Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 04:52 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
The G20 is only a two day summit, so why will Obama be in Europe for over a week? Trying to rack up Skymiles on Air Force One?
Trying to shore up good foreign relations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 06:15 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Am I the only one who was wondering what they plan on shooting the planes with?

Old 04-01-2009, 06:45 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
The G20 is only a two day summit, so why will Obama be in Europe for over a week? Trying to rack up Skymiles on Air Force One?

umm Bush spent 20% of his time in office on vaca.... he set the record. Also took the longest vaca for a president in 35 years. At least Obama works

Old 04-01-2009, 06:52 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Default Crazy!

They (N. Korea) Wants to launch a satellite into outer space.

That shouldn't worry the Planet right?

The people who run this country are crazy. Think about the position they are already in. Their country men are eating Dog, Cat and maybe a squirrel as cattle.

They don't care about being destroyed! I pray to God that they( NK aka N. Korea) don't shoot a missile at us.

But if they do!

No Comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:03 PM

645 posts, read 1,964,727 times
I'm in the Air Force and have been stationed in South Korea twisted and visited the DMZ 4 times. The NKorean military threat is real and there is NO GOOD mililtary option. Although NKorea isn't yet a serious threat to the United states they are a threat to Japan and South Korea. NKorea has a million man Army and could destroy Seoul and Inchon within hours. The deaths would be in the hundreds of thousands and make OEF and OIF seem like a cakewalk.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:06 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
What's the big deal about shooting aircraft down in your own airspace after warning that the aircraft would be shot down for entering that airspace??

I'm not getting the controversy here?....Or is this just more American exceptionalism???

We can do it but you can't do it.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:07 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
What's the big deal about shooting aircraft down in your own airspace after warning that the aircraft would be shot down for entering that airspace??

I'm not getting the controversy here?....Or is this just more American exceptionalism???

We can do it but you can't do it.
I remind you that we are talking about North Korea. If you don't see the problem with them, then you are either ignorant or naive. I hope none of our leaders look at the situation in the same way as you because I would fear for the lives of the millions of South Koreans and Japanese. If North Korea ever develops a nuke that can hit anywhere in the United States, we'll see how you feel then.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I remind you that we are talking about North Korea. If you don't see the problem with them, then you are either ignorant or naive. I hope none of our leaders look at the situation in the same way as you because I would fear for the lives of the millions of South Koreans and Japanese. If North Korea ever develops a nuke that can hit anywhere in the United States, we'll see how you feel then.
I'm responding to the thread subject here and you are rambling on about some bigger issue.

Do you think it is OK for the United States to fly planes into the sovereign airspace of another country after being warned not to?

I hope our country abides by the treaties they enter into, one being the UN Charter which prohibits a Country trespassing in another's sovereign territory.

Are you aware this is a violation of International law? No exceptions are made for N. Korea.

How should the N Koreans react to these intruders?

Old 04-01-2009, 10:44 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'm responding to the thread subject here and you are rambling on about some bigger issue.

Do you think it is OK for the United States to fly planes into the sovereign airspace of another country after being warned not to?

Are you aware this is a violation of International law? No exceptions are made for N. Korea.

How should the N Koreans react to these intruders?
Yes I do think it is okay for the US to fly planes over North Korea. I'm not rambling. I'm looking at it realistically. They are threatening to invade south korea and to attack japan. We need to put all our satellites on them. We need to blanket the entire country with spy planes and UAVs.

Last edited by Bostonian123; 04-01-2009 at 10:52 PM..

Old 04-01-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Yes I do think it is okay for the US to fly planes over North Korea. I'm not rambling. I'm looking at it realistically. They are threatening to invade south korea and to attack japan. I hope we are blanketing the entire country with spy planes and UAVs to monitor the situation.

Fine. You are not for the Rule of Law you are rationalizing breaking the law.

This is what an "authoritarian" does. And you'll fit fine in the GOP today.

You also are dabbling in a little paranoia...We would know in an hour if N. Korea was mobilizing for an "invasion" without having to violate their airspace.
Also N Korea has been saying crazy things for decades....LOL

You're a victim of right wing scary stories that has you convinced N. Korea is a credible, threat to any Nation at this time.....Pure B.S. and right wing blood lust and warmongering

...You would have thought Iraq would have taught you something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies