Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:43 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The only thing that I find to be CRASS is the anti-Obama hate parade.

No matter what Obama had given to the Queen, the Hater Parade would have issues and nasty comments.

Sarah Palin would have dragged a dead moose across the grounds of Buckingham Palace and the Republicans would have called that "charming".

Great post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,278 posts, read 6,211,973 times
Actually the Queen just might have a stuffed moose head. They are big hunting and chase fans.

I think it was a perfectly nice gift since it was really the digital equivalent of a photo album and was paired with a more culturally related item (the Rodgers songbook.) If he'd given her anything too frou-frou or a gilded chalice it would have completely been out of character.

The only first couples who seemed an easy fit with the royals appear to be the Kennedys and the Reagans. Which is funny because they are both similar in age to them.

554 posts, read 2,501,358 times
What exactly was he supposed to give her? I'm sure she has everything she already needs.

At least he gave her a gift, as something is better than nothing. Yes she may be the Queen of England, but honestly, anything he would have given her would have probably brought on complaints anyway.

I think it was a thoughtful gift. A simple gift for a time when people should start living more "simple" lives.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:45 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,825 times
Default A gift from his heart.

What can you give the Queen of England that she doesn't have already?

Think about that!

Obama gave the Queen a product that he likes. Maybe something he thought she didn't have already.

Come on man!

Darn, can he do anything to please conservatives?

Old 04-01-2009, 06:47 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
She has the London Symphony Orchestra at her disposal, what the hell does she need a "stocking stuffer" quality gift? Is this what NObama really thinks of the British people? Give them a cheap gizmo and they will be impressed?
Well, it beats what Bush gave her, a pitch fork...

Old 04-01-2009, 06:49 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
This is the Queen's second Ipod, hun .... really, take a pill. And what would be a gift that wouldn't get your bloomers in a bunch? The only thing I find "huh" about it is the fact that Ipods are made in China. At the very least, he could have given her an American made prod ..... wait ... what's made in America? Oh yea, Barack Obama could have given the Queen a Vermont Teddy Bear! There ... all better now?
....She might like one,,,,,?
She seems like a fun person.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:53 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
....She might like one,,,,,?
She seems like a fun person.
After watching the film, The Queen (most excellent btw) and the PBS/BBC documentary, the Royals at Work .... I think she's as much fun as she needs to be. From what I understand, that picture of she and Philip is standard issue for state guests. She should have given his a can of Spotted Dick and some Marmite to take home!

Oh let's see where the filthy minds wander to with that one in the overnight!

And with that ... good night all!!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 06:58 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
After watching the film, The Queen (most excellent btw) and the PBS/BBC documentary, the Royals at Work .... I think she's as much fun as she needs to be. From what I understand, that picture of she and Philip is standard issue for state guests. She should have given his a can of Spotted Dick and some Marmite to take home!

Oh let's see where the filthy minds wander to with that one in the overnight!

And with that ... good night all!!!!
I loved those shows, I wasn't meaning to make fun.
I respect them greatly and perhaps she would like a Bear.
Afterall she probably has everything else right?

Old 04-01-2009, 06:59 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sarah Palin would have dragged a dead moose across the grounds of Buckingham Palace and the Republicans would have called that "charming".
:smac k:

Really where is your link? What a STUPID statement! Cannot resist throwing her in any chance you get can you lefties. Let me refresh she was running for VP NOT President

Old 04-01-2009, 07:04 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
I can hear this being echoed in the halls of the White House..."The Queen is coming, quick, someone run to Walmart and pick her out a gift!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies