Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:21 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You wish. But don't place any bets.
Quote:
As though there is no hypocracy surrounding any DEMOCRATS?
1. I'm not "wishing" anything. These are facts. The GOP is moving as fast as they can to get AWAY from Sarah Palin.

2. Democrats are NOT the topic of this thread. If you want to bash DEMs, go start YOUR OWN thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 04:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Bobby Kennedy .... Levi Johnston
Levi Johnston ... Bobby Kennedy

One banged a starlet, both were of age, the other is a teenage boy banging the governor's teenage daughter who encouraged them to go at it in the privacy of their own home while said mother campaigned on a platform of abstinence only sex education knowing the monkey bidness going on in her own home.

Yea ... lots in common there cruster!
And you know this is true because....? (Your answer here)

Old 04-06-2009, 04:41 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times
Quote:
How do you know what Sarah Palin advocates or does not advocate? Are you in her personal life?

How do you know what her gubernatorial campaign was based on? Were you in Alaska at that time?

How do you know that Sara Palin "encouraged" her daughter to "share a room" with her boyfriend? How do you know that they did share a room (pure speculation and hearsay). Do you know this family personally?
There's no need to know the Palin family personally. Their friends and relatives are all over the airwaves with specifics of the inner workings of their family. And Palin herself is constantly talking in front of camera's about what she does and doesn't believe/advocate. But, I admit she does do her fair share of tap dancing around certain issues.

Here you go,

YouTube - Sarah Palin Explains Why Women Should Be Forced To Bear Their Rapists' Babies

2. Palin On Abortion: I'd Oppose Even If My Own Daughter Was Raped
Quote:
In that same 2006 questionnaire, the soon-to-be governor said she would fund abstinence-only education programs in schools. "The explicit sex-ed programs," she added, "will not find my support."
3. Some would think allowing two horney teenagers to share a bedroom is tantemount to encouraging them to have sex. I know there is no way on earth that my teenage sons would have been allowed to share a bedroom wih a girlfriend unless, of course, an armed guard was in the middle of the room with specific instructions to keep the two horney teens on opposite sides of the room.
News - Levi Johnston: Sarah Palin Let Bristol and Me Share a Room | Usmagazine.com
Quote:
Levi Johnston admits he and Bristol Palin were allowed to share a room at Sarah's Alaskan home even though she probably knew they were having sex.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:27 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
How do you know what Sarah Palin advocates or does not advocate? Are you in her personal life?

How do you know what her gubernatorial campaign was based on? Were you in Alaska at that time?

How do you know that Sara Palin "encouraged" her daughter to "share a room" with her boyfriend? How do you know that they did share a room (pure speculation and hearsay). Do you know this family personally?
Hey, let me grasp that last straw for you ...

here ...

Old 04-06-2009, 06:21 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,186 times
I think it is time for Levi's mama to set Palin in her place. Bristol should be the one having a fit with her baby daddy not granny. imo
The msm is having a field day with this.
I read somewhere that Alaska has a high dropout rate. Well we know of two in that count.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:22 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
I think it is time for Levi's mama to set Palin in her place. Bristol should be the one having a fit with her baby daddy not granny. imo
The msm is having a field day with this.
I read somewhere that Alaska has a high dropout rate. Well we know of two in that count.
Hey.

Somebody's got to set an example for the youth of Alaska...

Old 04-06-2009, 11:14 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
None of the hypocritical wingnuts ever practice what they preach. They're just a bunch of sick pups and freaks who want to control everyone ELSE's life while they go off and do as they please. Case in point: "Rev" Ted Haggard.

I guess Moses took the commandant against hypocrisy off the tablet before he came down the from the mount.

Could be there was a 3rd tablet with 5 more commandments on it, which Moses conveniently busted up into dust.
- Though shall not commit hypocrisy.
- Though shall not make war on mere guesses.
- Though shall not steal the Palestinian's land for thyself.
- Though shall not make loans to people who cannot repay them.
- Though shall not take more than thy needs for one's self and family.
First off stop stealing material from History of the World. Secondly it wasn't Palestinian land.Third- if you heard the reply about the interview from Palin;she said he was doing it for fame,and fortune. Hmmmm-it sounds just like Sarah's plan for herself-that's a hypocrite. When you're trailer trash you seam to hang with your kind and Levi and the Palins were a match made in heaven. As for using Moses in your context;try a different direction.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Pitbull Palin's pissed at daughter's baby's daddy.

Sarah Palin Lashes Out at Levi Johnston for Sex Talk on Tyra - Sarah Palin : People.com

Sarah Palin Lashes Out at Levi Johnston for Sex Talk on Tyra

That made me giggle a little.
Me, too. I think it's called 'locking the barn door after the horse is out'!

Quote:
Can't you people just drop it? Why is it that you find it so necessary to continue pursuing the Palin family? You people are like vultures.

Funny, though; we never hear anything like this from you about Democrats and their families, do we? Why is that? Are Democrats lillywhite?

I would also add that when Bill Clinton was exposed (no pun intended) for having indiscriminate relations all over the place, you people simply turned a blind eye, and were saying things like, "Everybody does it, so what?", and "His sex life is nobody else's business", "It doesn't keep him from doing his job as President", etc.

And what about Barney Frank? He had a little business going on working out of his home (which he claims he knew nothing about) a few years ago. Where were you people then?
I think you're making a broad generalization when you talk about "you people". I was appalled at Clinton's behavior. I can't imagine having to fend off a male boss, and said so at the time (which, BTW, was before CD, so how do you know how any of us felt about that?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
How is she a hypocrite? Bristol is old enough to take responsibility for her own actions. What gets liberals so very upset is what she did not do (get an abortion). She has held to her principles by raising her disabled child and also by doing the right thing when Bristol got knocked up. So what's the harm that was done? Bristol has a healthy baby that receives wonderful care in her grandmother's home. Bristol will most certainly do well after she finishes college. The one big loser in all this is Levi who doesn't have enough sense to hang on to a good thing.
Bristol was a minor child when she got pregnant. As far as college, Bristol hasn't even finished high school.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:42 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Show me ONE post that states Bristol should have had an abortion. You can't because NO ONE has said or posted she should have had an abortion. Your twisting and turning in the wind trying to take the focus off the topic of this thread. It's laughable how many 'you want her to have an abortion', 'yeah, but what about Obama, etc' responses there are to this topic. You want to discuss ProLife or ProChoice, you want to discuss your hatred of President Obama, go to the appropriate thread, there are dozens to pick from.

What the 'pugs are so relentlessly ignoring is the hyprocrisy known as Sarah Palin. She allows her 17 yr old daughter to share a bedroom with her boyfriend in her home but does not teach said daughter anything about birth control except abstinence. According to Bristol Palin, abstinence is NOT a realistic form of birth control.

Conservatives are quick to defend Wailin' Blamin' Sarah Palin's stand on abstinence only and to 'poo poo' Bristol's subsequent pregnancy. These same Conservatives are quick to slam the ethics and morals of poor teen age girls who also get pregnant out of wed lock.

HYPROCRISY THY NAME IS REPUBLICAN CONSERVATISM!!!!

So, are you saying only you are allowed to change the subject? Read your own post then see if you have standing to call someone a hypocrite.

"subsequent pregnancy"? Palin's stance on abstinence did not make Bristol pregnant. Levi and Bristol made Bristol pregnant by copulating. At some point Sarah and Bristol had a mother, daughter talk during which they discussed the available options for Bristol. Bristol failed to keep up her end of the arrangement.

When used as directed, abstinence is 100% effective. You can't say that about any other form of contraception. The problem is that she erred in her judgment. Teenagers do that. My question remains, what is the harm? Her family has supported her after the fact and last I heard mother and child were doing just fine.

The fact that you keep attacking with the same wishful accusation that conservatives are hypocrites indicates an emotional need on your part for that to be true. The whole thing seems to be a kinda personal problem.

ProChoice? Isn't that term a little intellectually dishonest? I'm anti-abortion. I don't care if you choose to have an abortion. That's between you and God. I care if you have an abortion. This sort of sick word play reminds me of the Nazis claiming to be "liquidating" Jews.

"I'm pretty sure she probably knew,"

I'm pretty sure and of the opinion that in all likelihood for the most part someone who qualifies an unsubstantiated accusation of that sort with "I'm pretty sure she probably..." could very well be trying to get on Oprah without being the subject of a slander suit. It's here say and nothing else.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:11 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So, are you saying only you are allowed to change the subject? Read your own post then see if you have standing to call someone a hypocrite.

"subsequent pregnancy"? Palin's stance on abstinence did not make Bristol pregnant. Levi and Bristol made Bristol pregnant by copulating. At some point Sarah and Bristol had a mother, daughter talk during which they discussed the available options for Bristol. Bristol failed to keep up her end of the arrangement.

When used as directed, abstinence is 100% effective. You can't say that about any other form of contraception. The problem is that she erred in her judgment. Teenagers do that. My question remains, what is the harm? Her family has supported her after the fact and last I heard mother and child were doing just fine.

The fact that you keep attacking with the same wishful accusation that conservatives are hypocrites indicates an emotional need on your part for that to be true. The whole thing seems to be a kinda personal problem.

ProChoice? Isn't that term a little intellectually dishonest? I'm anti-abortion. I don't care if you choose to have an abortion. That's between you and God. I care if you have an abortion. This sort of sick word play reminds me of the Nazis claiming to be "liquidating" Jews.

"I'm pretty sure she probably knew,"

I'm pretty sure and of the opinion that in all likelihood for the most part someone who qualifies an unsubstantiated accusation of that sort with "I'm pretty sure she probably..." could very well be trying to get on Oprah without being the subject of a slander suit. It's here say and nothing else.

You are aware that Sarah Palin was pregnant when she and Todd got married, aren't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies