Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 08:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinguy2009 View Post
I miss the days when Bushes were in the white house - now THERE was a family who understood all the formalities of foreign royalty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 09:02 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Obama bows to King Abdullah

Those darn repbubs just got me so mixed up...first they are so SHOCKED that Michelle didn't follow protocol (what WILL the British think of us!)...then they are just so SHOCKED that Barrie DID follow protocol...
They say it doesn't matter what other countries think of us ......then shriek about "what will other countries think of us!" "how DARE Michelle show such disrespect!"

Is the hate just eating away their brains????

Old 04-02-2009, 09:04 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Obama bows to King Abdullah

Those darn repbubs just got me so mixed up...first they are so SHOCKED that Michelle didn't follow protocol (what WILL the British think of us!)...then they are just so SHOCKED that Barrie DID follow protocol...
They say it doesn't matter what other countries think of us ......then shriek about "what will other countries think of us!" "how DARE Michelle show such disrespect!"

Is the hate just eating away their brains????
I know, if it wasn't so damn funny, I'd be crying at the absurdity of it all.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:15 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Well, how about the issue of communism. That has nothing to do with skin color. It does have a lot to do with his upbringing.

Yes, we would all like to know that we have a sovereign nation left at the end of this meeting. And it is thanks to the Marines and other branches of the military that we have a nation worthy to be saved. And God save the Queen too. She has weathered many storms and showed honor to many heads of state.

You can say anything you want to about George Bush, Jr., but his wife was one of the best First Ladies our country has ever had. The behavior of the Obama supporters when they left town was just about the lowest class behavior I have ever heard about. It was a day to be positive, but they turned it into something trashy.

I wish happiness for the Bush family and I wish a fast four years for the rest of us. May it go as fast as possible, and may we have a free country left when it is over.
Laura Bush Totally Looks Like The Joker

Old 04-02-2009, 09:21 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
The Queen throws up a block anticipating Bush's desire to touch.

President George W. Bush and Laura Bush visit with Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh Prince Phillip in St. George's Hall at WIndsor Castle in Windsor, England. White House photo by Eric Draper

Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Michelle Obama is clearly a rock star in England.

I am so proud that she is our First Lady.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:56 PM

Looks like the start of a left jab to his nose.....and well deserved!

Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 PM

76 posts, read 162,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
That's a really oxymoron type of a Post. It was the Republicans who let the VA sink down to the depths that it had. Again your a classic example of a Republican with short term memory loss. You forgot Walter Reed and the Mess it was in and guess what? It happened under George Bush. Bush must had been side track looking for those WMD's in Iraq It was the Dem out of Virginia Jim Webb who authored the Updated Version of the GI Bill. The GOP in general were never very supportive of the VA going back at least 8 years anyway...

Your little rant about flag waving is nothing short of you being a fascists coming out from hiding...

Also, that little constitution thing your waving around. Bush did a pretty good job of decimating the constitution. You know, that little of "Right to Due Process, wiretapping US Citizens and oh yea, that little Torture thing.
Hah,
I take it you never had the stones to put on the uniform of our great nation, but it's not for everone, just as well, you probably believed the line Sen Kerry made about if you aren't smart enough to get to college, you wind up in the military. Now there is a contradiction, the guy was a Riverine in 'Nam, well decorated, threw away his medals, & invalidated what Veteran's had hoped to see in a presidential candidate. He had a shot at the whitehouse. How pathetic.

Always want to Demonize Bush, well sir it so happens that the VA Health Administration & Veterans Benefits Administration was allocated a Bigger budget under his tenure to treat more returning PolyTrauma & SCI Combat Veterans, & has had a Seamless Transition Program in place for Years. We see & treat many Veterans with TBI & PTSD, With a 96% overall approval rating on customer satisfaction VA wide, We provide a lot of care to a lot of Veteran's. For you to bash the VA Healthcare System in the kind of vicious swipe you made, typifys the Liberal passive disdain & for those
who serve. Would have the cojones to volunteer a few hours a week in a VA & make a difference? You can get college credit as a work study there.

That Debacle at Walter Reed while in the Bush Presidency,was not because of inaction on the President's part. It was the Army's bungle, & a decision made my a lower ranking officer to house returning soldiers in substandard housing, & all those involved were held accountable, so don't mix apples with oranges. WMD's may or may have not been where they wer looking for them, but there was compelling evidence to support that the capability to disperse them was there.

There you go, blame it on the Republicans. The VA was in trouble because there was a failure of bipartisan support for many years in House & Senate for mandated funding for VA. The VA still gets by on discretionary funding, will continue as long as legisltors ignore this issue. If the GOP had not been supportive of the VA, then tell me how come we hired more Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Therapists, & allocated more money for disability benefits? Resorting to "the GOP in general" comment is weak. Are you also familiar with Sen Daniel Akaka (D) Hawaii, intoduced legislation fo enhanced Veterans access to Health Care? It was passed by House & Senate & will be implemented in 2-3 months ? Have you visited the VA website lately?

Of course, one so educated & brilliant as you would resort to name calling. Facist? Get real In spite of what you choose to believe, you already made up your mind. My Son went to Mosul, he was in Iraq a year. Sure we needed to get out of there long ago. Guess what, BO is keeping them there longer, & will send more troops to Afghanistan.

Oh, one more thing, I didn't agree with everything Bush did, & certainly not the far reaching investigative powers to wire tap, & you must be naive to think that waterboarding is torture, it's nothing compared to the torture & behadings inflicted on our captured Amreicans. When you talk to a Soldier, a Marine, A Sailor, an Airman who has been there they tell you of the good they did, in doing PsyOps & Hummanitarian service efforts, medical attention for the civilians.

So, having countered your response, I won't lower myself to you level by name calling, I'll politely excuse myself because I see no point in trying reason any further. You go out & get a good education now sunshine!

Well, time to go clean my guns & read my bible.

Gnight & Cheers.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted_Son View Post
Hah,
I take it you never had the stones to put on the uniform of our great nation, but it's not for everone, just as well, you probably believed the line Sen Kerry made about if you aren't smart enough to get to college, you wind up in the military. Now there is a contradiction, the guy was a Riverine in 'Nam, well decorated, threw away his medals, & invalidated what Veteran's had hoped to see in a presidential candidate. He had a shot at the whitehouse. How pathetic.

Always want to Demonize Bush, well sir it so happens that the VA Health Administration & Veterans Benefits Administration was allocated a Bigger budget under his tenure to treat more returning PolyTrauma & SCI Combat Veterans, & has had a Seamless Transition Program in place for Years. We see & treat many Veterans with TBI & PTSD, With a 96% overall approval rating on customer satisfaction VA wide, We provide a lot of care to a lot of Veteran's. For you to bash the VA Healthcare System in the kind of vicious swipe you made, typifys the Liberal passive disdain & for those
who serve. Would have the cojones to volunteer a few hours a week in a VA & make a difference? You can get college credit as a work study there.

That Debacle at Walter Reed while in the Bush Presidency,was not because of inaction on the President's part. It was the Army's bungle, & a decision made my a lower ranking officer to house returning soldiers in substandard housing, & all those involved were held accountable, so don't mix apples with oranges. WMD's may or may have not been where they wer looking for them, but there was compelling evidence to support that the capability to disperse them was there.

There you go, blame it on the Republicans. The VA was in trouble because there was a failure of bipartisan support for many years in House & Senate for mandated funding for VA. The VA still gets by on discretionary funding, will continue as long as legisltors ignore this issue. If the GOP had not been supportive of the VA, then tell me how come we hired more Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Therapists, & allocated more money for disability benefits? Resorting to "the GOP in general" comment is weak. Are you also familiar with Sen Daniel Akaka (D) Hawaii, intoduced legislation fo enhanced Veterans access to Health Care? It was passed by House & Senate & will be implemented in 2-3 months ? Have you visited the VA website lately?

Of course, one so educated & brilliant as you would resort to name calling. Facist? Get real In spite of what you choose to believe, you already made up your mind. My Son went to Mosul, he was in Iraq a year. Sure we needed to get out of there long ago. Guess what, BO is keeping them there longer, & will send more troops to Afghanistan.

Oh, one more thing, I didn't agree with everything Bush did, & certainly not the far reaching investigative powers to wire tap, & you must be naive to think that waterboarding is torture, it's nothing compared to the torture & behadings inflicted on our captured Amreicans. When you talk to a Soldier, a Marine, A Sailor, an Airman who has been there they tell you of the good they did, in doing PsyOps & Hummanitarian service efforts, medical attention for the civilians.

So, having countered your response, I won't lower myself to you level by name calling, I'll politely excuse myself because I see no point in trying reason any further. You go out & get a good education now sunshine!

Well, time to go clean my guns & read my bible.

Gnight & Cheers.
And this has WHAT to do with Michelle mud wrestling Queen Lizzy???

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Oh BTW, an American does NOT have to put on a uniform to be brave or to fight for American ideals....it does NOT automatically make one a hero, moral, or better than others! It does NOT make their opinion more insightful, more important than others'.!!!..

Old 04-02-2009, 10:15 PM

76 posts, read 162,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And this has WHAT to do with Michelle mud wrestling Queen Lizzy???

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Oh BTW, an American does NOT have to put on a uniform to be brave or to fight for American ideals....it does NOT automatically make one a hero, moral, or better than others! It does NOT make their opinion more insightful, more important than others'.!!!..
Somehow we got off topic.
I Never said it did. We just need to remind ourselves WHY we ARE Americans, & remember those who put themselves in harms way
for us to reamain that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies