Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 05:42 PM

5,224 posts, read 4,987,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
first of all, since when do we follow the constitution? secondly, perhaps you should do your history homework. that's the declaration of independence, not the constitution. jesus, I hope you didn't vote, and if you did, I got a good feeling who you voted for. the party of government education.

Declaration of Independence is the principles in which we seperated from Britian on and those same principles are reflected in the U.S Constitution.

Maybe he voted for the party of "government education" as he so called it.. and I could tell you voted for the "party where only the priveledged deserve a good education"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 05:47 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,826,962 times
two different documents. one penned by jefferson, one by madison. I think you all are thinking more along the lines of "we the people." by good education, are you talking about our current 18th international ranking? how proud you must be. I wrote in a candidate, so your assumption is WAY off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Declaration of Independence is the principles in which we seperated from Britian on and those same principles are reflected in the U.S Constitution.

Maybe he voted for the party of "government education" as he so called it.. and I could tell you voted for the "party where only the priveledged deserve a good education"

Old 04-04-2009, 05:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,155,108 times
Quote:
Um.. when was the last time you had a student matriculated in a school.. becasue a lot of schools require annual physicals and updates of all shots and vaccinations to attend. My 3 year old needed it before he enter daycare/preschool program.

That also goes for summer camp programs, etc.
I have a son in HS. He's needed the shots but never required a physical.
Only the kids in sports required physicals. I'm in Texas so maybe the requirement for a physical is on a per state basis.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
$250 does not sound like too much money to me, especially considering your vast and varied problems.

My quotes for doctors visits come from my recent doctors visits. The $40 is for my GP. The $60 is for a recent orthopedics visit. I didn't pay all that b/c I have insurance, but the totals were right on the bill.

We also have sliding-scale clinics, family doctor groups who will do full physicals plus labs for $50 (including well-woman)...

Again, tort reform and a population willing to pay for something as important as their health go a long way to making the system work.
Glad you don't think so Stan.. but that is about 50% of some people's paycheck. (if they bring home $500/a week, say.. a typical adminstrative assistant's paycheck).. which, btw.. I don't currently have a job (looking for employment)

Let's not forget that all my supplies, without insurance, costs me approx $500/month or more (there's test strips, pump supplies, insulin alone runs me $190/month).

And again.. that doesn't include any tests that I'll need. That's just for him to sit and talk with me, stick some pins in my feet to make sure I still have feeling in my toes, take my blood pressure .. check my lymphnodes around my neck and look with his little light for any unusual "specks" in my eyes (that is a "quick test" for diabetic retinopathy.. ).. take my weight and ask a couple of questions about what my blood sugars have been running lately.. etc.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:51 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
oh, and only the wealthy get good education. that will never change because all the best schools are private. the only party responsible for that is the party that is pro-union. as to the topic, health insurance is not a right. no one who goes to the doctor is denied health care.

Quote:

Old 04-04-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
two different documents. one penned by jefferson, one by madison. I think you all are thinking more along the lines of "we the people." by good education, are you talking about our current 18th international ranking? how proud you must be. I wrote in a candidate, so your assumption is WAY off.
No. you are for "vouchers" and "privitization".

it's acceptable to you that we are ranked in the 40's on healthcare?? Because our healthcare rating is far worse than our education rating.

And privitizing will only take the health care problem and transfer it to the education problem.. then watch how our numbers drop.

but.. alas.. the education thing was debated on another thread where I rpovided links to studies in the difference in curriculum between the top rated (btw. NOT PROFIT) government education systems and ours.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
No. you are for "vouchers" and "privitization"... so if you "wrote in " your candidate and you want to refer to anyone who is for "government education" than you voted for someone.. whatever party they are in.. that is for education for the priveledged

it's acceptable to you that we are ranked in the 40's on healthcare?? Because our healthcare rating is far worse than our education rating.

And privitizing will only take the health care problem and transfer it to the education problem.. then watch how our numbers drop.

but.. alas.. the education thing was debated on another thread where I pdovided links to studies in the difference in curriculum between the top rated (btw. NOT PROFIT) government education systems and ours.

90,316 posts, read 120,244,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I have a son in HS. He's needed the shots but never required a physical.
Only the kids in sports required physicals. I'm in Texas so maybe the requirement for a physical is on a per state basis.
Preschools, camps, and the like frequently require physicals. The public schools in this state do NOT require them, except for kids playing sports.

how about you ask yourself a question. why would we trust the government who destroyed health care, to fix it? what do I care what we are ranked in health care? you think more government is going to fix that? I don't even have health care and I don't think it's a right.

Quote:
No. you are for "vouchers" and "privitization".

but.. alas.. the education thing was debated on another thread where I rpovided links to studies in the difference in curriculum between the top rated (btw. NOT PROFIT) government education systems and ours.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:59 PM

it was a protest vote. my write in candidate has been dead for 150 years. I will continue to write him in until we are given a choice in candidates. not two republocrats.

Quote:
No. you are for "vouchers" and "privitization"... so if you "wrote in " your candidate and you want to refer to anyone who is for "government education" than you voted for someone.. whatever party they are in.. that is for education for the priveledged

but.. alas.. the education thing was debated on another thread where I pdovided links to studies in the difference in curriculum between the top rated (btw. NOT PROFIT) government education systems and ours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies