Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:42 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,751,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Or they can just say eff it and fire nukes. As I said if there is direct non-proxy war aggression from China or Russia we have bigger fish to fry than the F-22 getting scrapped. We've already blown trillions of dollars on paranoia and this would have been more of the same.
Which is why we need missile defense. I hear Obama's not too keen on that either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 04:43 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,273,318 times
You must be trying to break the record for numbers of threads started.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,417,930 times
Quote:
What? You're comparing something that would be used in a traditional World War 2 style war to nuclear weapons? You sure you wanna go down that route BigJon?
It would appear you're not sure or else you wouldn't answer my question with a question.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,468,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
Which is why we need missile defense. I hear Obama's not too keen on that either.
Wanna look up for me exactly how many decades and how much money we've blown on this phantom STAR WARS program.

Here I'm going to tell you a secret, you know what real missile defense is? Having an arsenal of nuclear weapons.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It would appear you're not sure or else you wouldn't answer my question with a question.
I answered you're question with my next post no matter, but they're different projects with different purposes so your assertion makes zero sense.

Unless the F-22 can stop a nuke.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Wanna look up for me exactly how many decades and how much money we've blown on this phantom STAR WARS program.

Here I'm going to tell you a secret, you know what real missile defense is? Having an arsenal of nuclear weapons.
Right, and missile defense hasn't produced anything. Your only option is nuclear winter. Not too many people are willing to get on board with that. You know why? Because the same person that invented the power you are using to chat on the net is the same one that figured out over 80 years ago missile defense. I wouldn't bet against Tesla, it's still taking billions of dollars and 1000's of scientist to figure out his inventions, many of which will never be implemented and many already have you just don't know it.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,578,484 times
Quote:

Missile defense is real. We have working sea, land, and air based anti- ballistic missile defense. I know Gates is proposing to kill some new ABM projects like the Multi-Kill Vehicle. I'm still ambivalent on that. I'll have to think about it some more.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Right, and missile defense hasn't produced anything. Your only option is nuclear winter. Not too many people are willing to get on board with that. You know why? Because the same person that invented the power you are using to chat on the net is the same one that figured out over 80 years ago missile defense. I wouldn't bet against Tesla, it's still taking billions of dollars and 1000's of scientist to figure out his inventions, many of which will never be implemented and many already have you just don't know it.
What? What makes you think missile defense has actually deterred anything?

Why were there no nukes fired before the 80s and after WW2?

Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I answered you're question with my next post no matter, but they're different projects with different purposes so your assertion makes zero sense.

Unless the F-22 can stop a nuke.
No I'd rather spend much more on more important things. The important part is we stay dominant, unless you trust your freedoms with communist, fascist or any of the various theocracies.

For example:
http://www.break.com/index/laser-loa...nse-plane.html

Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,715,921 times
Quote:
Wars (for the last like 50 years) have been proxy guerilla warfare and the military should prepare for as much.
One's enemies usually attack in a manner in which their intended target is least prepared to defend themselves.

We were well prepared for full on frontal assault, that's why we are confronted with asymetrical warfare. When we spend all our $$ preparing to fight a foe that uses guerilla tactics, we will be confronted with the full on frontal assault, once again........

It's the nature of the game, the only feasible means of proper defense is too be prepared for whatever one's enemies can throw at you. Sadly our current economic condition doesnt bode well for the future preparedness of our military.

Wonder how long before the programs for replacement of the space shuttle, and the return to the moon get scrapped?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies