malcontents think? Really, who cares?

If I want to criticize my President, the Constitution enables me to do so without fear of retribution. That is my right. Being called a racist as a result is idiotic, narrow-minded, ignorant and just plain cowardly.

Obama gets no pass from criticism for being black. None. Zip. Zero. Those who call legit criticism or dissent racist are themselves bigots. Those who cannot help but refer to Bush and his supposed questioning of patriotism are only interested in some kind of childish vendetta.

Obama works for me- and you. His deeds are subject to criticism. Should they be unreasonable, the arena of public opinion is there to sort it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 09:08 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
What is messed up is if you are talking to someone and say you dont agree with Obama you find yourself also saying I'm not a racist either.

I was called a racist many times for supporting McCain here. Ignore that I married outside my race and my husbands grandmother is from Africa and black. I am some how this big racist because I supported the old white man.

So Now I am to the point that I dont care if they call me a racist anymore. It doesnt matter what you tell them you are still a racist in their eyes so why not let them think you are.

They need to wake up , doing this is hurting race relations in America and not helping it. People are sick and tired of being called a racist and having to defend themselves. That they just might start to become a racist

Old 03-31-2009, 09:30 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Thats only a saying on FOX News.
You must watch a lot. I've never heard that on Fox News.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:31 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
This is another moronic wingnut talking point. Look at any liberal blog - there's tons of dissent. The point is how you talk about your "disagreement" with President Obama. If it's policy based, and has some logic and fact - no problem.

If it's "Obama's a Kenyan!" and "Obama fistbumps" and "Obama's scary!" and other typical wingnut blather (for here at CD) - then you're probably a racist.

[PS. Please check your grammar if you're going to post as often as you do.]
There is nothing worse than a wingnut with poor grammar and/or spelling.
Bodes poorly for "no child left behind"..

Old 03-31-2009, 09:40 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Okay, republican shill, why don't you name names? Who called you a racist because you criticized President Obama?

Old 03-31-2009, 10:16 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
WOW...I guess your not allowed to disagree with your President's policies
anymore...If you do you better watch out you'll be labeled a racist to shut you down...As the old saying goes "show me a liberal and I'll scratch you out a fascist"
I disagree with Obama, and I am certainly not a racist. I disagree with his policies and I have legitimate reasons with intelligent and thought out explanations as to why I disagree. Most people simply say they "fear" him and seem to have an irrational hatred and fear for him specifically moreso than say Hilary or John Edwards (who would have basically done the exact same things, all Democrats are alike except for the nuts like Kucinich) and most likely that is because he's black and has a funny name. Why else would there be so many people here on CD who clearly hate him for his name and his "national origin" (I use quotes because those are the nuts who claim he's not American) or the color of his skin?

Finally, please CHECK YOUR GRAMMAR BEFORE YOU POST A THREAD. The word is You're, not your. THEY ARE DIFFERENT WORDS WITH DIFFERENT MEANINGS.

Quote:
your [yoor, yawr, yohr; unstressed yer]
–pronoun 1. (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea. Compare yours.
2. one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
3. (used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.
Quote:
you're [yoor; unstressed yer] contraction of you are: You're certain that's right?
Typing "your a racist" is gibberish. It's "you're a racist"

Old 03-31-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I disagree with Obama, and I am certainly not a racist. I disagree with his policies and I have legitimate reasons with intelligent and thought out explanations as to why I disagree.
Makes sense.

Quote:
Most people simply say they "fear" him and seem to have an irrational hatred and fear for him specifically moreso than say Hilary or John Edwards (who would have basically done the exact same things, all Democrats are alike except for the nuts like Kucinich)
Perhaps. But is it not more likely that they are merely utilizing hyperbole and exaggeration? No President I can recall is impervious to such reactions- Reagan was going to start WWIII (nope), Clinton was some kind of left-wing loon (hardly).

Quote:
and most likely that is because he's black and has a funny name. Why else would there be so many people here on CD who clearly hate him for his name and his "national origin" (I use quotes because those are the nuts who claim he's not American) or the color of his skin?
Certainly some truth there. Of course it was not so long ago that the nut fringe on the other side was spouting off on how Bush's grandfather was a Nazi or that he was drunk every day. I guess I would conclude that neither side is devoid of nuts and they all have access to the internet.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:12 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,527,286 times
Why does it seem that almost all of the people that point out extreme right wing threads and stupid points like this have spelling and/or grammar problems? Especially in the subject line?
Obama is not doing some of the things that I want to see him do and I'm a little down on him (even though he's a big time improvement over the clown before him) and I'm black, so does that mean I am racist against black people?

Old 03-31-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Why does it seem that almost all of the people that point out extreme right wing threads and stupid points like this have spelling and/or grammar problems? Especially in the subject line?
Obama is not doing some of the things that I want to see him do and I'm a little down on him (even though he's a big time improvement over the clown before him) and I'm black, so does that mean I am racist against black people?
No, just a traitor to your peeps.

And yes, I am joking.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:23 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies