Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 06:50 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Ohhhhhhh I don't know. Maybe cause it has been 8 long years that we finally have an Ambassador who represents our country unlike the embarrassment we had with what's his face.
Obama, while in UK for G-20, at news conference: "I'm going to call on one foreigner..."

Embarrassement? Last 8 years? The Obama administration has been one embarrassment after another!

Bush also undestood protocol. Apparently the Obama's haven't ever heard of protocol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 07:04 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
I particularly enjoyed when Obama bowed down to a world leader who is religiously opposed to people bowing before him. That's statecraft!

"Better to remain erect and thought a fool than to bow down and remove all doubt"

Case in point. This is what his opposition has been reduced to. Teleprompter gliches, formality protocols, middle names...

Obama's rising above it all.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:12 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
President Obama Exercises Diplomacy, Helps Avert Mess (Again)

April 04, 2009 1:28 PM

On the heels of his negotiations at the G-20 economic summit - where he negotiated a way out of a potential logjam spurred by a heated debate between France and China over tax havens - President Obama exercised his negotiating skills once again on this overseas trip, this time at the NATO Summit.
This time the debate was over whether Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen should become the next secretary general of NATO.

President Obama Exercises Diplomacy, Helps Avert Mess (Again) - Political Punch
I fear that poor president obama is an empty suit. time will tell whether or not my assessment is correct. if time and history prove I am wrong I will freely admit it but what I'm really looking forward to is reading more of your entertaining though mindless propagandizing.

what I would like to do is start the "who is dukester game" and this is who I believe you to be.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:18 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
I fear that poor president obama is an empty suit. time will tell whether or not my assessment is correct. if time and history prove I am wrong I will freely admit it but what I'm really looking forward to is reading more of your entertaining though mindless propagandizing.

what I would like to do is start the "who is dukester game" and this is who I believe you to be.
LMAO, you can believe what you want. Last time I checked Bush is gone and we now have freedom of speech...

Old 04-05-2009, 07:18 AM

That's fine to feel he's a talking suit, but you need to provide some evidence to back your claim.

All the substantive evidence I can see is to the opposite. Ivy League degrees, Editor Harvard Law Review, Constitutional Law professor at University of Chicago, widely credited as having run the most organized and effective campaign in modern politics, decisive and bold action on policies domestically and an entirely new "brand" for America worldwide....

I know a talking suit when I see one - and there are plenty on both the left and right - but I just don't see any evidence for him being one.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:21 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
That's fine to feel he's a talking suit, but you need to provide some evidence to back your claim.

All the substantive evidence I can see is to the opposite. Ivy League degrees, Editor Harvard Law Review, Constitutional Law professor at University of Chicago, widely credited as having run the most organized and effective campaign in modern politics, decisive and bold action on policies domestically and an entirely new "brand" for America worldwide....

I know a talking suit when I see one - and there are plenty on both the left and right - but I just don't see any evidence for him being one.
The attributes in Obama you laid out is exactly what scares the GOP.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:12 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Case in point. This is what his opposition has been reduced to. Teleprompter gliches, formality protocols, middle names...

Obama's rising above it all.

If you consider it acceptable to be unaware of a fellow world leader's views and positions on a subject - power to ya.

I consider it extremely dangerous.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:26 AM

Run, Chicken Little, run!

Old 04-05-2009, 08:27 AM

749 posts, read 947,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester View Post
president obama exercises diplomacy, helps avert mess (again)

april 04, 2009 1:28 pm

on the heels of his negotiations at the g-20 economic summit - where he negotiated a way out of a potential logjam spurred by a heated debate between france and china over tax havens - president obama exercised his negotiating skills once again on this overseas trip, this time at the nato summit.
This time the debate was over whether danish prime minister anders fogh rasmussen should become the next secretary general of nato.

president obama exercises diplomacy, helps avert mess (again) - political punch
not

Old 04-05-2009, 03:24 PM

Another strong response, bgibbs. Your eloquence and thoughtful rebuttal is a true inspiration.

Why is it so hard to accept that, by all objectives measures, Obama's job at the summit was a rousing success?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies