Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:23 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,540,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
I don't care two cents about Al Gore. I consider him an annoying opportunist. I also don't understand the Rightwing extremists homoerotic fixation on him.
I know, isn't it funny? The fact that right wingers are even bringing him up to use for their argument & completely dismissing actual scientists says a lot about their intellect, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 12:54 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,366,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Yep, that's the one. I STRONGLY recommend that everyone in Gore's camp on this issue watch that from beginning to end.

Probably the most thoroughly debunked and discredited pack of propagandist rubbish of all the propagandist rubbish the Neocons crave and savor. This film became a laughingstock years ago in Britain, long before it was released in the USA and became a laughingstock here. I've posted countless times on here with things like the scientists that are cited in the film saying their work is being lied about and they never said anything so incredibly stupid. No I'm not going to dig up the links and post them again just because some monkey wants to see me do it. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:55 PM

23,667 posts, read 23,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I know, isn't it funny? The fact that right wingers are even bringing him up to use for their argument & completely dismissing actual scientists says a lot about their intellect, doesn't it?
Watch "The Great Global Warming Swindle".

Go ahead, and then let's see what you have to say about what the "actual scientists" have to say.

(oh, and if someone has to resort to name-calling [e.g. 'homoerotic'] to argue their position, then their position must not have much merit...)

Old 04-01-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Watch "The Great Global Warming Swindle".

Go ahead, and then let's see what you have to say about what the "actual scientists" have to say.

(oh, and if someone has to resort to name-calling [e.g. 'homoerotic'] to argue their position, then their position must not have much merit...)
Um, who's calling names here? You consider "right-winger" to be name-calling? Ok. Oh & yes, you can drudge up all the reports you like against global CLIMATE CHANGE, the fact of the matter is that the MAJORITY of scientists support it.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
Probably the most thoroughly debunked and discredited pack of propagandist rubbish of all the propagandist rubbish the Neocons crave and savor. This film became a laughingstock years ago in Britain, long before it was released in the USA and became a laughingstock here. I've posted countless times on here with things like the scientists that are cited in the film saying thier work is being lied about and they never said anything so incredibly stupid. No I'm not going to dig up the links and post them again just because some monkey wants to see me do it. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
"Years ago"? It originally aired on BBC in March, 2007... For it to have become "a laughingstock years ago in Britain", the Brits would have had about three weeks to reach that conclusion. That one statement of yours tells me that you're willing to completely ignore the facts and do whatever lying it will take to shout down your opponent in a discussion. Should I just put you on ignore now, or are you interested in any form of genuine debate?

Anyway, I've read the Wikipedia page on the film, which gleefully outlines all the criticisms against the film, and frankly, I would have expected a LOT more than what's been levied against it. It's going against the most politically correct issue of our lifetime, and they really found very little in this 73 minute film to complain about.

Have fun in your bubble, my friend. Try not to be too surprised when someone comes by with a pin, though.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:04 PM

438 posts, read 830,344 times
Quote:
Um, who's calling names here? You consider "right-winger" to be name-calling? Ok. Oh & yes, you can drudge up all the reports you like against global CLIMATE CHANGE, the fact of the matter is that the MAJORITY of scientists support it.
Proof..Got Any?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLIGuy View Post
Proof..Got Any?
Here's an idea, why don't you pull up your proof that shows the majority of scientists do NOT agree w/global climate change?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Um, who's calling names here? You consider "right-winger" to be name-calling? Ok.
My, you have a short memory.

Check back in the thread a post or two. And by the way, just because I'm quoting you in a post, don't assume that you're the only person I'm directing a comment at. If that were the case, I'd respond via DM, not in a public post.

Have a nice day!

Old 04-01-2009, 01:09 PM

438 posts, read 830,344 times
Quote:
Here's an idea, why don't you pull up your proof that shows the majority of scientists do NOT agree w/global climate change?
Sure...answer a question with a question. Nice try.

Name one scientist and you'll get a cookie. I promise.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:13 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,384,490 times
April Fool - it's Al Gore's birthday!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies