Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:31 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Now he's on FoxNews making possibly the most idiotic statement he's ever made;

"Those crazies in Montana who say 'We're going to kill ATF agents because the UN is taking over', they're beginning to have a case".

When is Fox going to admit that they're doing nothing but harm to the country by continuing to allow this piece of human garbage to have a microphone to yell "fire" in a crowded theater?

I already know why Cavuto didn't shut him up, he's just as bad as Morris.

golfgod

They couldn't find anyone more Conservative. Generalissimo Franco, Juan Peron and Ferdinand Marcos are all dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
They couldn't find anyone more Conservative. Generalissimo Franco, Juan Peron and Ferdinand Marcos are all dead.
Morris is a conservative???

You do know he worked for Clinton right?

Old 04-01-2009, 10:50 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,292 times
[quote=oz in SC;8136232]It was actually their reasoning....it doesn't matter how hysterical or outraged you act it is simply the truth.

As to what happened at both Waco and Ruby Ridge,both were examples of the federal government run amok.[/quote]

Is that what talk radio told you.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:01 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
"Those crazies in Montana who say 'We're going to kill ATF agents because the UN is taking over', they're beginning to have a case".

I guess that intentional exaggeration to make a point is lost on some.
I'm not a fan of Morris, but I can't really get upset about this.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:07 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
I can't afford to lose IQ points at my age so I don't watch Fox News. Is there ANYONE on there who isn't a bonafide idiot? It seems that they go fishing in the sewer for their "hosts." I do think that they and smear radio are responsible for creating the atmosphere in this country that is leading to its destruction.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Morris is no different that Carville or Beckel except he stopped drinking the Clinton kool aid a while ago and realized how crooked they really are.
Y'all are just ticked that he dared change parties, expose what he knew of the Clintons and is taking swipes at Obama.

Where where you when Carville and Beckel took cheap shots at all the last GOP presidents?
That's what I thought...

Old 04-01-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
First, it was Timothy Mcveigh, and not Terry Nichols that was the bomber at OC. If you actually took the time to read into any of the interviews done, or read McVeigh's biography, you'd know about his motivations, right or wrong. It had nothing to do with talk radio.
Damn don't you just hate that, good old boy like Terry Nichols spending the rest of his life in prison for no reason.Why don't you get a little more information before you shoot your mouth off.

Quote:
Hidden federal agents shot first at Ruby Ridge, killing first the dog. A firefight ensued in which one federal agent was shot, and a 14 year old boy was shot in the back while running away. This isn't even debated. Later a federal sniper shot Weaver's unarmed wife in the head, while she was holding their newborn baby. The agents and supervisors were never even prosecuted on this.
Yep that's the way the Aryan Nation tells it. That's also the way right wing talk radio told it.

Quote:
At Waco, evidence was destroyed (specifically the front doors) that might have indicated who shot first. After several years of denials it was finally proven that gas canisters of the type known to be incendary were used. Were they what caused the fires that killed upwards of 100 men, women and children? We'll never know.
The problem here is we live by the rule of law. So when the Government serves you a warrant you are required to comply. I know you feel it's only minorities that should follow the law while you and your ilk pick and chose the laws they feel like following. That's really not the way it works.

Quote:
Did this justify the bombing at OC? No, of course not. But it did provide a powerful motivation. All without the intervention of talk radio.
Piled on to that motivation was a 24/7 bash of the Clinton administration by talk radio. Funny thing though Ruby Ridge was a Bush 1 justice dept. policy. However when your talk radio was screaming that Clinton will take your guns away. It was really Bush, Reagan Trying to take you guns away. And yes talk radio was involved.

Now answer the question should Morris, Beck, or Rush be held accountable if they incite their listeners to violence?

Old 04-01-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
jimj said
Where where you when Carville and Beckel took cheap shots at all the last GOP presidents?
That's what I thought...
Please show where they incited violence, or advocated the overthrow of the U.S. Government.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:29 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Piled on to that motivation was a 24/7 bash of the Clinton administration by talk radio. Funny thing though Ruby Ridge was a Bush 1 justice dept. policy. However when your talk radio was screaming that Clinton will take your guns away. It was really Bush, Reagan Trying to take you guns away. And yes talk radio was involved.

Now answer the question should Morris, Beck, or Rush be held accountable if they incite their listeners to violence?
No, not any more than any other tv or radio person. They are commentators, they don't go and tell people to go out and murder others.

BTW, where did you get the Clinton bashing out of my comments? You are the first one to bring it up. Both administrations (Clinton and Bush 1) were involved in these issues, specifically an out of control, unresponsible federal government. See any similarities today? Ruby Ridge if anything was more egregious, and occured under Bush 1's watch. Why are you trying to make it political (with respect to one party or another)?

With regard to "right wing radio" accounts of Ruby Ridge, I wasn't listening to talk radio in the early 90s. Glad to hear that you were, as well as reading Aryan Nations literature. I can't say I have. My info comes from various books and news programs on the assault, including ones presenting testimony to congress.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Please show where they incited violence, or advocated the overthrow of the U.S. Government.
Please show where the people you accused advocate violence... I can tell you Beck has stated over and over that whatever protests are done be done peacefully.
Maybe if you listened instead of reading the dailykos or Moveon or whatever Soros pap you're reading you'd actually know what's being said.
Also, if you bothered to actually read the OP it was "dick morris;still scum". No where in my response did I say that anyone (carville,beckel etc) incited anything other than a queasy feeling in my stomach when I listen to them yap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies