Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 11:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Even Christians want to be in environments where they can breathe freely and are not exposed to unnecessary toxins in the air.
Tell that to the Greek Orthodox church goers - especially around Easter time!

Are Everyday Candles Destroying Your Home And Health?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 11:21 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, the surgeon general's warning on each pack of cigarettes and the fact that second hand smoke aggravates my allergies are enough facts for me ... even if the research proves to be inconclusive as you are claiming (which I doubt), I sure as heck do not wish to risk my health or quality of life waiting for evidence that will convince smokers who are in denial about the negative effects of second smoke.
In other words, the science is completely meaningless to you. Your mind is made up, and you're totally brainwa.. er... convinced, even if the evidence is not only inconclusive, but can be proven to have been manipulated to make you believe something that isn't true.

As I suspected, and mentioned in this or another similar thread some time ago, you're not really interested in the facts - you want cigarettes banned only because you think they're icky.

Thanks for confirming what we were suspecting all along.

I don't like you as much anymore, Connie. I thought you were a reasonable person, but you've just proven that you're not - reasonable people use logic and facts to make decisions. You use emotion, pure and simple.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Here's another medical term for you: cilia death.

Your lack of immune response shows that you have effectively made yourself more vulnerable than ever to SERIOUS illness.

Enjoy your slow death!
Tell that - I say tell that to the old fogies.

BillingsGazette.com :: Great Falls man is now the nation's oldest man (http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2008/12/29/news/state/37-old.txt - broken link)

Old 04-12-2009, 11:41 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I really don't like you talking about me as if I'm not here. It's rude. As to the first point, businesses have all sorts of restrictions for the public good, tax collection and other things. No business person has an unfettered right to run a business solely as s/he sees fit. S/he must pay minimum wage, in a restaurant follow other health laws regarding food preparation, some of which you personally may not agree with, can't serve alcohol to people under 21, etc. No, I don't clean my house, LOL!
Many businesses post a notice which reads: "We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service To................."

Totally legally within their rights.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:52 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Tell that to the Greek Orthodox church goers - especially around Easter time!

Are Everyday Candles Destroying Your Home And Health?
I don't partake in religious rituals that involves the use of candles and don't use them at home either. Regardless, this is off-topic anyways. It's interesting how smokers are bringing up all sorts of stuff in an attempt to divert attention away from the issues at hand - Cigarette smoke, the effects of second hand smoke and whether it taxes should be increased. Yes, there are other harmful stuff out there and maybe we should discuss them in further detail in another thread.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
In other words, the science is completely meaningless to you. Your mind is made up, and you're totally brainwa.. er... convinced, even if the evidence is not only inconclusive, but can be proven to have been manipulated to make you believe something that isn't true.

As I suspected, and mentioned in this or another similar thread some time ago, you're not really interested in the facts - you want cigarettes banned only because you think they're icky.

I don't like you as much anymore, Connie. I thought you were a reasonable person, but you've just proven that you're not - reasonable people use logic and facts to make decisions. You use emotion, pure and simple.
What's not factual about cigarette smoke aggravating allergies and asthma symptoms?

Old 04-12-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Many businesses post a notice which reads: "We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service To................."

Totally legally within their rights.
Yeah but does a business have the right to allow exposure to a substance that poses health risks for patrons?

Old 04-12-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
What's not factual about cigarette smoke aggravating allergies and asthma symptoms?
Just take 1000mg of niacin and two tablespoons of lecithin every day.

You'll need to start out low and work your way up to tolerance.

Same goes if you chose to use cigarettes as a desensitizer.

Tell you what - High doses of niacin and lecithin will give anyone the Super Hornies. (An unacceptable level of sin?)

Old 04-13-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Well ... I've lost quite a bit of respect for you (and other posters on here) as well as you continue to brush off the effects that second hand smoke has on allergy/asthma sufferers as insignificant and it's not! As far as your comment about me not being interested in facts, what about the FACT that allergy sufferers such as me have challenging time breathing in cigarette-laced air? What about the FACT that my eyes water when the air is heavy with cigarette smoke? As I mentioned, I do not have the time to research this issue at this moment but the fact will still remain that cigarette smoke aggravates my allergy symptoms.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Just take 1000mg of niacin and two tablespoons of lecithin every day.

You'll need to start out low and work your way up to tolerance.

Same goes if you chose to use cigarettes as a desensitizer.

Tell you what - High doses of niacin and lecithin will give anyone the Super Hornies. (An unacceptable level of sin?)
And I suppose you are an MD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies