Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 02:08 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,396,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
We never know how much the President and the adminstrations travel cost the tax payers. NEVER. Every year the adminstration travels to some form of summit. This G20 summit, i believe is the first of its kind due to whats going on. However the President will travel with a large team including the secret service, CIA, FBI when visiting these countries. This is not outside of the norm if that is what your asking.
Perhaps this is something we should address. If he needs security why cant he provide his own? Before you or someone else says it I felt & expressed the same views for Bush. These guys are not Kings & if their lives are in such great danger that a handfull of security is insufficient any of them is affluent enough to spend a couple hundred thou of their own money for security.

On another note, people have teleconfrences across the world every day. There is absolutely no need him to go anywhere. Its an all expense paid BS session & nothing more.
We are broke, if its so important that he be there let someone else foot the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 02:11 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No, i would not have complained if he stayed in the whit house working for the people that elected him during the worst financial crisis in 70 years. Instead, he is palling around Europe selling our soveringhty to the lowest bidder
I know that this may be asking too much, but from time to time when you get a chance to crawl out from under the bridge do you ever get a chance to watch the news or read a paper perchance?

Today's G20 deal will solve financial crisis, claims Gordon Brown | World news | guardian.co.uk

Obama: G-20 summit a 'turning point' - Europe- msnbc.com

EUobserver

G20 leaders promise action on economic crisis

Maybe even Fox News

Obama Joins World Leaders Tackling Economic Crisis - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/04/02/obama-joins-world-leaders-tackling-economic-crisis/ - broken link)

Old 04-03-2009, 02:11 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,396,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Palling around? It's a summit of leaders from around the world. He's the president, duh!
So he's palling around with other figureheads. Its still ridiculous given the current finances in our country. Its NO different than the bonuses GM got in all the trouble over. Our elected officials deserve their paychecks no more than corporate execs deserve those bonuses.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:15 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,538,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
So he's palling around with other figureheads. Its still ridiculous given the current finances in our country. Its NO different than the bonuses GM got in all the trouble over. Our elected officials deserve their paychecks no more than corporate execs deserve those bonuses.
You do know what the summit was about, right?

Old 04-03-2009, 02:18 PM

707 posts, read 1,020,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I just thought it was cute he brought along 12, yes 12 teleprompters. He's such a planner. 500 staff + 250 security guards and 12 little teleprompters

I decided to track this story on the internet to see if its just that a story. Where are you guys getting this 500 staff count as well as the 12 teleprompter. You would think it was on FOX, but haven't found it there either.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,596,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Perhaps this is something we should address. If he needs security why cant he provide his own? Before you or someone else says it I felt & expressed the same views for Bush. These guys are not Kings & if their lives are in such great danger that a handfull of security is insufficient any of them is affluent enough to spend a couple hundred thou of their own money for security.

On another note, people have teleconfrences across the world every day. There is absolutely no need him to go anywhere. Its an all expense paid BS session & nothing more.
We are broke, if its so important that he be there let someone else foot the bill.
I could not have said it better myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies