Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 07:53 PM

553 posts, read 836,833 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Barack Hussein Obama refuses to salute US flag

Old 03-30-2009, 07:57 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,857,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
you mean during the last administration?
Yes.
I'm not letting Bush off the hook.
I just think Obama is doing the same stuff on steroids.
Neither should have been allowed to do what they've done.
I'll throw Clinton under the bus, too. He gets much of the credit for really screwing things up in the housing market, though that too can be traced farther back.
Obama's in charge now, and isn't doing anything to fix the problem. He's only making it worse on a much larger scale.
I'm sick of all of them. Libertarians are the only ones making sense.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:03 PM

707 posts, read 1,021,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
No, I was speaking of Obama, who makes Bush look like a genius. Bush did a similar thing, but on a much smaller scale, and I wholeheartedly disagreed with what went on last year, as well. They're all idiots. Democrats just perform their idiocy on a much larger, quicker scale than the other.
What Bush did to foreign relations, Obama is doing directly to us directly through his meddling with corporations. The man is incompetent.
He needs to leave these car companies alone, and let whatever happens, happen. None of this is any of his business. Believe it or not, it is not the government's duty to provide us with jobs. Never has been.
If the free market had been left alone, all this mess would be over, and we would have been fully recovered months ago.

oh boy...These rules were put into place with these Automakers when they received the first portion of the bailout by the Bush administration, they were told that they had a certain time to come up with a viable restructuring plan in order to 1 obtain any additional assistance. Ford was the ONLY car company that turned this down. So do not blame the Obama adminstration nor should the Bush administration be blamed, because again bottom line, Ford did without. Your entire post is one of un-informed. And no, they would not have been fully recovered by now, they haven't been fully recovered in 5 years.

Do a little more research before you post incorrect information.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:07 PM

9 posts, read 22,523 times
Obama is just another version of Bush...albeit with a better vocabulary.
American politics are disappointing and US elections are nothing but an example of visceral voting.

Obama rehashes Clinton's policies and people go gaga over him. Never mind the fact that Clinton started more wars and more troops died under his command than Bush's. As long as their wallets weren't hurting and wars were "won", the public didn't give a damn!

Then we have the "Ron Paul Revolutionaries"... somehow, I don't see a man in his 70s rehashing 19th century laissez faire capitalism as anything revolutionary.

To hell with them all.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:10 PM

707 posts, read 1,021,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikdreamer View Post
Obama is just another version of Bush...albeit with a better vocabulary.
American politics are disappointing and US elections are nothing but an example of visceral voting.

Obama rehashes Clinton's policies and people go gaga over him. Never mind the fact that Clinton started more wars and more troops died under his command than Bush's. As long as their wallets weren't hurting and wars were "won", the public didn't give a damn!

Then we have the "Ron Paul Revolutionaries"... somehow, I don't see a man in his 70s rehashing 19th century laissez faire capitalism as anything revolutionary.

To hell with them all.

Huh, name the war that was started by Clinton and the number of soldiers killed. This is one response i'm going to be waiting for, this is one post I really need to see. PLEASE,.,

Old 03-30-2009, 08:12 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
No, I was speaking of Obama, who makes Bush look like a genius. .
When hell freezes over.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:16 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
My God, this thread was started just to start another round of bi partisan hate mongering and we just don't need anymore. Especially based on an OP entitled "Ode to the Great Wizard Obama" Its got flame written all over it. Closed in favor of the more in depth and logical discussions you could be having elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies