Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 08:37 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
You're darn tootin' people are going to talk about overthrowing government and killing law enforcement if the conditions were bad enough. My father killed several AVH secret police and Soviet infantry in the Hungarian revolution of 1956 and I'd be more than happy to carry this great tradition if TPTB got 1/2 as bad as these scumbags got.

+ the empty suits in Congress and WH can get their rocks off passing all the laws they want. Patriots will get weapons one way or another, end of story.
So will drug dealers, armed robbers, rapists, sociopaths, psychopaths, and all types of other semi-human vermin.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. ~Samuel Johnson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 08:45 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit attrocities" ~Voltaire
Wisdom remains eternal.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:44 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Right wing lunatic ambushes three Pittsburgh cops with bogus 911 call.

"Friends say the gunman recently had been upset about losing his job and that he feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns."

Gunman 'lying in wait' kills 3 Pittsburgh officers

Way to go fellas!
So, if I understand this correctly. The guy get's laid off, upset with Obama's Anti-Gun Stance. I wasn't aware that Obama was out to take his rights away. Back on topic, so he murders 3 innocent people. I am trying to tie getting laid off and fear of losing your rights as one of the same? Obviously this guy is mentally unstable. He needs to wean himself from the right wing freaks out there that call themselves news worthy but sadly it is too late now. The People like Limpball and Savage for starters and probably the NRA for instilling fear in these nuts now have blood on their hands. Really a sad story!

Old 04-04-2009, 09:47 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
You wonder if these shooters are obamabots sent out to wreak havoc and turn public opinion against the second amendment. There was a similar spike in shootings at different times in the clinton years.
Don't worry. As long as you wear your tinfoil hat, you'll be safe.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:18 PM

97 posts, read 124,048 times
the worlds going over the cliff and everyones fighting for a shot at the gas pedal. last night i was taking a walk, i happen to live a bout 10-15mins away from were the shootings took place. anyway during my walk i was thinking my neighborhoods really turning into a shi*hole. youve got dopers driving around in cars with the windows tinted so dark you dont know if they're carrying or not. kids in there teens and tweentys so f ****d up on perscription drugs and other s**t they cant focus on anything, beside the fact they all ready look dead although they haven't made into the ground yet. and then you get home turn on the news and you have to listen to a- hole politcians lying through there teeth..news reporters beating stupid stories to death, like rich people get millions, instead of gov screws citizens out of trillions. young kids sending nude pics of themselves ,there parents cant turnoff mtv roadrules long enough to figure out why.the same kids grow up playing grand theft auto and watching friday13 movies, and listening to lil wayne and mike jones through there i pods at full volume. and no one can figure out why theyre immune to the violence. i tried it once and wanted to kill everything in sight. i can really understand why people could react the way that boy did. and it makes me sick to my stomach. people can only get pushed so far..the sad thing is, he picked the people who should be the solution to the problem and not the the root cause.... ps i have alot of friends who are pgh city cops and i pray for them daily

Old 04-04-2009, 10:27 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
So, if I understand this correctly. The guy get's laid off, upset with Obama's Anti-Gun Stance. I wasn't aware that Obama was out to take his rights away. Back on topic, so he murders 3 innocent people. I am trying to tie getting laid off and fear of losing your rights as one of the same? Obviously this guy is mentally unstable. He needs to wean himself from the right wing freaks out there that call themselves news worthy but sadly it is too late now. The People like Limpball and Savage for starters and probably the NRA for instilling fear in these nuts now have blood on their hands. Really a sad story!
So if I usderstand this post correctly. This guy did what he did because of Savage, Limbaugh, and the NRA. Not because he had a few screws loose, not because he on his own decided to do it and as such owns no personal responsibility.
Now how I see it is simple. Everyone has free will. Some excercise poor judgment. Some people are just flat out nuts.
Sorry but I don't believe in blameing the other guy, society, or the parents for not giving enough hugs. I listen to a mix of radio and have yet to be manipulated by any of the above into committing a crime.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:33 PM

97 posts, read 124,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I threatened no one with violence at this moment. I said repeatedly we're not there (yet). Those who support a NWO and total centralized planning of government with grave restrictions on rights will likely be neutralized. Either in an urban battlefield or in some kangaroo court where they'll be summarily executed.

So, hypothetically, whoever was 110% in support of a government as stated above and worse yet aided said government in achieving these goals, I believe their time will come.
Moderator cut: no personal attacks! both sides dems and repubs have done more to distroy the country that i at one time took an oath to protect and defend than any domestic terrorist could ever hope to...

Last edited by katzenfreund; 04-06-2009 at 06:58 AM..

Old 04-04-2009, 10:36 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanufacturing View Post
Moderator cut: no personal attacks! both sides dems and repubs have done more to distroy the country that i at one time took an oath to protect and defend than any domestic terrorist could ever hope to...
I can agree with this post. Well said.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 04-06-2009 at 06:58 AM..

Old 04-05-2009, 03:36 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The ad smacks of "sell the sizzle, not the steak".

they are not selling simple items to use when you go afield or to the range - the whole idea is the romance of carrying a concealed weapon and suddenly being thrust into a position where you can be a hero because of the tactical gear you were carrying in your NRA shorts.

GOOD police personnel take pride in their work and de-escalating situations. I personally know a few who have an image of themselves as James Bond, and a few who are on power trips.

My cousin is a Police Captain in Columbia and a deer hunting buddy of mine who has drawn his pistol in the line of duty a number of times in 39 years of duty, mostly during his detective days. He used it only once when he found himself staring down the barrel of a pistol in a dark parking lot outside a nightclub. He fired twice and killed the man with the pistol. The investigation found that the first bullet apparently went straight down the barrel of the man's pistol, and the second shot put him down. Carl placed #14 in marksmanship in the national police tournament in the early 70s and is cool headed, good natured, and deserving of the utmost respect. Not all of the cops who have worked with him have been like him, unfortunately.

These ads were decidedly not directed at policemen and women, but at the average citizen with a CWP, not all of whom are level headed. The ads and the products are decidedly legal, but as with many other situations in life, everything that is legal is neither ethical, moral, or desirable because of its legality.
Ohh silly man, women don't own guns. They don't read popular mechanics either.
I know the types you're talking about. Rent a cops are even worse because they haven't even come close to having the training of honed judgement. They're under the delusion that LE is about power over people, not in protection of people.

My own stint with LE I had to deal with an incorrigible 19yr old from texas named Stamper that my crew nicknamed Stomper. He was so gung ho wanting to be a bad ass, the way he'd act during issue you'd think he had no identity at all without a gun. I'd relieve him of watch and he mislaid the duty fire arm. Gunners wanted him off their range. He'd regularly get careless about clearing his weapon, even left ammo in the engine room once. Skirting an ugly trip the the bos'ns locker, the crew petitioned command to pull his boarding team quals because he was nothing short of a nuisance.

More than just these immature males, there's the selling point guilting men as protectors. I think it exploits that instinct in men, but when it's expressed in extreme terms it borders on encouraging vigilantism. I have no experience whatsoever with militia, but I think it's best that any militia group out there should coordinate with local police dept if they aren't already.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
I don't like guns either, but I know why we have them and I know why our forefathers wanted us to have them. They knew one day our freedom would be tested (or could) and they made sure WE would be able to fight to protect that document and our freedom. When people snap and kill it is horrible, they could do the same with a knife. They chose a gun. Gun rights must always remain, even for those who don't like them.
I’ll disagree with you here.
People who kill others with guns are cowards.
They would never get that close to others to kill with a knife.
There’s a big difference between looking at someone in the face as you kill them and see their life drain out than the ultimate impersonal power to kill someone from a distance.

My point is that there are enough seriously frightening people on CD that I’m developing an opinion that is for greater gun control.
I’ve seriously thought of reporting some people here to the government for their posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies