Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 11:04 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
She was composed and well-trained enough to use a cell phone -- she should have also been as well-trained to use a gun and lives could have been saved. Or others should have been trained on how to use a gun -- and had guns.
Dialing a cell phone while hiding is not confronting a crazed gunman..Let it go. This frightened woman lobbing rounds downrange may have increased the chaos. The best thing would have been to have trained armed security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The point is, your government isn't going to stop me from from getting a gun or bullets for it any better than it can stop me from buying cocaine or meth if I should want to buy them. Read the meth legalization arguments -- you cannot stop the foreign cartels from bringing stuff in when there's a demand for it. Making something illegal only helps the black market.

Legalize guns -- even before legalizing meth.
Are you going to meth labs?? Are most citizens going to meth labs?? I think not. Guns are not illegal. Thats a myth. Also, anybody seeking to legalize meth is a fool. You can get a gun pretty much everywhere as long as you're not a felon and are willing to go through whatever processing. What's so wrong with that. Why is placing restrictions on carrying a device designed for killling so bad?

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Dialing a cell phone while hiding is not confronting a crazed gunman..Let it go. This frightened woman lobbing rounds downrange may have increased the chaos. The best thing would have been to have trained armed security.
Just drop it... we already know you lack the courage and guts to protect yourself so don't go around trying to pin your own shortcomings on other people. Many of us do have the capability of saving our own lives given the opportunity.

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
I heard he was trying to learn English by listening to tapes of Glenn Beck.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:13 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The police were there within two minutes and according to what I've read about this...sat outside for around an hour trying to figure out what to do.
Which usually is the case when the police is called to a hostage situation. I just can't understand why anybody believes that calling the police is a better alternative to self defense. Anybody with the proper training and a gun could have had a better chance to take that guy out before he killed 14 people, and a lot sooner than the police.

Nothing against the police, however. They come to an unfamiliar place, and have no idea of what is going on inside.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:13 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
Lets not blame this on guns. I find it horrible, but gun control won't ever work in this country.

This is a result of fear and hate mongering, nothing more, and a bunch of undeserving people are paying for the fear mongering of those on both sides of the political aisle.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Wow... it would suck to be in your household if it was ever violently burglarized.

"I.. I... I.. just couldn't compose myself to wield this scary instrument of death, I didn't want to risk hitting my commemorative Obama victory plate with a stray bullet..."
No it wouldn't. I'm very well trained and possess a gun but everybody shouldn't and doesn't want to. I also understand that my gun is more likely to hurt someone in my family then some "scary burglar". My Obama memorablia is in a very safe place I might add.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Are you going to meth labs?? Are most citizens going to meth labs?? I think not. Guns are not illegal. Thats a myth. Also, anybody seeking to legalize meth is a fool. You can get a gun pretty much everywhere as long as you're not a felon and are willing to go through whatever processing. What's so wrong with that. Why are placing restrictions on carrying a device designed for killling so bad?
I don't go to meth labs because I don't want any meth or any drugs but if guns are made illegal then I'll go to one and buy my gun or grenades there.

So we agree that guns should remain legal.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:16 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Headshots from police not receptionists. Trust me on this one, every police officer is happy that armor piercing rounds are illegal because they are most likely to be the targets of their menace. The dems did a great thing with that legislation. Also, police have access to them so your entire point is irrelavant.
If I was present it would have been me making the headshot on the murderer.

And any centerfire rifle pierces soft body armor, so, that law encourages criminals to switch to using rifles more than handguns. Only JBT cops support that law as it gives police a feeling of more power. A police state is not tolerable.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Just drop it... we already know you lack the courage and guts to protect yourself so don't go around trying to pin your own shortcomings on other people. Many of us do have the capability of saving our own lives given the opportunity.
Dude, you're the coward crying about your gun..LOL!! My family is very safe. You keep living in fear of the boogeyman while I keep LIVING!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies