Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 11:02 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumud View Post
Of course they are royalty!
Every time I see pictures of them,they seem to be smiling as if to say:
''Now take that haters .We're here to stay and will let all of your attacks roll off our backs''
And I can understand how that would make mfers **** in their pants!
So get down on your hands and knees everyday and pray to the Obama Gods. I mean it is all because of them we are here today and they have saved us from the end of the world.

Unbelieveable how they have so many Americans fooled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 11:04 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
then why don't we elect one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
It's nice to have leaders who aren't lying, loudmouthed, bullying, thieving, bragging, ignorant louts. I'm sure the rest of the world does like him better. I'm sure the courtesy and forbearance they've shown the USA the past 8 years was based on the preceding 200 years of compassion and strength by this country and not the arrogance and selfishness that defined those greedy thugs and their followers.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:43 AM

71 posts, read 209,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
So get down on your hands and knees everyday and pray to the Obama Gods. I mean it is all because of them we are here today and they have saved us from the end of the world.

Unbelieveable how they have so many Americans fooled.

You betcha! wink! wink!

Last edited by Kumud; 05-15-2009 at 12:58 PM..

Old 05-15-2009, 11:46 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,874 times
F! no there not royal family. They are a trend!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 11:49 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Unhappy You're upset, aren't you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
has the media gone off the deep end? Are they in the tank for Obama no matter what? Evidently...
And if they are in fact the "Royal family of the U.S. we need these tea parties more than anyone thought.

CNN correspondent Alina Cho loaded the regal language into her report on Wednesday's American Morning about Europe's "apparent love affair" with Michelle Obama. Besides the obligatory Jackie Kennedy references, Cho gave a preview of the First :ady's tea with Queen Elizabeth II: "On today's schedule: tea with the queen, and insiders say the queen and America's queen bee will be fast friends." The correspondent even compared Mrs. Obama to Princess Diana. She also referred to the Obamas as the "royal family of the United States."

Chris Matthews, on Wednesday's Hardball, admitted Barack Obama, along with his wife Michelle this time, gave him yet another "thrill." The MSNBC host gleefully described his feelings at seeing the Obamas arrive in England for the G20 summit: "Well there is something cool when they were both -- there's a nice '60s term. When they were both walking to the helicopter the other day, Marine One, there was something like, when he looked at her, you could just tell he said, 'Isn't this something?' You know you could tell like they were experiencing the, I'm getting old here. The grooviness, the excitement of being this First American Couple heading towards Marine One, which is cool in itself, heading from there to Air Force One, to a quick flight across the Atlantic, on your own plane. And to meet with the world leaders as like the centerpiece of the world. What? I get, I'm saying it again, I'm getting a thrill."

"There is so much to cover on this day," ABC anchor Charles Gibson announced Tuesday night from London as the network anchors and reporters reflected their awe over how, as NBC anchor Brian Williams put it, "In a marathon, the President meets with the leaders of Britain, Russia, China, then the Queen, and the summit hasn't started yet." NBC's Chuck Todd then admired how "the President was able to do a diplomatic decathlon, packing in a week's worth of international diplomacy into 12 hours," before he hailed how "America's unofficial royalty, the President and First Lady, reconnected tonight for more ceremonial duties, including a private audience with actual royalty, the Queen herself." CBS and NBC devoted full stories to what the CBS Evening News dubbed on screen as "Michelle Mania." Katie Couric teased: "The British give America's First Lady a welcome fit for a Queen." On NBC, Williams echoed: "There is no denying the Obamas from America are receiving a rock star reception on this trip. One London paper today called them 'American royalty.'"

NBC's Keith Miller, on Wednesday's Today show, was caught up in a moment of simultaneous Obama-mania and Kennedy nostalgia as he reported about the Obamas' arrival in Britain for the G20 summit as he declared: "What the Obamas bring to Buckingham Palace is a charisma not seen since the Kennedys, when the First Lady, Jacqueline, dazzled the royal court." Miller, of course, wasn't alone in his cheeriness as he included two soundbites from other members of the press, including Victoria Mather of Vanity Fair, who wondered if the Queen herself will be able to contain herself: "This is gonna be the most exciting encounter of her long and successful reign. I think she'll be absolutely fascinated." And the New York Times' John Burns was so starry-eyed he was reduced to making astronomical comparisons: "There is a lot of stardust there, and my guess is that the Obamas will attract the sort of adulation in Europe that the Kennedys did."

And on more tax cheats for the Obama Administration:
On Wednesday's Morning Joe, MSNBC co-host Mika Brzezinski twice made it very clear that she has no interest in the revelation that Kathleen Sebelius, Barack Obama's nominee for Health and Human Services, is just the latest pick for the President's cabinet to have tax problems. During a news brief in the 6am hour, Brzezinski related the story and that Sebelius just paid over $7,000 in back taxes. She then editorialized to her co-hosts: "Around the table, does anyone care?" Morning Joe regulars Mike Barnicle and Willie Geist both replied no. Geist then added: "Get over it." Despite expressing how much she didn't care, Brzezinski repeated the story in the 7am EDT hour and also the same stunt. After briefly explaining the particulars, she complained: "Again, around the table, does anyone care?"

Turn that frown upside down.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:50 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
the obama's are the default morons that currently reside in the white house.
Well then, doesn't that make them royalty?

Old 05-15-2009, 11:55 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Not so much that I hate it, it's that they bill these shows as news and they're clearly not anymore.

It's cable. What'd ya expect. You might as well watch public access for news.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:58 AM

749 posts, read 947,160 times
http://blooblud.nyfsblogs.com/files/2008/11/oliphant-obama-worship435.gif (broken link)

Old 05-15-2009, 12:38 PM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
why would anyone care that our pres and the first lady are well thought of. petty

Old 05-15-2009, 01:15 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
It seems to really upset some of our fellow posters that the president they didn't vote for has a good approval rating and is popular with the public.

Country First, anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies