Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:42 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
that's why I said it was interesting. can't really blame people for voting for him in 2000. his platform seemed pretty solid. I never voted for him, but understand people liking that humble message.
I blame everyone who voted for him for falling for his folksy windshield cowboy act. Everyone made such a big hairy deal about him being the MBA president. When the fact of the matter is that he's nothing but a legacy trustafarian who could always go to daddy to bail him out of his fiascos, get the SEC off his case for dumping his stock in Arbusto before it went belly up and then get daddy's buddies to prop him up again and again. This is a guy who couldn't find oil IN TEXAS!!!

Yea, Obama wasn't a businessman, he's an attorney. Duh. Obama worked his way up, Wonderboy had it handed to him on a silver platter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 12:46 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times
I'm sorry, what are you crying about? I understand why so many people voted for barry the bumper sticker boy. they were brainwashed by the media that he wasn't a politician and that this election was historic and important for some reason. this country is so full of narcissism it's sickening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I blame everyone who voted for him for falling for his folksy windshield cowboy act. Everyone made such a big hairy deal about him being the MBA president. When the fact of the matter is that he's nothing but a legacy trustafarian who could always go to daddy to bail him out of his fiascos, get the SEC off his case for dumping his stock in Arbusto before it went belly up and then get daddy's buddies to prop him up again and again. This is a guy who couldn't find oil IN TEXAS!!!

Yea, Obama wasn't a businessman, he's an attorney. Duh. Obama worked his way up, Wonderboy had it handed to him on a silver platter.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:47 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, what are you crying about? I understand why so many people voted for barry the bumper sticker boy. they were brainwashed by the media that he wasn't a politician and that this election was historic and important for some reason. this country is so full of narcissism it's sickening.
I'm not crying anymore. I wake up each morning and smile.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:48 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Obama ran a business? Which one? What did he own or run?
No one said he ran a business.

Running a successful business is admirable, but not everyone's cup of tea. Contrary to the opinion of some, everyone doesn't worship at the altar of business.

People with wealth such as the Bush family don't even have to know anything about running a business. A family with that wealth needs only to have someone it trusts; people can be paid to run businesses.

I'm not concerned that Obama hasn't run a business. I welcome it.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:50 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
What business did Bush not run into the ground?
Business and Politics, he failed at both.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:51 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Yes, and it was handed to him by his father, who had it handed to him as well. (Where's that estate tax thread?)

Old 04-06-2009, 12:54 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
you must not have children. most parents wake up each morning and vomit.

Quote:
I'm not crying anymore. I wake up each morning and smile.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:55 PM

he was elected president twice. how is that a failure in politics. he may have sucked at his job, but he was an excellent politician. obama was as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What business did Bush not run into the ground?
Business and Politics, he failed at both.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
you must not have children. most parents wake up each morning and vomit.
???
what does this post mean?

Quote:
he was elected president twice. how is that a failure in politics. he may have sucked at his job, but he was an excellent politician. obama was as well.
Well, the first (s)election was decided by the Supreme Court.
The second, it is frequently debated (and there's a lot of data supporting) that Diebold made the (s)election.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:58 PM

it means that when parents wake up, and see that barry the wonderboy is spending money like ted kennedy drinks wine and murders women, it makes them sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
???
what does this post mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies