Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:03 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Well I think that answer is clearer now than it ever was. How many people voted for Obama? Are you going to allow the 40 odd percent decide what the 50 odd percent said yes to? I think it's actually more than 50 odd percent if you consider R's who vote straight ticket no matter what bag of leaves is running.

BTW, yes I do hire blacks, and I also fire them. It's all up to them, because it's not blacks I'm hiring, it's employees. I invite friends to dinner parties, not a creed, race, gender. Sunil isn't very friendly, is he?

To hateful people I am not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 07:11 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
[quote=Tin Knocker;8206214]
Quote:
Umm,
Because this is now & that was then. Do you suppose the Egyptians should still answer for enslaving the Jews?

Why don't you ask them?

Quote:
the FACT is that we ARE an equal oportunity country. If having a black President doesn't prove that nothing will. NONE of the supposedly truly civil countries in Europe has ever had a black leader.
No country in Europe has an large, now indigenous black population that has shaped its history and culture to the extent that America's black population has. That comparison holds no weight.

Quote:
Another fact is that its simply human nature to gravitate towards those similar to yourself & nothing is going to change that. Thats not an excuse for hatred, but in reality the hate some folks sensationalize is miniscule in comparison to that in most other countries.

Just because you don't understand the impact of that hate in this society doesn't mean that it is not there, or has not been an integral part of our history.

As well, there are many criteria we can use to establish similarity. Skin color is but one of them.

We're not talking about other countries. We're talking about this one.

Quote:
Once again America is on the forefront yet some people refuse to see it.
On the forefront of what?

There is no such thing as "that was then," etc. One reason China is so powerful is that they think in terms of thousands of years, not decades or centuries. The past affects the present, whether it was last year, 10 years ago, or hundreds of years ago. You can parrot all that conservative, erroneous BS all you want, but the fact is, you blamed black people for the racism they have endured, and continued to endure, and you got called out on it. America claims to be the be all and end all for greatness in the world, but as long as racists continue to have any impact at all, that claim will ring hollow.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 804 times
i totally agree with your thoughts on blacks taking some words to far and we used troward each other every day but get mad if others races use them. if you dont want to be called that stop using it first...

Old 12-10-2009, 09:27 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatheusPeace View Post
How about Chris Rock at the Laugh Factory in '07? He said things that I can't mention on here about whites.

I forget the guy's name, but the Kramer guy from Seinfeld, he also did a comedy show somewhere, and said "n*****", and he was publicly embarassed by the media and a few black people.

I'm just trying to point out the so-called "racism" that's happened. Saying "n*****" is unacceptable, but Chris Rock's actions were unacceptable as well.

Kramer did not say it as a joke he actually referred to someone there

Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
The only true racists left in this country today are black people who refuse to work hard and control their own destiny.

Racism is about power, and today a black person can keep a white person out of virtually any school or any job just because they are black. That is unchecked power, taken by people who would rather scare you than earn their way.

There are still white racists left in this country, but they are self-hating whites, and the people they actually do hate are other white people.
Ohh Please tell me where in this country that blacks can keep a whiteman from employment or education. This would truely be a first!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its because right after mr king did his great works, when he was gone the civil rights movement was high jacked by black leaders. white males were kicked out ---the white femanists assisted the black leaders. from then on civil rights was black property. been like that ever since. you will never see a white woman swinging for making racial slurs ever. that is part of the deal.--- reference material the left hand of god by rabbi lerner.
Are you serious???? Just look at the make up of the senate/congress/supreme court Women make up over 1/2 of the population but yet STILL DO NOT get paid the same as men, black (as well as Hispanic) employment is ALWAYS higher then white unemployment eventhough they are minorities. I really suggesat that you check your facts and quit whinning about a situation that does not really exist

Old 12-10-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
OK, let's play this game....

Who is more qualified for the position?

The college educated Latina with 10 years of experience or the son(who just graduated at the bottom of his class at Party School Univ) of a friend of a golfing buddy of the owner of the company.

Many unqualified children of priviledge have gotten their positions because of WHO they(or their parents) knew and not WHAT they knew. And then the Black woman or Latino man, etc. has to train (ie share all of their years of hard earned knowledge and experience) with the spoiled brat children of the Captains of Industry.

This scenario is repeated over and over, much more so than an unqualified Black woman in a high paying, undeserved position.
Enter former president BUSH

Old 12-11-2009, 03:35 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Yes its gone to far. This is 1929.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:40 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,462,974 times
People can not be forced to get along--they either do, or they don't. Just a fact of life. --I get along pretty much, with most people. some I just don't like, but that is between me and them, and I don't make a federal case out of it.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:47 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatheusPeace View Post
I am startled to see the amount of racial comments being exchanged between primarily blacks and whites. There is also a lot of racism towards those of Muslim descent. I just don't understand it all anymore. I mean sure it's offensive to all of us, but when we will get a grip?

My question is: Why is it that when a black person says something while on television or radio like "cracker" or "whitey" or "white motherf*****" or something alike, it's considered comedy, but when a white person says something like "n*****" or "monkey" or "chocolate" or something alike, it's considered racism? I mean there's an equal amount of discrimination between the both, but it's just getting to the point where you can't describe a black person without getting sent to court, or threatened, or criticized.

I have absolutely nothing against black people, but I just feel that many are taking advantage of the fact that their ancestors were slaves to our ancestors hundreds of years ago. And then they dare ask for restitution? Sure, if some of their ancestors were alive, but they've got it good. I say this because if they went to Africa, they'd be living in hell.

Is it greed that drives people to search for different ways to be discriminated against so they can press charges? Is it just that the people who do these things are conceded and spoiled? Or is it really offensive?

I don't care if I get called anything that I mentioned above, because I don't honestly care. I just don't see why many (not all) black people think that every word about their skin color is racist?

I'd appreciate honest opinions, and please no insults!
As is the case with so many things, I think all you have to do is follow the money. There is big money to be grabbed in this 'racism' game.

PS - Let me add that I don't think we are talking about most blacks. Most blacks are able to compete in this capitalistic society and are doing ok. I would imagine that most of these folks are just as 'put off' by the antics of this vocal minority as you and most others are.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies