Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:35 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times

Advertisements

Oh, puhleeeze! Queen Elizabeth II is one of the richest people in the world! Exactly what gift would you
buy for such a person? Obama gave her something that she can enjoy using with her grandsons. If he'd given her a lavish gift, you'd be complaining about that, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 07:11 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Please define the term, "neocon". A lot of you people throw that term out there like it's supposed to be something insulting; yet, no one seems to be able to define it.

Why don't you just google it? The term has been in use for about 30 years. I'm not a fan of people making up their own definitions to words. As soon as people start doing that you know longer have a language. Irving Kristol is generally credited with inventing neoconservatism during the Nixon Administration, but it was popularized by his son William Kristol (Dan Quayle's or Chief of Staff or something). It comes from the term "neoconservative", but refers to a set of beliefs that borrow equally from the Left and the Right. What is unique is that the philosphy involved is almost as abhorrent to the Liberals as it is to the Conservatives. Karl Rove, Dick Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld are devoted adherents to the Kristol ideology.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:21 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
"Don't think we're not keeping score, brother." That's what President Barack Obama said to Rep. Peter DeFazio in a closed-door meeting of the House Democratic Caucus last week, according to the Associated Press.
Hey Mr. Pres... that was a democrat... What's he going to do when he tallies the scores up? Is it time to slaughter or enslave the intelligentsia and throw the poor in labor camps yet?

Quote:
Obama inauguration:
To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history, but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist.
How quickly he abandoned that or maybe in the wonderful world of semantics this is dictator talk. Sounds like the leader of a democracy, eh?

Quote:
A Time for Choosing: They call their policy "accommodation." And they say if we'll only avoid any direct confrontation with the enemy, he'll forget his evil ways and learn to love us. All who oppose them are indicted as warmongers.
They've officially started eating their own. Soon any dissenting views at all will be completely silenced. You guys were mad Bush went out and dictated to the world, how do you feel about a dictator to the country you guys say you love?

Last edited by BigJon3475; 04-02-2009 at 07:34 AM..

Old 04-02-2009, 08:29 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Oh, puhleeeze! Queen Elizabeth II is one of the richest people in the world! Exactly what gift would you
buy for such a person? Obama gave her something that she can enjoy using with her grandsons. If he'd given her a lavish gift, you'd be complaining about that, too.
He is supposed to research and give the type of gift that would mean something to the person he is giving it to and that says something about our country. Of course, he was also ignorant in the gift he gave the Prime Minister of Great Britian, so I guess I shouldn't expect anything better out of him.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 AM

He was tired again. He's savin' worlds!

Old 04-02-2009, 08:50 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why is that "interesting"? America is full of people that live in the country. And we vote too; just like you do.

Have you ever been a member of Christian Identity, or a supporter of the Courts of Common Law?

It is one thing to be critical of our own leaders. And it is our right under the Constitution (Freedom of speech, remember? We have it); but a President is supposed to behave like a Statesman, not like some uneducated ignoramus off the street. He seems to know nothing of protocol, or he doesn't care, which is even worse.

Calling people "pigs" is very intellectual and enlightened indeed. And then you were criticizing him in re protocol.....LMAO.

He is an embarrassment!

In your opinion. And your posts reveal the "you" behind your opinions. IMO, YOU are an embarrassment.

And would you like to discuss some of the things that have been said of George W. Bush over the last eight years by you people on the left that have been less than respectful? Shall we look up some of your old posts, perhaps?

Please, I beg you, go through every post I have ever made on this board, and I challenge you to find one post where I said anything at all about GWB which was harsh beyond his policies and his ability to govern. Please, please, please find ONE where I insulted him personally, such as calling him a "pig" or any other farm animal. Good luck.

Only if you don't know how to read. "These people" in the context of my post (speaking of the Obamas) refers to our President and First Lady.

Wow! Reading is part of the work I do to earn a living! Guess I've had a lot of people fooled for many, many years!

Oh, gosh...I'm so sorry. Surely you're right. I have never had dinner at the White House, so I have no right to criticize the President.

Well, if you consider yourself a qualified critic of the knowledge of "protocol" and "manners" of people who live in the White House, then you should have some experiences which would give validity to your OPINIONS. Criticize a long as you like. We will consider the source.

Oh, but wait! When was the last time you had dinner in the White House? Were you ever critical of George W. Bush? I better look up your old posts. What will I find? Hmmmm?

Again, I challenge you to find all my posts which even mention GWB on this board, and copy and paste them here to prove your point.

But, speaking of accomplishments, what has Obama accomplished in life that qualified him to be President? Other than a short (mostly absentee) term as a Senator, where he hardly ever showed up to vote.

He had been a "community organizer" for ACORN! He was clearly the least qualified candidate running for President.

Obama was elected for no other reason than he did a good con job, and it was "fashionable" to be for Obama, America's first black Presidential candidate. Actually, I think a lot of people voted for him for no other reason. They didn't want to be thought of as "racist" if they were not for Obama. Certainly, he had no message, other than "Change you can believe in"; however, "change" was never defined. It was an empty claim.
What personal experience do you have as a "community organizer"? None? Then how do you know what that work entails, other than what has been written on the far side right wing blogs?

Hey, that's a new one. I never heard that it was "fashionable" to vote for Obama! Wow! Who knew?

You say he had no message.......I say you're repeating the same old yada, yada, yada. Just because you were not able to understand nor comprehend his message does not mean that he didn't have one.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Austin13; 04-02-2009 at 09:05 AM..

Old 04-02-2009, 08:54 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
He is supposed to research and give the type of gift that would mean something to the person he is giving it to and that says something about our country. Of course, he was also ignorant in the gift he gave the Prime Minister of Great Britian, so I guess I shouldn't expect anything better out of him.

He did exactly that; he gave the Queen something that looms large in American culture right now, as well as something that she can use with her grandsons. What were you thinking might be more apropos? Something lavish, so you would have had something different to fuss about. The RW posters are sounding (and acting) like a flock of hens...cluck, flutter, fuss. Find something meaningful to discuss instead of pecking at every move the Obamas make...they're making a favorable impression according to the BBC. Another bubble burst....pop.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:38 AM

Ipod... That's deep man...

Old 04-02-2009, 09:56 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times
Obama is a idiot who speaks well..plain and simple.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:04 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
What personal experience do you have as a "community organizer"? None? Then how do you know what that work entails, other than what has been written on the far side right wing blogs?

Hey, that's a new one. I never heard that it was "fashionable" to vote for Obama! Wow! Who knew?

You say he had no message.......I say you're repeating the same old yada, yada, yada. Just because you were not able to understand nor comprehend his message does not mean that he didn't have one.

Have a nice day.
Apparently all you are able to do is call names. Normal uber liberal who can't make an argument so you revert to name calling. No surprise there.

You can't stand the fact that Obama is an embarrasement to our country because he refuses to get a proper present for heads of state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies